• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

I don't understand how a seller can claim No Returns.

If the buyer receives an overgraded book and seeks a return, wouldn't failure of seller to accept return and issue a refund be something that could land him/her on the Probation list?

I wouldn't think so. If you have pictures and know there are no returns why should the seller have to accept a return?

And if you don't have pictures and buy with no returns, well that was probably a poor choice from the buyer.

Part of the problem is a certain assumption that pics/scans are self explanatory, when they are not. Pics mean nothing without at least a numerical grade or some sort of good faith disclosure of hidden defects.

No returns as a policy puts the pressure hard on full disclosure. If you show me a book that looks like a glossy VF and say "great copy!" and it turns out the cover is detached, I'm not going to care if there was a no returns policy, I'm going to want satisfaction for a misrepresentation of the product.

No, pics fixes all of this. :eyeroll:

Maybe you should try not being a contrarian about everything. Just give it a try, once.

I was actually being facetious when I said this:

Just because you bought a book and did not turn in a person_without_enough_empathyer and moaner like the rest of the lot. I will send you a $100 dollar book.

Classy.

The reason people were 'whiny' was not because they were biznatches. It was because the seller didn't state what they were going to do.

Is it wrong of me to feel this way?

No, not at all. I think you're spot on. Don't start a thread and set expectations and then pull the rug out from under everyone because you sold a few books via PM and thus met your goal. Gigantic tease.

Not to mention, his "whiner" comment indicates he learned nothing from this. :(

If the buyer receives an overgraded book and seeks a return, wouldn't failure of seller to accept return and issue a refund be something that could land him/her on the Probation list?

I wouldn't think so. If you have pictures and know there are no returns why should the seller have to accept a return?

And if you don't have pictures and buy with no returns, well that was probably a poor choice from the buyer.

Part of the problem is a certain assumption that pics/scans are self explanatory, when they are not. Pics mean nothing without at least a numerical grade or some sort of good faith disclosure of hidden defects.

No returns as a policy puts the pressure hard on full disclosure. If you show me a book that looks like a glossy VF and say "great copy!" and it turns out the cover is detached, I'm not going to care if there was a no returns policy, I'm going to want satisfaction for a misrepresentation of the product.

Maybe you should try not being a contrarian about everything. Just give it a try, once.

You're missing his raison d'etre: rules are for suckers, except when he might get burned.

I was actually being facetious when I said this:

Just because you bought a book and did not turn in a person_without_enough_empathyer and moaner like the rest of the lot. I will send you a $100 dollar book.

Classy.

The reason people were 'whiny' was not because they were biznatches. It was because the seller didn't state what they were going to do.

Is it wrong of me to feel this way?

I thought it was a good post and was pretty sure that was what you were implying.

I thought for sure you were being sarcastic I hadn't thought of that you were being facetious

Facetiosism is less abrasive than sarcasm.

:D

I don't I've ever seen this before

resurrect an closed thread to pimp your own books via youtube

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=8832682#Post8832682

:facepalm:

That must be what they're doing on Facebook and Instagram these days...although I wouldn't know. (shrug)

:D

Been there. More than once. ;)

lol

q7evn.jpg

You're missing his raison d'etre: rules are for suckers, except when he might get burned.

hm

:eyeroll:

Rules that have a point. Not rules just to have more rules.

lol

q7evn.jpg

How do post pics from my iPhone or iPad to the boards?

I agree with that sentiment. However, "rules to have more rules" is an opinion and not one shared by everyone. It's subjective.

Should pics/scans be mandatory? I say no. Just be prepared to let the chips fall where they fall. The fact is, there are tons of people here that won't buy from a sales thread with no pics/scans and if you don't include them, you may lose sales

Do we need a poll? hm

I agree with that sentiment. However, "rules to have more rules" is an opinion and not one shared by everyone. It's subjective.

Should pics/scans be mandatory? I say no. Just be prepared to let the chips fall where they fall. The fact is, there are tons of people here that won't buy from a sales thread with no pics/scans and if you don't include them, you may lose sales

Do we need a poll? hm

But that is a sellers choice. If not including pics hurts the seller then so be it. Making a rule because someone believes it will make a seller better?

lol

q7evn.jpg

Exactly the same way you'd do it from a computer.

In fact it's easier since the camera is built in.

Snap a pic, open browser to photobucket or other image site, upload pic, copy link, paste.

That's only slightly more clicks than getting a paypal refund I do believe. lol

lol

q7evn.jpg

Exactly the same way you'd do it from a computer.

In fact it's easier since the camera is built in.

Snap a pic, open browser to photobucket or other image site, upload pic, copy link, paste.

That's only slightly more clicks than getting a paypal refund I do believe. lol

Actually, no. Have you ever tried it?

Thanks!

Now I can add crappy pics to make comix4fun feel better.

q7geq.jpg

I need to control something in my life. Why not control the message board I frequent. They will live up to my standards. Any pushback will be met with silly memes.