• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

Why wasn't he put on the probation list? All these nice people who fail to send out promised gifts should be on the list. I remember there was an issue with JOP and he corrected it, so should the others. If they are not noted somewhere how will we remember to not let them participate the next time?

and... :makepoint: stop that;)

Why wasn't he put on the probation list? All these nice people who fail to send out promised gifts should be on the list. I remember there was an issue with JOP and he corrected it, so should the others. If they are not noted somewhere how will we remember to not let them participate the next time?

There was a movement at one point to have the holiday/raffle put on the list but others felt that those types of events didn't coincide with the Probation/HOS rules etc so shouldn't be there and someone can start a new list if they felt inclined. Notions of the PIF/Giving threads were also brought up (guys that claimed items, received them and never sent their promised items). I think that was 2 years ago when there was a huge number of individuals that received but never sent that year.

There was a movement at one point to have the holiday/raffle put on the list but others felt that those types of events didn't coincide with the Probation/HOS rules etc so shouldn't be there and someone can start a new list if they felt inclined. Notions of the PIF/Giving threads were also brought up (guys that claimed items, received them and never sent their promised items). I think that was 2 years ago when there was a huge number of individuals that received but never sent that year.

Iceman is right on from what I can remember. Someone tried to nominate Bathedinflames for claiming and receiving his PIF but refusing and laughing about not sending out his item. That is where the Junk Donkey name was coined, though surprisingly it was for the nominator and not so much the nominee. PIF was told to keep their Junk Donkey problems in their own thread. The counter argument was that if you will lie and cheat someone in a giving thread, what makes one think they would hesitate in a sales thread.

Iceman is right on from what I can remember. Someone tried to nominate Bathedinflames for claiming and receiving his PIF but refusing and laughing about not sending out his item. That is where the Junk Donkey name was coined, though surprisingly it was for the nominator and not so much the nominee. PIF was told to keep their Junk Donkey problems in their own thread. The counter argument was that if you will lie and cheat someone in a giving thread, what makes one think they would hesitate in a sales thread.

lol

There was a lot of discussion about the nature of the P-I-F, whether there was any way to enforce an "obligation" to Pay It Forward (seems a non sequitor now as it did then), the differences between a contractual transaction for the sale of goods, and whatever the P-I-F is, and how gummed up the lists would get with different sorts of not-sales transactions.

Many thought a separate list was a good idea. Many thought I was an individual_without_enough_empathy.

I agree for the most part. My main concern was always about making sure people had a way to know about those type of people. Either way, Junk Donkey was born from that conversation and one of the best descriptors created. lol

Not sure, but in that thread he had a book listed for $280, which was taken.

Several hours later he said the price was a typo - should've been $380, but he was graciously reducing to $350 due to his error.

And just for good measure:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=8932829#Post8932829

Several hours later he said the price was a typo - should've been $380, but he was graciously reducing to $350 due to his error.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=8932829#Post8932829

i liked his WTB thread krap

I have 175 in paypal. Looking for the best copy I can find.

Bigs

If you aim to spend $175 on a Preacher #1..."the best copy you can find"....well now, I reckon you gonna be waitin' a long time there, pardner.

In all seriousness, best you can expect for that price is a raw (strictly graded) 8.5/9.0.

I sold a CGC 9.2 on eBay couple months back via BIN for $200+shipping......then saw another CGC 9.2 sell for $250 via BIN shortly afterwards..

Done got me a 9.8 Preacher 1 now, she done came back to me from Baltimore onsite grading/take home.In a big 'ole box with a buncha them there plastic slabs.

Ah yeah, now.

I'm surprised that I'll take it was not honored. Heck, or even debated.

I'm surprised that I'll take it was not honored. Heck, or even debated.

There were two prices for that book 280 and 380 so one of them was clearly a typo. It seem like the buyer just accepted his explanation or they took it to p.m. I'm not sure

It really isn't that hard to follow board selling rules and this guy has repeatedly broken them. It's either intentional or utter cluelessness/incompetence

Oh I'm pretty sure it's intentional. Just as I'm confident posting a link to a book you already graded yourself and listed on eBay in the PGM thread is nothing more than looking to increase interest. If you are comfortable enough to place grades on other peoples books within PGM and offer a pressing service I'm sure you are not genuinely looking for feedback on your own book.