• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

Comeaux sales thread went poof

The book sold though, didn't it? Poofing a sales thread with a completed sale in it seems like a bad idea in case the buyer ends up having a problem with some aspect of the sale. Better to lock it, I think, and keep it around as a public record of the sale.

The book sold though, didn't it? Poofing a sales thread with a completed sale in it seems like a bad idea in case the buyer ends up having a problem with some aspect of the sale. Better to lock it, I think, and keep it around as a public record of the sale.

+1

+1

+2 wasn't it already scrubbed? (shrug)

From the same sales thread

This is old slab goodness and not one of the new TurdSlab™… this slab is in perfect condition and there are no cracks, “newton effects”, waves, microchamber outlines or other anomalies.

Feel free to “derail” this thread at anytime but I don’t break the rules and sell here and Ebay at the same time. If derailed I won’t cry about it. lol

This book is a CGC 2.0 and that’s all it is, I’m not going to fluff it up and say “I thought it should be a 2.5 or this should be a 3.0” It’s a CGC 2.0 and that’s it. Those who try to pump their book by saying it’s a 9.4 but should be a 9.6 so I call it a 9.5” are disgusting snake oil salesmen and in the same group as johnbumschmidtnet who are all about selling TurdSlabs™ to the masses regardless of condition because CoolBooks and money.

not sure if insulting the company that is providing a free service for you to sell your books at no cost to you is such a great idea. I get that you aren't happy with the new slabs but really turdslab?

Also insulting 3 board members in the same post, wowsers

I guess I need to update my sales rules to on Greggy while I make money

Hector, I agree completely. Our hosts do a lot of live and let live on their own company site. This is remarkable in an age of hyper corporate conformity and group think.

I try to imagine other big businesses running an open website on these terms for any other product and its hard to come up with examples that would compare.

You guys need to re-read this and Roy's sales threads. There is not so subtle shade being directed at Roy (NOT CGC) for selling a book that was also listed on Ebay.

And can we talk about the grade A person_too_unaware_of_social_graces comment made by Columbia Comics in Roy's sales thread? Despicable.

I had a buddy notify me about this conversation.

I don't understand why some people get their knickers in a twist by the most innocuous things but here I am defending myself again.

I always thought Comeaux and I were cool with each other but maybe I rubbed him the wrong way at some point. My apologies if I did.

It's a Holiday weekend up here in Canada and I've been busy all weekend, but something came up and I decided to quickly put the books up for sale on a whim while I had a moment.

I had the books listed on Facebook as well as on eBay but I completely forgot that I had them on eBay and after editing Facebook to accommodate the chat forum rules. It was an honest mistake, which sometimes happens. It's a busy life and I have 6 teenage kids, coach two soccer teams, etc, etc.

Apologies if anyone was offended by my double listing the books.

I listed the Hulk #181 CGC 9.4 as a CGC 9.4 that I thought was a 9.5 looking book. the guy I bought the book from (Foolkiller) also thought it had a shot at 9.6.

So either two transparent, reputable, long term board members who know how to grade and have a lot to offer to this chat forum are fibbing or we really both believe it's a very nice 9.4 comic with a shot at 9.6.

If you talk to CGC graders, even they will use the term '9.5' or whatever mid grade you are talking about, because the reality is that some books are actually nice for the grade.

This brings us round to the point that even CGC grading is subjective and on any given day a good looking book that receives a given grade one day could upgrade on another day.

Anyhow, regardless of who someone has an issue with, I just wish if someone had a problem they'd go to the person directly to clear it up before making some sort of big debacle out of it as that is the way most problems are amicably resolved.

What if I NEED some snake oil...... where the hell am I going to go now (shrug) GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Just to be a complete pedant, ive always been fascinated with the term snake oil salesman. Clark Stanley, the man prosecuted by the government and who gave rise to the term, sold "Snake oil". The interesting thing is, it worked. He was not sued over it not working, he was sued because his concoction (which contained a bunch of capsaicin) was not snake oil. So it did verifiably work. It just wasn't what he called it. Always fascinated by that.

#threadderail

What if I NEED some snake oil...... where the hell am I going to go now (shrug) GOD BLESS....

Just to be a complete pedant, ive always been fascinated with the term snake oil salesman. Clark Stanley, the man prosecuted by the government and who gave rise to the term, sold "Snake oil". The interesting thing is, it worked. He was not sued over it not working, he was sued because his concoction (which contained a bunch of capsaicin) was not snake oil. So it did verifiably work. It just wasn't what he called it. Always fascinated by that.

#threadderail

...there were vast swaths of coolness in yon bygone days :preach: GOD BLESS....

..... thanks, by the way, I didn't know that.....

#threadderail

That is interesting. I too have wondered about the etymology of that phrase (though I've been too lazy to actually look it up). I give your post a 9.5 with a chance at a 9.6.

Just to be a complete pedant, ive always been fascinated with the term snake oil salesman.

Ever read " The Triumph of Politics " by David A. Stockman. The term is used quite a bit.

From the same sales thread

This is old slab goodness and not one of the new TurdSlab this slab is in perfect condition and there are no cracks, newton effects, waves, microchamber outlines or other anomalies.

Feel free to derail this thread at anytime but I dont break the rules and sell here and Ebay at the same time. If derailed I wont cry about it. lol

This book is a CGC 2.0 and thats all it is, Im not going to fluff it up and say I thought it should be a 2.5 or this should be a 3.0 Its a CGC 2.0 and thats it. Those who try to pump their book by saying its a 9.4 but should be a 9.6 so I call it a 9.5 are disgusting snake oil salesmen and in the same group as johnbumschmidtnet who are all about selling TurdSlabs to the masses regardless of condition because CoolBooks and money.

not sure if insulting the company that is providing a free service for you to sell your books at no cost to you is such a great idea. I get that you aren't happy with the new slabs but really turdslab?

Also insulting 3 board members in the same post, wowsers

I guess I need to update my sales rules to on Greggy while I make money

Hector, I agree completely. Our hosts do a lot of live and let live on their own company site. This is remarkable in an age of hyper corporate conformity and group think.

I try to imagine other big businesses running an open website on these terms for any other product and its hard to come up with examples that would compare.

You guys need to re-read this and Roy's sales threads. There is not so subtle shade being directed at Roy (NOT CGC) for selling a book that was also listed on Ebay.

And can we talk about the grade A person_too_unaware_of_social_graces comment made by Columbia Comics in Roy's sales thread? Despicable.

I had a buddy notify me about this conversation.

I don't understand why some people get their knickers in a twist by the most innocuous things but here I am defending myself again.

I always thought Comeaux and I were cool with each other but maybe I rubbed him the wrong way at some point. My apologies if I did.

It's a Holiday weekend up here in Canada and I've been busy all weekend, but something came up and I decided to quickly put the books up for sale on a whim while I had a moment.

I had the books listed on Facebook as well as on eBay but I completely forgot that I had them on eBay and after editing Facebook to accommodate the chat forum rules. It was an honest mistake, which sometimes happens. It's a busy life and I have 6 teenage kids, coach two soccer teams, etc, etc.

Apologies if anyone was offended by my double listing the books.

I listed the Hulk #181 CGC 9.4 as a CGC 9.4 that I thought was a 9.5 looking book. the guy I bought the book from (Foolkiller) also thought it had a shot at 9.6.

So either two transparent, reputable, long term board members who know how to grade and have a lot to offer to this chat forum are fibbing or we really both believe it's a very nice 9.4 comic with a shot at 9.6.

If you talk to CGC graders, even they will use the term '9.5' or whatever mid grade you are talking about, because the reality is that some books are actually nice for the grade.

This brings us round to the point that even CGC grading is subjective and on any given day a good looking book that receives a given grade one day could upgrade on another day.

Anyhow, regardless of who someone has an issue with, I just wish if someone had a problem they'd go to the person directly to clear it up before making some sort of big debacle out of it as that is the way most problems are amicably resolved.

The "between" grades are coming. It's only a matter of time, now. I don't understand the resistance, and no one's willing to explain it, but it's coming.

Will I get credit for saying it the earliest, loudest, and most often...?

:D

The "between" grades are coming. It's only a matter of time, now. I don't understand the resistance, and no one's willing to explain it, but it's coming.

Will I get credit for saying it the earliest, loudest, and most often...?

:D

Maybe. lol

People don't like change, but it makes sense. It's happened in coins.

Since I don’t typically visit this area of the boards I was unaware of this conversation regarding my sales thread comments until I was notified. Oddly the thread was removed but the comments are allowed here … that doesn’t make much sense? I’m not sure why mods would remove a sales thread after a transaction has been made instead of just deleting comments they feel are not appropriate. The thread serves as a record for both buyer and seller and fortunately on the few books I have sold here, buyers have never had an issue and never will. Furthermore … all of the books that I have sold on these boards were purchased from boardies.

While not specifically mentioning Roy’s name in my sales thread, some of the comments were construed as directed at Roy and for those comments I do apologize. Roy is an upstanding member of this community, a well respected seller of high grade books and an asset the comic collecting hobby.

And they probably poofed the whole thing because the comments about CGC were in the first post.

also another reason why the thread was removed was due to the back and forth between Mark1 and Columbia Comics so take up that issue with them

The thread was probably poofed because it had a lot of things going on it that had nothing to do with the selling of Roy's books.

also another reason why the thread was removed was due to the back and forth between Mark1 and Columbia Comics so take up that issue with them

You just jealous Bc no one offered you a full fledge man hug

Nice to see you come in with hat in hand offering up a mea culpa.

I guess maybe I have not been going into many for sale threads unless it really is something I need/want, but good grief there are tons of sellers wanting to pass the 3% on in here now. Guess that is becoming the norm.