• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

Yeah rather annoying. Well, soon as the check is delivered (USPS showing not yet) I'll post here. But it does become very easy for him to now to just ignore everything.

Restart a closed threads under old one (thumbs u

I've often wondered the same thing hm

:baiting:

You’re so "cool" that I do not know what to do of "cool books" lol

Not sure what you mean by this, but I've passed on several Cool Books© situations where I could've either gotten something for my collection, or bought something I could've easily flipped. Not trying to toot my own horn, but it is what it is (shrug)

Yeah rather annoying. Well, soon as the check is delivered (USPS showing not yet) I'll post here. But it does become very easy for him to now to just ignore everything.

It would be easier to keep track of the discussion if it moved to the Probation List Discussion thread. ;)

If or when you may decide to move the issue to the Probation area you can be sure it will not be easy to ignore.

That's actually a good point. Since the seller has still not agreed to send the book, a pm to him with the intent to nominate to the PL could be done. Oh wait....PM's are blocked. A guess a formal notification in the thread will suffice

No they can't. That's the point, he turned them off for everyone

I didn't realize that was a thing. Interesting. Well, at least that will keep him from seeing other objectionable comic covers via PM. Always a bright side.

Someone he's not ignoring/blocking could always inform him.

Absolutely, and not reading (or ignoring) a PM notification is not a ticket out of the PL process, once the PM notification is sent the clock ticks down whether its read or not.

When I bought my second house I was really not in favor of it, my wife wanted the house, I was against it, I came very close to walking out of the closing and refusing to sigh etc etc sure enough it was the money pit I thought it would be.

I had agreed to buy the house, we were sitting down ready to go but there was absolutely nothing that could have stopped me saying I changed my mind if I wanted up until the time I signed the papers.

I could have easily walked away from a seven figure deal after saying :takeout:

Not free and clear.

Not without penalty.

Not with your earnest money.

And probably not without a suit for reliance damages given what real estate contracts entail once due diligence, inspection and review periods expire. Because that person you're buying from is probably buying another place and the months of time lost to you (culminating in a walk out) kept them from finding another buyer. It also is going to stop them from closing on their new home. They've hired movers, and painters, and registered their kids in a new school, canceled the utilities, changed their mailing address, etc etc etc.

All those dominoes fall as a result of your action of walking out on a firm contract.

We can look at this a different way, for example, a Doctors office.

I make an appointment. The time comes for the appointment. But I changed my mind the day of the appointment. I call and cancel a couple hours before the appointment. The Doctor has provided no service yet. However, the Doctor has a 72 required cancellation window that I blew off...and there's a penalty attached.

I shouldn't be required to pay that penalty, right? I mean, I didn't get any medical care. The Doc didn't do anything for me. I just changed my mind. FREEDOM!!!!! lol

Yup. Plenty of penalties in the real world for changing your mind.

It's easy to trivialize this as just a 'small comic deal', and honestly if it was me as a buyer I'd probably drop it after a few posts and move on but really, what is society founded on if people can't keep their word on even simple things?

Maybe I have been watching too many old movies but it seems like society in general used to value their word a lot more than we do today. Today anything goes as long as you are personally gaining in the short term. White lies, pretend you didn't hear it, fabricate an answer that will placate everybody, lie to insurance or just outright tell people you don't care.

Yes, you are free to uphold your word or not but then everyone else is allowed to have an opinion on it and act on it.

I didn't realize that was a thing. Interesting. Well, at least that will keep him from seeing other objectionable comic covers via PM. Always a bright side.

I don't know if you all saw it but Jimbo did state in his now moved Sales Thread that he respected the advice of many people and was going to give it some thought.

That was the last post in the thread I saw before it was shut down.

I don't know if you all saw it but Jimbo did state in his now moved Sales Thread that he respected the advice of many people and was going to give it some thought.

I do not know the seller but my impression is that this behaviour is surprising and unusual and insofar as the seller has friends on the Boards I`m pretty sure they will be communicating with him, hopefully to a good result.

He's thinking about how much money it might cost him down the road.

I did see that. We can hope for the best, but that was the same post where he confused consideration for performance and thought that he could alter, change or pull out of a deal for pretty much any reason. So hope might be all we have.

The rule prohibiting books being listed here and elsewhere is well-founded, as Liam has now learned.

Here's yet another example of someone (a long-term boardie) who seemingly can't follow such a simple requirement.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=9723392#Post9723392

The rule prohibiting books being listed here and elsewhere is well-founded, as Liam has now learned.

Here's yet another example of someone (a long-term boardie) who seemingly can't follow such a simple requirement.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=9723392#Post9723392

Yup and just about every dealer that sells online has them listed somewhere else at some point when they decide here.

Filters last thread had a few books on ebay that were listed on the boards

Esquire had some on Clink at the same time as here

Another long time boardie just had his pulled

Just about every "internet dealer" has books on facebook at the same time as they are here however without the mod being notified (and half the time they are notified) it doesn't get yanked.