• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

Why wasn't he put on the probation list? All these nice people who fail to send out promised gifts should be on the list. I remember there was an issue with JOP and he corrected it, so should the others. If they are not noted somewhere how will we remember to not let them participate the next time?

and... :makepoint: stop that;)

There was a movement at one point to have the holiday/raffle put on the list but others felt that those types of events didn't coincide with the Probation/HOS rules etc so shouldn't be there and someone can start a new list if they felt inclined. Notions of the PIF/Giving threads were also brought up (guys that claimed items, received them and never sent their promised items). I think that was 2 years ago when there was a huge number of individuals that received but never sent that year.

Iceman is right on from what I can remember. Someone tried to nominate Bathedinflames for claiming and receiving his PIF but refusing and laughing about not sending out his item. That is where the Junk Donkey name was coined, though surprisingly it was for the nominator and not so much the nominee. PIF was told to keep their Junk Donkey problems in their own thread. The counter argument was that if you will lie and cheat someone in a giving thread, what makes one think they would hesitate in a sales thread.

lol

There was a lot of discussion about the nature of the P-I-F, whether there was any way to enforce an "obligation" to Pay It Forward (seems a non sequitor now as it did then), the differences between a contractual transaction for the sale of goods, and whatever the P-I-F is, and how gummed up the lists would get with different sorts of not-sales transactions.

Many thought a separate list was a good idea. Many thought I was an individual_without_enough_empathy.

lol

I like the separate list idea.

And now that we have a "Personal announcements and topics" subforum, maybe that would be a good place for a list of non-transactional community offenders.

PIF and the Giving Tree should go there

I'm not for sure those are personal announcements. If so what about the "out of context" thread and oddballs like that?

That sales thread was a mess from the start

Book were posted with no prices

Then only half had prices etc

were there any 9.9s in there? I don't remember

For someone who spends so much time bloviating about his selling prowess on eBay and other venues, his selling threads always seem to be a cluster-*spoon*

I've always felt that those who have to take the time to crow about their selling power are no where near as great as they think. The real great sellers don't have to say a thing, just offer their items and thats it.

i believe the adjective you are looking for is divadian.

The ones with the church down in Waco?

I'm glad to know I wasn't the only one who's mind went there.

That sales thread was a mess from the start

Book were posted with no prices

Then only half had prices etc

were there any 9.9s in there? I don't remember

For someone who spends so much time bloviating about his selling prowess on eBay and other venues, his selling threads always seem to be a cluster-*spoon*

I've always felt that those who have to take the time to crow about their selling power are no where near as great as they think. The real great sellers don't have to say a thing, just offer their items and thats it.

i believe the adjective you are looking for is divadian.

:roflmao:

Let's hope not. :)

The completely innocent "congratulations" posts have already begun.

Next comes:

"What a steal! PM sent!"

And

"OH MAN!!! I woulda paid more!!! LET ME KNOW IF THE DEAL FALLS THROUGH!!"

Next comes:

"What a steal! PM sent!"

And

I don't see the problem with that but apparently it ruffles feathers.

Next comes:

"What a steal! PM sent!"

And

I guess people see it as an invitation for the seller to seek a better offer than has already been accepted. Trying to slip in front of the buyer by waving money around.

I don't read it that way, but a more cynical (or less naive perhaps) person might.

Next comes:

"What a steal! PM sent!"

And

lol

Next comes:

"What a steal! PM sent!"

And

I guess people see it as an invitation for the seller to seek a better offer than has already been accepted. Trying to slip in front of the buyer by waving money around.

I don't read it that way, but a more cynical (or less naive perhaps) person might.

It's a classless move.

Someone sells something and then a crowd forms and starts spouting out about 'wow, that was freaking really good deal!' or 'wow that went cheap!'.

To me it's like rubbing the seller's nose in the fact that he left too much money on the table.