• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

Unveiled then at some point this weekend. I suck on graphic design but have no problem maintaining it. Could someone create a banner and PM it to me?

Can I ask the point of this "locked points" thread idea? It has always been unintelligible to me.

But why, some say, the LTPC? Why choose this as our goal? And they may well ask why climb the highest mountain? Why, almost 90 years ago, fly the Atlantic? Why does Rice play Texas?

We choose the LTPC. We choose the LTPC in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard, because that goal will serve to organize and measure the best of our energies and skills, because that challenge is one that we are willing to accept, one we are unwilling to postpone, and one which we intend to win, and the others, too.

john-f-kennedy-moon-speech.jpg

I loved him in LTPC109

2) I know for a fact that Marvel's print run on variants has NOTHING to do with number ordered by diamond. I have no idea why he keeps thinking/pimping that idea. I've seen 3 "Major" ASM variants that are over produced and just laying around. In some cases they are offered to diamond dealers, in some cases it is made available to employees for sale.

This is, and has been, common knowledge for well over a decade. In fact, it's never been other than this situation, as far as Marvel is concerned. I have tried for many years here to correct this "print run is tied to amount ordered" misconception, but people still want to believe "welp....71,982 copies ordered through Diamond, that means a 1:100 variant only had 720 copies printed."

It's patently false, but some folks around here just refuse to be corrected on it.

Then, when you DO correct them, you're 1. the bad guy; 2. ignored and then the same damn misinformation is repeated again by the same people somewhere down the line.

Facts are like kryptonite to these people.

Perhaps Jaydog and others like him want to keep pimping this misinformation because they're invested in these books, and don't want to see their "investment" suffer.

They've been corrected over and over and over again, by multiple people, and yet....same old same old. And worse, skewing the discussion with silly, irrelevant hyperbole, like "well, I guess when these WAREHOUSES filled with ASM #667 Dell'otto show up, then I'll be concerned", when no one says anything like that.

It's very taxing.

2) I know for a fact that Marvel's print run on variants has NOTHING to do with number ordered by diamond. I have no idea why he keeps thinking/pimping that idea. I've seen 3 "Major" ASM variants that are over produced and just laying around. In some cases they are offered to diamond dealers, in some cases it is made available to employees for sale.

This is, and has been, common knowledge for well over a decade. In fact, it's never been other than this situation, as far as Marvel is concerned. I have tried for many years here to correct this "print run is tied to amount ordered" misconception, but people still want to believe "welp....71,982 copies ordered through Diamond, that means a 1:100 variant only had 720 copies printed."

It's patently false, but some folks around here just refuse to be corrected on it.

Then, when you DO correct them, you're 1. the bad guy; 2. ignored and then the same damn misinformation is repeated again by the same people somewhere down the line.

Facts are like kryptonite to these people.

Perhaps Jaydog and others like him want to keep pimping this misinformation because they're invested in these books, and don't want to see their "investment" suffer.

They've been corrected over and over and over again, by multiple people, and yet....same old same old. And worse, skewing the discussion with silly, irrelevant hyperbole, like "well, I guess when these WAREHOUSES filled with ASM #667 Dell'otto show up, then I'll be concerned", when no one says anything like that.

It's very taxing.

Did you know they owe me pernts?

If this goes up and running all points will be awarded moving forward from the inception of the point tally games initiation. No retroactive points will be awarded.

If this goes up and running all points will be awarded moving forward from the inception of the point tally games initiation. No retroactive points will be awarded.

You are not the Daddy of the LTPC. New or otherwise. Don't you forget it.