• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

He brought it up, here, in this place, for what reason?

Is there anyone here who considers themselves actually close to Chip? Is there anyone here who has actually met Chip for no other reason than to grab a coffee and gab an afternoon away?

I have an extremely hard time believing this is the only place he would reach out in such a way, as if there is no other place to state something like this.

It doesn't add up.

FB?

I had a long talk with April tonight. She reminded me that she always tried to get me to come around to some sort of normal reasoning as I was screwing everything up, but I wouldn't listen. Multiple times.

I haven't seen my daughter in a long while now and won't see her again until late next week.

After our conversation the only thing I could think of is that the stupid thing about killing yourself is that no one thinks you'll do it until it's too late. Then you're gone.

If anyone knows his addy might be worth a call to the local authorities to go check up on him.

Have no idea if he's serious or looking for sympathy.

Unfortunately, it's not something you gamble with.

There's no shame in reaching out for help when emotionally overwhelmed.

general post - not replying to the last person in the thread

Unless you have experience with a situation like this, i suggest you keep your opinions to yourself. if you can't offer help in a situation and are going to escalate by calling names etc, i would advise against that. not the time or place

I want the three of us to be a family again. There's no hope for that, and that's not a life I want to live.

Ok I will say something now.

Chip, if there is even a remote chance that you feel that you are going to do harm to yourself or others you need to step back and take a breath and reach out for help. I do not know your address, I do not know specifics of your location, but make no mistake, when you talk like this, someone that DOES have this information readily available is going to call some type of service to reach out and check in on you.

You don't just throw a statement like that around. You have a daughter that does not need to grow up and wonder why her father did not love her enough to check out early rather than share her life with her. Maybe you will not be able to afford her luxuries that you want but a girl wants her daddy in her life. Shame on you for even saying something like this.

I have held my tongue on a number of things... but this is going too far.

I want the three of us to be a family again. There's no hope for that, and that's not a life I want to live.

Ok I will say something now.

Chip, if there is even a remote chance that you feel that you are going to do harm to yourself or others you need to step back and take a breath and reach out for help. I do not know your address, I do not know specifics of your location, but make no mistake, when you talk like this, someone that DOES have this information readily available is going to call some type of service to reach out and check in on you.

You don't just throw a statement like that around. You have a daughter that does not need to grow up and wonder why her father did not love her enough to check out early rather than share her life with her. Maybe you will not be able to afford her luxuries that you want but a girl wants her daddy in her life. Shame on you for even saying something like this.

I have held my tongue on a number of things... but this is going too far.

I rarely say it, but behold the power of the internet age. Everything you say and do, the world has the potential see.

Kudos to whomever reached out (thumbs u

You will stand a good chance to lose visitation speaking like this. Smarten up Cataldo.

Exactly

I remember seeing a documentary about people who jumped off the Golden Gate Bridge to end their life. One of the guys that was filmed jumping off ended up surviving. When he was interviewed, he said something along the lines of "While I was in the air, I realized all the problems I had were not that big of a deal after all."

No matter how hard it gets or what you think you can't handle, it's never too much to overcome.

I remember seeing a documentary about people who jumped off the Golden Gate Bridge to end their life. One of the guys that was filmed jumping off ended up surviving. When he was interviewed, he said something along the lines of "While I was in the air, I realized all the problems I had were not that big of a deal after all."

No matter how hard it gets or what you think you can't handle, it's never too much to overcome.

Oh sheet... that documentary was for real.

The Bridge...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Bridge_(2006_documentary_film)

Oh sheet... that documentary was for real.

The Bridge...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Bridge_(2006_documentary_film)

Yep! That's it. I couldn't remember the title.

Blocking people or unblocking has nothing to do with maturity. I have like 2-3 people on ignore and I'm better off for it.

Oh well, that’s debatable. :)

::toggle::

Funny you should mention it...

Do you actually have what I consider one of the nicest boardies on the chat forum on ignore?

No, I do not have Greggy on ignore.

Blocking people or unblocking has nothing to do with maturity. I have like 2-3 people on ignore and I'm better off for it.

Do you actually have what I consider one of the nicest boardies on the chat forum on ignore?

No, I do not have Greggy Hector on ignore.

FTFY

FTFY

I toggle you every night

FTFY

I toggle you every night

You can't quit him.