• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

Isn't that the same guy that is quitting the hobby and selling his collection? :insane:

Now THAT is threadkrapping. :popcorn:

Well it was a mild threadkrapping hm

Perhaps we should coin a new term called "pummel-krapping " .

This is where the pummeling of the threadkrap posts outnumber the actual threadkrap post 3 to 1 hm

I think its krap-pummeling

Sounds better lol

Let's see, before the sale was made he said:

1) The books would be coming out of the wood work in high grade, casting doubt on how good a buy it would be.

2) Said the books value was only "perceived" to be high, casting doubt on whether they are worth the price.

3) Said demand was based on "hype" which is a way of saying fake interest, casting doubt on how wise it would be buy them.

That's the long form threadkrap with a spike in the endzone.

I recently bought a large collection of comics and these were included. Do you think that I could sell them here and if so does anybody know what a fair selling price would be?

20150717_204044_zpstsckxtoz.jpg

Thanks,

Nick

I want to sell these but I don't want to break any rules or offend anyone either.

Ive seen worse...I think as long as nudity is not shown,you should be fine...sheeesh,look at Power Girl!

They contain nudity and sex inside. Do you think they are okay to sell? They are very graphic.

Edited by Nick's Comics

Dirty bird!

We are all adults here,no?

Im sure if it is not overtly offensive material,and you are not showing the interiors right?

Maybe just put up a warning,heads up of content that is inside...not saying play by play now...

Unless you pm the torch lol

Ive seen worse...I think as long as nudity is not shown,you should be fine...sheeesh,look at Power Girl!

They contain nudity and sex inside. Do you think they are okay to sell? They are very graphic.

:idea: Better show us some examples so we ca make a decision.

lol

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=8748406&fpart=1

for fans of subtle-but-not-subtle threadkrapping, and non-apology apologies (see pg 3).

I thought it was just sour grapes from someone who's had exactly one sale in his own "going out of business" sales thread...

:news::news:

New rule.

Quote:

Mystery boxes are not allowed. You must list everything you are selling exactly as the buyer will receive it.

These have been problematic, and they too often lead to things that smell like raffles / lucky winner syndrome. They were never explicitly allowed, but were sometimes tolerated as a way to move low value books in low value transactions. The spirit of that forbearance isn't really being maintained, so we're moving on.

I would like some advice on a situation I am having. I sold some fairly high dollar books and the buyer put the :takeit: on the books. I still have not received payment. I know about the 30 day probation wait nomination. The problem is when I ask for info. about payment for the wire transfer all I get is "The bank/I am looking into it". I ask for copies of the receipt with no result.

I sent the buyer a copy of the paper work I received by the bank via PM and e-mail to him when he bought the book's.. I have not once been bad tempered in my PM's with the buyer. It has been 20 days.

Is there any something else I should be doing? Or is this most likely ending up with a probation nomination?

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=8748406&fpart=1

for fans of subtle-but-not-subtle threadkrapping, and non-apology apologies (see pg 3).

I thought it was just sour grapes from someone who's had exactly one sale in his own "going out of business" sales thread...

Doesn't one have to be in business before they can conduct such a sale?

New rule.

Quote:

Mystery boxes are not allowed. You must list everything you are selling exactly as the buyer will receive it.

These have been problematic, and they too often lead to things that smell like raffles / lucky winner syndrome. They were never explicitly allowed, but were sometimes tolerated as a way to move low value books in low value transactions. The spirit of that forbearance isn't really being maintained, so we're moving on.

I just did some checking. I sold a bit over $4,000 worth of mystery boxes in the last year. Had exactly one complaint, and I offered to make good or refund the price. I've spent about $5,000 on books directly from the boards and another $3,000 on books I first saw here that were on ebay from board members.

If my products are no longer welcome, I'll vote with my wallet and no longer buy here either.

Not exactly a win-win situation for anyone.

New rule.

Quote:

I just did some checking. I sold a bit over $4,000 worth of mystery boxes in the last year. Had exactly one complaint, and I offered to make good or refund the price. I've spent about $5,000 on books directly from the boards and another $3,000 on books I first saw here that were on ebay from board members.

If my products are no longer welcome, I'll vote with my wallet and no longer buy here either.

Mystery bags are still fine.

New rule.

Quote:

Mystery bags are still fine.

As are mystery spheres.