• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

Second board transaction down the drain. I think I am done purchasing from here. The sellers are just too greedy for the sale and not looking at the actual transaction any more. This isn't the same warm and fuzzy place where it felt like you were exchanging comics. I miss comic corral a lot.

I've noticed That many sellers, esp new sellers, are adding the 3% to the price.

That's well and good and they're welcome to do so but they will lose my business and I know many others on here feel the same way

The PayPal fee is the cost of doing business. You wanna pass that along, bake it into the price. Adding another fee is a slap in the face IMO.

And, apparently, a violation of PP's TOS.

Agree, I see several high ticket items I am in the market for and see the add 3% and move right along.

Second board transaction down the drain. I think I am done purchasing from here. The sellers are just too greedy for the sale and not looking at the actual transaction any more. This isn't the same warm and fuzzy place where it felt like you were exchanging comics. I miss comic corral a lot.

Details? hm

Hmmm. Someone just not happy with your offer price or did they back out of a agreed upon deal?

I think we also need to keep perspective that a lot of FB Dbags have wandered in as well.

Once they realize there aren't any suckers, they'll move on eventually

I used to offer free shipping, but you never seem to come out ahead with that customer friendly policy. In future if I list I'll go back to adding reasonable shipping costs w/combined savings etc.

I'll also probably add back the old policy of 3 per cent discount for payment w check since that's a customer friendly offer of a discount that doesn't help the seller at all.

I get why some buyers might click out feeling they aren't on an even playing field with other bidders, but I think most will appreciate the option to save a few bucks or won't care.

It has nothing to do with a level playing field. There's no cost to sell here yet some sellers aren't willing to eat the 3% paypal charge. I get that everyone wants as much as possible but I avoid those sellers.

Thank you for clarifying. My reply was talking to someone about ebay transaction, not CGC board transactions here (so if all sellers don't charge the 3% surcharge then bidders might fell at disadvantage to those paying cash).

In general, the tax on credit card tranactions (3 % pay pal fee) seems reasonable if you are getting higher bids because people can charge stuff, at least that was the calculation I made a decade ago when it last mattered to me. But back then I offered discount for ebay winners who paid by check. I'm getting back into selling now, so it matters again, and the current prevailing attitude of bidders is always relevant - glad to see so many people with strongly held opinions about it.

Someone's got something to say

Daredevil #1 CGC 2.0 Off White-White Pages

I will take it... thanks :takeit:

^^

Thanks very much Roger !!!

Also thanks to team derail for recognizing that I know how to follow the rules so there was no need to alert my sales thread. (thumbs u

It's very simple guys, follow the rules and don't hype your books more than what they are.

Also one of the TeamCGCTM boardies claimed "life is good, beer is cold" after unloading Slabturds on the masses. Well I can say that life is awesome, beer is cold but I'm selling good books, not Slabturds at good prices (thumbs u

Thanks again Roger !!!

From the same sales thread

This is old slab goodness and not one of the new TurdSlab™… this slab is in perfect condition and there are no cracks, “newton effects”, waves, microchamber outlines or other anomalies.

Feel free to “derail” this thread at anytime but I don’t break the rules and sell here and Ebay at the same time. If derailed I won’t cry about it. lol

This book is a CGC 2.0 and that’s all it is, I’m not going to fluff it up and say “I thought it should be a 2.5 or this should be a 3.0” It’s a CGC 2.0 and that’s it. Those who try to pump their book by saying it’s a 9.4 but should be a 9.6 so I call it a 9.5” are disgusting snake oil salesmen and in the same group as johnbumschmidtnet who are all about selling TurdSlabs™ to the masses regardless of condition because CoolBooks and money.

not sure if insulting the company that is providing a free service for you to sell your books at no cost to you is such a great idea. I get that you aren't happy with the new slabs but really turdslab?

Also insulting 3 board members in the same post, wowsers

I guess I need to update my sales rules to on Greggy while I make money

This is old slab goodness and not one of the new TurdSlab™… this slab is in perfect condition and there are no cracks, “newton effects”, waves, microchamber outlines or other anomalies.

Feel free to “derail” this thread at anytime but I don’t break the rules and sell here and Ebay at the same time. If derailed I won’t cry about it. lol

This book is a CGC 2.0 and that’s all it is, I’m not going to fluff it up and say “I thought it should be a 2.5 or this should be a 3.0” It’s a CGC 2.0 and that’s it. Those who try to pump their book by saying it’s a 9.4 but should be a 9.6 so I call it a 9.5” are disgusting snake oil salesmen and in the same group as johnbumschmidtnet who are all about selling TurdSlabs™ to the masses regardless of condition because CoolBooks and money.

not sure if insulting the company that is providing a free service for you to sell your books at no cost to you is such a great idea. I get that you aren't happy with the new slabs but really turdslab?

Hector, I agree completely. Our hosts do a lot of live and let live on their own company site. This is remarkable in an age of hyper corporate conformity and group think.

I try to imagine other big businesses running an open website on these terms for any other product and its hard to come up with examples that would compare.

Hector, I agree completely. Our hosts do a lot of live and let live on their own company site. This is remarkable in an age of hyper corporate conformity and group think.

I try to imagine other big businesses running an open website on these terms for any other product and its hard to come up with examples that would compare.

You guys need to re-read this and Roy's sales threads. There is not so subtle shade being directed at Roy (NOT CGC) for selling a book that was also listed on Ebay.

And can we talk about the grade A person_too_unaware_of_social_graces comment made by Columbia Comics in Roy's sales thread? Despicable.

And can we talk about the grade A person_too_unaware_of_social_graces comment made by Columbia Comics in Roy's sales thread? Despicable.

At one point, he claimed that he was trying to be better. I guess we now know that was a load of excrement

At one point, he claimed that he was trying to be better. I guess we now know that was a load of excrement

Or maybe he just did not manage to attain that so far… :)

I think the eBay comment, even if not implied as "threadcrapping" was superfluous, simply because of the degree all know Roy, and his integrity. At least he should be spared such kind of comments.

I saw that comment and thought that was over the line, especially if what was said is actually true. No need to ever kick a person when they are down.