• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

It's ok. And I don't mind being outted as it were. These were shipped media so possible they were opened. Or the weight was high resulting in POd handlers. Bagged not boarded books with peanuts. But a full box with only some room to move around. But move around they did.

I think next time with cheap but high grade bulk I can tape them into blocks of sort. Easy cheap and effective.

I offered a refund anyway but the postage makes it prohibitive to return which is the only reason I stated no returns in the original post.

John did pm me rightfully as a disappointed buyer.

:(

It's ok. And I don't mind being outted as it were. These were shipped media so possible they were opened. Or the weight was high resulting in POd handlers. Bagged not boarded books with peanuts. But a full box with only some room to move around. But move around they did.

I think next time with cheap but high grade bulk I can tape them into blocks of sort. Easy cheap and effective.

I offered a refund anyway but the postage makes it prohibitive to return which is the only reason I stated no returns in the original post.

Not a good answer, but it seems you and the buyer are going to work it out. Thats good.

FWIW when I ship out multiple books I use extra large twist bags, which is only a couple dollars for 100 in the box. They hold around 40+ books.

For the record, the proper way to out a poor seller is not actually make a post on a public forum until one has fully exhausted all other methods of working things out with said poor seller. Be sure that the seller is solely responsible for the madness and no contributions from the shipper have been added in part or in whole. Give the seller a chance to make good. Everyone makes mistakes. Everyone experiences their first time for whatever. 2c

To be fair to the original poster, he was probably unaware that the first thing some boardies would do would be seek context by tracking down the transaction. :shy:

Not a good answer, but it seems you and the buyer are going to work it out. Thats good.

(shrug) Seems like a good answer to me. When you consider the number of sellers who come here claiming victimhood and blaming the buyer whenever something goes wrong, this looks pretty professional to me. Fault acknowledged and remedy applied.

I'm guessing the issue has something to do with the use of media mail, is that it? We don't have "media mail" (at least I don't think so) here in Canada, so I've never been clear on what service it represents exactly.

(shrug) Seems like a good answer to me. When you consider the number of sellers who come here claiming victimhood and blaming the buyer whenever something goes wrong, this looks pretty professional to me. Fault acknowledged and remedy applied.

I'm guessing the issue has something to do with the use of media mail, is that it? We don't have "media mail" (at least I don't think so) here in Canada, so I've never been clear on what service it represents exactly.

Yeah, it was a good response. You are right. Was just looking more for the

"Dude really sorry, refund already given. I will never ship like that again."

he did realize his mistake and made good.

If a buyer wants to see pictures before making a purchase is it so hard for them to PM the seller and ask?

The current rules call for a description of the item including its condition and / or pictures.

EXACTLY.

Shipping comics media mail ? No problem ;)

Print out two of these on normal size paper and attach to both sides of your stack.

Wrap in bubble wrap or saran wrap with appropriate cardboard on both sides of your stack making sure the blurred image of a sweet lot of hardcover books can be seen through the plastic.

Or just save the ink and ship first class or priority.

:D

xxx ooo

Rupp

book-spines_zpsbq5ckdsm.jpg

I was just accused of scamming someone out of $16.

:whee:

And I even posted scans.

:whee::whee:

And it was for a book I sold for half of what I paid.

:whee: :whee: :whee:

Everyone is too busy discussing the prevention of scamming to actually deal with your scam.

Please try again tomorrow.

lol

Completely ignored. lol

Yeah, it was a good response. You are right. Was just looking more for the

"Dude really sorry, refund already given. I will never ship like that again."

he did realize his mistake and made good.

Ignoring the comics via media mail can of worms and shipping a ton of comics without boards, what about the claim of missing comics?

I'd like to ask for advice with an issue I have with USPS, never happened to me before and I don't know what to do at this point.

Story is I send a wrong book to a buyer and when informed I shipped the right book to him, and asked him to ship the wrong book to a dealer for consignment. It's not a big ticket item, we are talking $40 $50 in value.

The comic was shipped priority mail with $50 insurance.

The tracking number show that the item was "delivered to agent", but the dealer says he never received the package. He opened a case and this is what they told him:

---"I called USPS back regarding the case I opened on July 15. They said the case had been closed as "resolved" by the local post office investigating the claim. The only note left by the person who closed the case said that they called the customer. They were supposed to call me, but they didn't, so I don't know who they think they called, or if they really did.

The case didn't say anything about whether the item was found or confirmed lost or anything--all it said was that they called the customer. The guy I was speaking with at USPS support said filing a claim would be the appropriate action at this point.

I asked our receiving manager about how packages are received and if they're signed for:

"They don't give us a list, just have everything in bins ready to wheel out. The only individual signing that ever takes place is if any package is certified, otherwise they keep a name on file that they scan that serves as a signature when businesses pick up."

He also said that he'd never seen "Delivered to agent" before--our packages normally always just say "Delivered". He's the one that deals with those received shipments the most and so is most familiar with what the tracking normally looks like. So it does sound like there was something unusual about that package--our shipments don't normally say "delivered to agent". ---

Meanwhile, I opened a case in the USPS site asking for the insurance, providing a declaration of value, but they denied the clim three times, with no explanation whatsoever, on the web page it only says "Claim denied"

So, at this point, I have a package that was shipped, tracking says "delivered to agent", the addressee never received the item, post office don't know what"delivered to agent" means and they can not provide any signature on delivery. Finally, USPS denied my official claim.

Let me say that I have complete faith in both the person who shipped the book to the dealer and the dealer himself, it looks to me like a total mess from the most office / USPS, but what can I do now?

Sorry about the wall of text

I don't know what you can do about your problem, but I can tell you I've seen "Delivered to agent" in tracking, just recently. I sent a package to my daughter in college, and anything that is too big to fit in the dorm mailbox is held at a central location on campus for pickup. That package shows up as "delivered to agent".