• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

someone has something listed at about twice eBay BIN listings and about three times completed sales have been going for...

should we go get pitchforks and torches?

No, but at the same time we do want to know so we can go and stare at it, yes absolutely! lol

someone has something listed at about twice eBay BIN listings and about three times completed sales have been going for...

No, but at the same time we do want to know so we can go and stare at it, yes absolutely! lol

:applause:

37398670.jpg

I told you I blame Facebook. Folks get downright personal over there, and I think a few of them wander over here thinking that putting down someone's asking price is all the rage these days.

That being said, I wish I could stand in front of Mile High's table with a sign saying, "over priced drek."

Dan

Honest question for the veterans: how different is this place now from what it was years ago?

I feel like there was a veteran presence or some form of "tough love" even when I first joined. The old-timers used to keep noobs in line. :makepoint: Learn and respect this place or get out. :sumo: Now it seems people are chastised and lambasted for speaking out publicly for doing that. Members from social media groups seem to be flocking here daily. They're not coming to discuss comics or learn from members who share their knowledge. They seem to be coming here solely because it's a fee free selling market and a place to buy and sell the latest Deadpool variant.

This place honestly just feels different over the last year or so and it seems to be getting worse with the passing of time. 2c

Honest question for the veterans: how different is this place now from what it was years ago?

I feel like there was a veteran presence or some form of "tough love" even when I first joined. The old-timers used to keep noobs in line. :makepoint: Learn and respect this place or get out. :sumo: Now it seems people are chastised and lambasted for speaking out publicly for doing that. Members from social media groups seem to be flocking here daily. They're not coming to discuss comics or learn from members who share their knowledge. They seem to be coming here solely because it's a fee free selling market and a place to buy and sell the latest Deadpool variant.

This place honestly just feels different over the last year or so and it seems to be getting worse with the passing of time. 2c

:preach:

(thumbs u

Dan

I'm not preaching. I was stating my opinion that I feel like the place has changed and was asking members who have been here a lot longer than I have if they think it has as well.

You are hanging out in the wrong forums. Stay out of the sales forum and General and you will see some good discussions.

One of the first signs you're getting old:

Things ain't like they used to be. :insane:

I'm not preaching. I was stating my opinion that I feel like the place has changed and was asking members who have been here a lot longer than I have if they think it has as well.

You are hanging out in the wrong forums. Stay out of the sales forum and General and you will see some good discussions.

:shrug:

Honestly, where? On what type of frequency?

I feel like the only place there are consistently good conversations is in the Gold forum, Silver is hit/miss and Bronze-Modern are increasingly about which books to flip or are worth speculating on... Even some of my go-to threads in Modern on current series are rarely updated with opinions on the stories themselves and people seem more interested in the variants than anything else (few exceptions being the TMNT crew, etc).

CG seems to be the only place where bigger comic topics are discussed, albeit they devolve pretty quickly. Even then, there is a post at least once a week where someone is "looking for advice" on their collection that they found/inherited/whatever - only for progressive discussion to show that they are fishing for buyers.

I can't speak to this place years ago, but there is definitely a change since I joined and particularly since we hit 2015. More flippers, less actual discussion on comics and the "experienced" members seem to have hit an all time high of frustration (justifiably) with the frequency that the same conversations/questions come up over and over.

I would be interested to see what percentage of the total members joined in the last 12 months (I bet it is higher than you think) and how many of them had less than 20-40 posts before they were never seen again (i.e. tried to "join the community" only to eventually pimp their wares at redonk prices and fail).

Maybe I am not the best person to comment, but whatevs. :shrug:

Mystery boxes ruined it for everybody.

Never had the chance to get one of your boxes. The one I did buy here was utter B.S. and I still cannot figure out were thy got the value from.

Not to say I dislike the idea of mystery boxes either.

Edited by Shadow Images

Never had the chance to get one of your boxes. The one I did buy here was utter B.S. and I still cannot figure out were thy got the value from.

Not to say I dislike the idea of mystery boxes either.

Aside from slow shipping time which happened for me a little more frequently than I would have liked, most of mine were pretty well received. Majority of purchases came from the same twenty or so people being repeat buyers.

There were a few that weren't well received and I always worked out the issue. Some instances I gave a full refund and buyer kept the items and in others I would partial refund or send a replacement. Some people returned items for refund and I paid return shipping usually unless the buyer declined my offer to do so...any slabs that were damaged (I think maybe two over two years), I paid for re-slabbing fees. I don't think there's a lot of people that would've worked out those types of issues or at least in that way with that type of product.

Loot Crate made an entire business off of mystery boxes and the skybound mystery boxes last Black Friday were a huge success for them. The product can be good or it can be garbage, but it's definitely viable.

Edited by comicalgems

This place was great until the person who registered exactly after me arrived. Every member after that has done nothing more than bring down the internet real estate that this forum exists in.

BTW, the person who registered before me probably said the same exact thing.

This place was great until the person who registered exactly after me arrived. Every member after that has done nothing more than bring down the internet real estate that this forum exists in.

I used to think it was this place that had changed so drastically. But I don't think so anymore. I think it is the market that has changed drastically.

Movie and TV hype have brought a "key-centric" focus like nothing I've ever seen before. Books get hot and then get flipped more times than a jailhouse mattress. Lots of new entrants into the market. Some collectors and some folks trying to cash in on the next collectible spike. This place attracts everyone, because it is a little epicenter of the high end (especially slabbed) market. There is real money and there real books on here all the time.

For the old guard, there is some battle fatigue to seeing the same stuff over and over, but that is natural.

There have been some great new members added in the last couple years, and even though it seems like they get drowned out by the specu-dinguses, they don't.

This is the new normal. At least until that Walking Dead bubble pops.

I used to think it was this place that had changed so drastically. But I don't think so anymore. I think it is the market that has changed drastically.

Movie and TV hype have brought a "key-centric" focus like nothing I've ever seen before. Books get hot and then get flipped more times than a jailhouse mattress. Lots of new entrants into the market. Some collectors and some folks trying to cash in on the next collectible spike. This place attracts everyone, because it is a little epicenter of the high end (especially slabbed) market. There is real money and there real books on here all the time.

For the old guard, there is some battle fatigue to seeing the same stuff over and over, but that is natural.

There have been some great new members added in the last couple years, and even though it seems like they get drowned out by the specu-dinguses, they don't.

This is the new normal. At least until that Walking Dead bubble pops.

That's how diseases spread.

It is different. Blocks of text that really don't say much, speculators galore, in addition to a growing number of scammers.

I miss Nik. One of the last board members who really spoke his mind and had something to say.