• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

I am not usually so blunt but as far as I can see, the practice in general is driven by greed.

An :takeit: in the thread would be at the asking price. PM negotiations can often be a negotiated lower price.

It's the seller hoping that he/she can squeeze out a couple of more shekels at the very last minute --even though there is a done deal at a lesser price.

Not cool. I don't see how it's defensible within the majority of our community's understanding of fair practice.

I thought the new guy handled it very well. He could have made a big issue out of it or had an FDQ moment, but did neither. He accepted it for what it was.

I simply can not believe not one but 4 people would PM a seller and request he sells a book to them if the buyer backs out. I don't have access to all 4 PMs but I can't imagine all four of them did not insinuate or ask the seller to sell the book at a higher price to them. It was a great price for a low grade Daredevil 1 but come on - FOUR people thought it was worth a PM offer when we all know DCMan is a person who buys the books he takes. I don't get shocked often on the boards but that was crazy.

I simply can not believe not one but 4 people would PM a seller and request he sells a book to them if the buyer backs out. I don't have access to all 4 PMs but I can't imagine all four of them did not insinuate or ask the seller to sell the book at a higher price to them. It was a great price for a low grade Daredevil 1 but come on - FOUR people thought it was worth a PM offer when we all know DCMan is a person who buys the books he takes. I don't get shocked often on the boards but that was crazy.

I was one of the 4 people that PMed but I did not make an offer. I simply asked, "Is this still available?" which was in response to the post last night that stated the book was "pending". I didn't know what that meant so I merely inquired. After my PM was sent it then came to light that the seller was simply being impatient with the buyer. My PM was never even responded to and I didn't follow up when I saw what was going on. Soooooooooo...

I looked at the thread. In fairness, the seller did post this after the sale:

Sold comics and art removed. DD1 is still pending. Send message or Ill take it post if you want anything on the list.

Not sure why they added that. Maybe some folks took it as a heads-up that the seller and buyer might not be coming to terms for whatever reason, and thought they could get next in line.

Sold comics and art removed. DD1 is still pending. Send message or Ill take it post if you want anything on the list.

Not sure why they added that. Maybe some folks took it as a heads-up that the seller and buyer might not be coming to terms for whatever reason, and thought they could get next in line.

Yes, probably more an equivocation than anything else.

Still, I found somewhat invasive that another buyer posted an :takeit: if the deal falls through while DCMan had clearly purchased the book.

Missed that. I guess I can understand the confusion or at least wanting to be first in line if a pending deal fell thru.

LINK

:takeit: DD1 if buyer doesn't end up paying. Will pay lightening fast.

Community!! :banana:

Shoehorning!!!!!!

Do people really use them still? hm

Yes...yes they do. :P

I was one of the 4 people that PMed but I did not make an offer. I simply asked, "Is this still available?" which was in response to the post last night that stated the book was "pending". I didn't know what that meant so I merely inquired. After my PM was sent it then came to light that the seller was simply being impatient with the buyer. My PM was never even responded to and I didn't follow up when I saw what was going on. Soooooooooo...

Your PM is respectful. You didn't try to interfere with the deal.

From experience in being a seller, I can tell you that some people here are not shy about undermining a deal for their own gain and their PM's don't sound like yours sounds.

The :takeit: posted in the thread, however, was in bad form.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=8748406&fpart=1

for fans of subtle-but-not-subtle threadkrapping, and non-apology apologies (see pg 3).

Isn't that the same guy that is quitting the hobby and selling his collection? :insane:

Now THAT is threadkrapping. :popcorn:

Well it was a mild threadkrapping hm

Perhaps we should coin a new term called "pummel-krapping " .

This is where the pummeling of the threadkrap posts outnumber the actual threadkrap post 3 to 1 hm

Isn't that the same guy that is quitting the hobby and selling his collection? :insane:

Now THAT is threadkrapping. :popcorn:

Well it was a mild threadkrapping hm

Perhaps we should coin a new term called "pummel-krapping " .

This is where the pummeling of the threadkrap posts outnumber the actual threadkrap post 3 to 1 hm

I think its krap-pummeling