• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,161 posts in this topic

If only there was a way to communicate on the forum outside of threads. Maybe the new software will fix that.

Does the new software solve hopeless cases of those lacking self-awareness?

Perhaps administering electric shocks each time there's a breach of forum protocol?

If so, I'm in!

If only there was a way to communicate on the forum outside of threads. Maybe the new software will fix that.

Does the new software solve hopeless cases of those lacking self-awareness?

Perhaps administering electric shocks each time there's a breach of forum protocol?

If so, I'm in!

-sFMqj.gif

just randomly wanted to say that I love when someone posts that they are buying a house and need to sell some books and then list like $10 books that are between $5-10...

what kind of house are you moving into that $50 will help that much?

playhouse.jpg

It always nice when boardies offer advice on shipping. Especially when they are experts.

Community :cloud9:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=9191228#Post9191228

Holy god have mercy :facepalm:

The ole' Wolverine 66 diatribe over in Modern was a master-stroke in wankery

I wish the community got to set people's sig lines cause this would be at the bottom of every CAK post

Asking $125 + $25 shipping for a Wolvie CGC 9.6 would be market manipulation.....which is something I do not take part of.

It always nice when boardies offer advice on shipping. Especially when they are experts.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=9191228#Post9191228

I wish the community got to set people's sig lines cause this would be at the bottom of every CAK post

Asking $125 + $25 shipping for a Wolvie CGC 9.6 would be market manipulation.....which is something I do not take part of.

If he accidentally sold one for that price he would post a thread here asking GPA to take that sale off of their site

just randomly wanted to say that I love when someone posts that they are buying a house and need to sell some books and then list like $10 books that are between $5-10...

what kind of house are you moving into that $50 will help that much?

playhouse.jpg

:roflmao: when I saw that thread title I was all "Finally! Action 1 is coming up on the boards and I can save a buyers premium!"

And then I read it and was all " :sorry:

So question:

If someone lists a book for sale, with a stated price but does not mention shipping at all in the listing, is it fair to assuming shipping is included in the price or that one should expect to pay additional for shipping?

I would not make that assumption.

I'd assume I'd be paying exact USPS shipping. No handling, no rounding up.

I'd also assume that if I hit the :takeit: and the seller hadnt specified shipping that they'd be amiable to ship it as I wanted (based on how it was eligible).

So question:

If someone lists a book for sale, with a stated price but does not mention shipping at all in the listing, is it fair to assuming shipping is included in the price or that one should expect to pay additional for shipping?

I'd also assume that if I hit the :takeit: and the seller hadnt specified shipping that they'd be amiable to ship it as I wanted (based on how it was eligible).

That seems fair....apparently I'm confused as I thought a shipping policy was mandatory for transactions here (as well as a return policy).

So question:

That seems fair....apparently I'm confused as I thought a shipping policy was mandatory for transactions here (as well as a return policy).

I don't think you're confused. A shipping policy, estimated costs, etc. are a mandatory part of every sales thread here. When it's missing we're supposed to post that list of things that are missing from the seller's thread with that boilerplate that Arch provided.

It just doesn't mean that anything missing if whatever the buyer wants it to be, although that would be AWESOME! lol

Do you have a link to that?

So question:

I don't think you're confused. A shipping policy, estimated costs, etc. are a mandatory part of every sales thread here. When it's missing we're supposed to post that list of things that are missing from the seller's thread with that boilerplate that Arch provided.

It just doesn't mean that anything missing if whatever the buyer wants it to be, although that would be AWESOME! lol

I don't mind paying for shipping and in this case, I'll pay the fee (it's a very small and cheap lesson).

I just prefer to know exactly what I'm getting myself into up front...that's all.

Next time I'll ask.

Do you have a link to that?

uote=CopperAgeKids]

Old Man Logan Wolverine vol 3 #66 going thru dat roof! ebay

What's the average price now for a NM?

$25-30 currently, but not many NM copies are up currently unless they are in a set which is also selling really well.

Its similar to what will happen to Planet Hulk 92 in the next year or two I think. Great story with great lead in issue.

Old Man Logan Wolverine vol 3 #66 going thru dat roof! ebay

What's the average price now for a NM?

$25-30 currently, but not many NM copies are up currently unless they are in a set which is also selling really well.

Its similar to what will happen to Planet Hulk 92 in the next year or two I think. Great story with great lead in issue.

I thought Panet Hulk was pretty much canned as a movie concept for the next Hulk solo film, and replaced with Perez's original 2 part Future Imperfect?

Wolverine 66 isn't really a super hot book...yet....and it's cooled off since it initially was talked about as the next Wolvie movie theme a few months back.

I subbed a copy at Baltimore and got a 9.6 on it, didn't press it as I was short on time and thought it had a good shot at a 9.8.

Took a few weeks to sell it on eBay via BIN at $89.99 + shipping....started at below what a Canadian ebay seller had it at that time, who had the only CGC 9.6's on ebay at the time....he had it priced pretty damn high at like $124.95 + $20-ish shipping.

He had 2 CGC 9.6's, last time I checked, neither had sold.

IIRC, I sold mine via BIN at $70 or so, with free (Diamond comic boxed/bubblewrapped to death)media mail shipping.Since then, I've cut out media mail shipping on slabs and switched over to larger (flat rate medium priority boxes are not big enough to provide adequate protection for even a single slabbed book and local post offices don't usually offer the bigger USPS priority boxes, gotta order them from usps.com.Regression aside....

The buyer was stoked, gave me a + feedback soon as it arrived.

I have a few other 9.6 and 9.8 candidates....which I have been hoarding BUT if I sub them this coming weekend at Big Apple, I'll press them beforehand....and sell any raw copies I have hoarded that I can't get at least 9.6's out of, for about $30.

From what I see on eBay,a solid NM 9.0 9.4 raw sells for around $20-$40...depending on scan quality + shipping prices,...that is what I'd price the 1-2 copies I have that have a couple light CB spine tics and/or slightly blunted corners.

In other words, it seems like raw 9.0's to 9.4's with un-pressable defects are worth an average price of $20-35.That is what I will price my 9.29.4 copies at, at Big Apple.....the cost of selling raw books like a raw NM 9.0,raw 9.2 or raw 9.4 isn't worth the time involved with scanning, posting on ebay etc.....and then (and additional expense of shipping out a 2 pound box via priority b/c I ship out raw books in M2's + 2 full backs + 2 BCW boards....then sheathed in a M2/Full Back silver/gold combo, on a sheet of cardboard...slid into a bubblewrap mailer, packed into a large box with bubblewrap...., which the buyer has to factor into the price of a book.

The question at hand was literally "are Wolverine 66 prices rising?"