• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

Nickel and dime much???

Nearly doubling paypal fee :eek:

Ok so what sort of violation is it if, in the terms of sale, there's a factual falsehood that the seller refuses to correct?

Paypal has a 5% fee the buyer pays for. I will also take check/money order.

Someone just asked him why he's not just charging the right amount extra for paypal and he responded with "Those are the terms of sale"...but it's since been deleted.

Ok so what sort of violation is it if, in the terms of sale, there's a factual falsehood that the seller refuses to correct?

Someone just asked him why he's not just charging the right amount extra for paypal and he responded with "Those are the terms of sale"...but it's since been deleted.

who is "he"?

I don’t think it was about that. Probably something other missing or not complying with rules.

Besides, it‘s actually a 5% (a bit more) from Italy. :P

I was thinking it's his fee to cover paypal's fees, but he worded it poorly. Could be English is not his first language. 2c

It could end up being an interesting marketing approach. Knocking a book down to 10% below FMV (on purpose) and adding in a 5% you-may-now-do-business-with-me-if-you-use-PayPal transaction fee. 5% fee is waived if paid by check or money order.

I have no problem with this unless he is really trying to say that PayPal charges a 5% fee.

As I said, if he was not from USA, it can easily be a 5%+ fee that they charge when you receive payments. Thankfully, it’s less when you are sending payments.

Great hypothetical but utterly moot.

He's in the usa as his prices indicated "shipping included in the U.S.", and as his eBay profile confirms.

His fee is 2.9% + $0.30 per transaction.

The statement that PayPal charges buyers 5% is fallacious at best in this circumstance.

I was thinking it's his fee to cover paypal's fees, but he worded it poorly. Could be English is not his first language. 2c

It could end up being an interesting marketing approach. Knocking a book down to 10% below FMV (on purpose) and adding in a 5% you-may-now-do-business-with-me-if-you-use-PayPal transaction fee. 5% fee is waived if paid by check or money order.

I have no problem with this unless he is really trying to say that PayPal charges a 5% fee.

Then you have a problem with it lol . Here's the original terms of sale in the first post.

Let's call this the, "New Mortgage" sale.

Here's my ebay profile, if you'd like to take a look: Ebay Profile

First unconditional :takeit: in the thread or via PM trumps any negotiations unless both parties have agreed prior to its posting.

Shipping in the USA is included in the price. I will ship in a padded envelope, reinforced with cardboard and/or bubble wrap. Priority box if shipping more than one.

English is not his first language, eBay profile and this text confirm he's in the usa.

Not to mention that when he was asked about the fees, he said it is just easier to round it up to 5% Easier for who? Is rounding it up to 3% any harder?