• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

His reply: "It is graded at CGC and needs to ship. Probably a couple weeks away. I sell WD so fast that unless you constantly monitor EBay or request me to hold it then it will be gone. I posted because some seemed to be unable to locate issues."

My reply: "Ok so can I request that you hold #37 for me please, as long as it's a 9.8?

I'm ready to buy now and whenever it comes in. Please and thank you"

His reply: "Done. It's 9.8 so I'll be in touch in a couple weeks."

I think you're misinterpreting his "done".

You were looking for a 9.8 copy and when he initially contacted you the book was still at CGC and hadn't yet had the grade finalized.

His "done" meant the grading was complete, it is in fact a 9.8, and is now on it's way to MCS.

Edited by Number 6

Oh my wayward friend. I hope one day you will trust someone to fulfill their word. We have been here before and may be here again. Are you saying you no longer wish to have the book?

If you want to sell me the book the way I understood it in the pm, that I still have and you removed from, then you can pm me again and I'll buy the book from you and only you cause you told me that you were going to hold it for me.

I sell everything through MCS. Would you like the book?

His reply: "It is graded at CGC and needs to ship. Probably a couple weeks away. I sell WD so fast that unless you constantly monitor EBay or request me to hold it then it will be gone. I posted because some seemed to be unable to locate issues."

My reply: "Ok so can I request that you hold #37 for me please, as long as it's a 9.8?

You were looking ifor a 9.8 copy and when he initially contacted you the book was still at CGC and hadn't yet had the grade finalized.

His "done" meant the grading was complete, it is in fact a 9.8, and is now on it's way to MCS.

"done" meant that he was covered. I hold the books outside of the MCS system until the buyer is able to purchase. Then I list and they buy. It is highly unlikely that someone else would be watching for that book at that time at that price.

You were looking ifor a 9.8 copy and when he initially contacted you the book was still at CGC and hadn't yet had the grade finalized.

"done" meant that he was covered. I hold the books outside of the MCS system until the buyer is able to purchase. Then I list and they buy. It is highly unlikely that someone else would be watching for that book at that time at that price.

But it is POSSIBLE for someone else to purchase the book. hm

But it is POSSIBLE for someone else to purchase the book. hm

Also possible it can be lost in the mail or get stuck in the CGC encapsulation machine. lol

And if something ever goes wrong then I fix it. Always have. Always will.

Oh my wayward friend. I hope one day you will trust someone to fulfill their word. We have been here before and may be here again. Are you saying you no longer wish to have the book?

If you want to sell me the book the way I understood it in the pm, that I still have and you removed from, then you can pm me again and I'll buy the book from you and only you cause you told me that you were going to hold it for me.

I sell everything through MCS. Would you like the book?

Pm sent. No more from me here. :foryou:

Jeff, I like you a lot, but I'm confused. I can see where someone else might be...

If you told me you were selling through MCS I would think I'd be saving you money by buying from you directly, so I'd be lost when you didn't explain. I know you understand what you were talking about, but I guess many other people are not Saturn Girl either. (raise your hand if you are posting in this thread and actually know WHO Saturn Girl is?. )

I can't see any reason for you to be on the probation list, but once again...clear communication could save a lot of smushed feelings.

Maybe you should just skip responding to WTB threads if you don't want to ship directly and just point out your sales in the eBay etc thread?

:hi:

If it helps ease your worries Sharon....

:hi:

She's Uranus Boy's sidekick, right? :/

:facepalm:

:hi: I know her first appearance because I always vemd93.gif at the names of the characters. That's about all I know about her.

Close, Lightning Lad who later on became her husband, the 3rd one was Cosmic Boy. lol...Actually Marvel Boy was from Uranus;)

She was a telepath, that's why I always joke about her.