• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

And she blew, blew, blew, blew, blew.

hm There might be another way for ComCav get the deal done.

Richard are you volunteering (shrug)

No one offered me a book.

so you do have a price :o

so you do have a price :popcorn:

There are a couple of books I've never owned - Action 1 and Detective 27.

I think most of us would consider it for one or the other of them.

747abc264e1d4fab6728cb21f23ce48fe7b9c224.gif

...I honestly did laugh out loud to this one.

Doc Joe is advocating like he's the one that made the post-deal bid for the book. You didn't, did you, Doc Joe?

Since Jimbo_707 and Doc Joe seem to be all for post-transaction plays, on ComCav's behalf, I plan on creating a program that monitors board activity. Then, whenever Jimbo_707 or Doc Joe claim a book, this program will automatically contact the seller and offer 20% more.

Then, since we don't really care about enforceability or follow-through, ComCav can just decide not to go through with any +20% deals that he doesn't like.

Joe is good people. I'll vouch for that. He may not be clear on this front, perhaps lowering standard business and contract expectations because we're talking about a hobby. Lots of people do that. I see it in comic art all the time. People think because it's comics or hobby that rules are relaxed, or that because it's outside of their day job that they don't want to deal with the same restrictions. I disagree with it, but it's not all that rare.

Fine, then. Automatic offers will only be 10% above Doc Joe deals.

I've waited to comment for a while, instead preferring to follow the various discussions and new revelations to get more information. This situation, as many have surmised, is all about money. Everything else: the "bad feeling", shipping, and moral issues are all attempts to redirect what was a series of unfortunate (but intentional) events by the seller to get more of it. There can be no other reason.

That being said, I think there is still an opportunity to fix this for 707. I think what everyone had hoped for was a quick acknowledgement of poor judgement, and an action to make it right: immediately. Trust is the real currency in which we all trade here on the boards and all attempts to "justify" a breach of that trust compounds the issue at hand.

Listen, we've all made mistakes and dug holes that need not to have been made so deep. Nothing is new under the sun and pride, errors in judgement, greed, stupidity, etc., have been the foundation for public mistakes by many of us (hint: this is how we are able to recognize it when we see it). Looking at this whole mess from above, I don't see any malice here or anything shady - certainly no crime committed. What do see is a mistake that has rolled in to a village-crushing snowball. Of course, no village has been destroyed, and no real damage done. I know I don't speak for everyone here, but for me, I would be willing to put this to bed provided a detailed apology be published here and a consummation of the deal made. No doubt it'll be a heck of a band-aid to pull off, but better to let this wound heal in the open air with a few scars than to keep picking at the scab.

Good advice, Jeremy.

You drive a hard deal Richard lol

For some of us it would depend on the condition...

So the seller has no problem discussing a bunch of stuff no one asked about or has anything to do with the situation, but still hasn't answered questions that are actually important to what has happened. It's all back peddling and attempts to change the discussion.

He might as well go on the probation list. Who the heck would buy from him now? Of course he should do the right thing and send the book, but that seems highly unlikely.

lol

I propose a new set of smileys.

231cf734258027fa75c0e39170bfc29388b8f928.gif

06dc305a8eaca6f9a8bbe380001b892d0fce9aa7.gif

c4ce66604857d138b5e504d4bb05e9d85e8863e9.gif

fd26efcf03804b1b450734d83f4b94b8526ea7bc.gif

You might be on to something here, seriously. Maybe we should tweak the selling forum rules to new subsets of what :takeit: means to sellers?

I might let you take it.

Not sure if I'll let you take.

I might change my mind about you taking it.

747abc264e1d4fab6728cb21f23ce48fe7b9c224.gif

...I honestly did laugh out loud to this one.

Doc Joe is advocating like he's the one that made the post-deal bid for the book. You didn't, did you, Doc Joe?

Since Jimbo_707 and Doc Joe seem to be all for post-transaction plays, on ComCav's behalf, I plan on creating a program that monitors board activity. Then, whenever Jimbo_707 or Doc Joe claim a book, this program will automatically contact the seller and offer 20% more.

Then, since we don't really care about enforceability or follow-through, ComCav can just decide not to go through with any +20% deals that he doesn't like.

Joe is good people. I'll vouch for that. He may not be clear on this front, perhaps lowering standard business and contract expectations because we're talking about a hobby. Lots of people do that. I see it in comic art all the time. People think because it's comics or hobby that rules are relaxed, or that because it's outside of their day job that they don't want to deal with the same restrictions. I disagree with it, but it's not all that rare.

Fine, then. Automatic offers will only be 10% above Doc Joe deals.

lol

lol

I propose a new set of smileys.

231cf734258027fa75c0e39170bfc29388b8f928.gif

06dc305a8eaca6f9a8bbe380001b892d0fce9aa7.gif

c4ce66604857d138b5e504d4bb05e9d85e8863e9.gif

fd26efcf03804b1b450734d83f4b94b8526ea7bc.gif

You might be on to something here, seriously. Maybe we should tweak the selling forum rules to new subsets of what :takeit: means to sellers?

I might let you take it.

Not sure if I'll let you take.

I might change my mind about you taking it.

Sellers place a series of differing prices goes on the target and buyers simply have to "hit" one.

PT-MovingTarget.gif

We can make a game out of it.

FUN!

Sellers place a series of differing prices goes on the target and buyers simply have to "hit" one.

PT-MovingTarget.gif

We can make a game out of it.

FUN!

Here's my problem with this: Your proposed targets are too clear. I think it should be a Magic Eye moving target.

200_s.gif

Stare at this correctly, and it's a dolphin schooner. But imagine if it were a target. And moving. And had prices listed.

Edited by BarristerBaker