• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

Pretty much agree with all of the sideline life coaching advice going on in this thread. We probably all do. Of course he should have done better. I think that's sort of obvious.

The real question in my mind is when is someone not deserving of help? What act makes someone a fool for giving a helping hand? Considering I don't know the guy from Adam, it wasn't a major life decision for me to try to help in some small way, buy many in these various threads seem pretty adamant on the sink or swim philosophy.

Pretty much agree with all of the sideline life coaching advice going on in this thread. We probably all do. Of course he should have done better. I think that's sort of obvious.

The real question in my mind is when is someone not deserving of help? What act makes someone a fool for giving a helping hand? Considering I don't know the guy from Adam, it wasn't a major life decision for me to try to help in some small way, buy many in these various threads seem pretty adamant on the sink or swim philosophy.

Was off the boards most of the day since I have a kind of big project at work. Here's my take. The big question is if getting the money or not getting the money will help him more. I think most of us here want Chip to turn his life around. Most of the debate is over what will help him more.

Nah, he called out super secret mod Flying Donut. Don't pull on Superman's cape.

I should unblock him so I can see that hilarity.

Actually I should mature a bit and not have to block people

Blocking people or unblocking has nothing to do with maturity. I have like 2-3 people on ignore and I'm better off for it.

A lot of people with strong opinions to let him sink are ones that have been here a long long time and seen his shenanigans first hand.

I tend to believe they know what they are talking about, and insofar as I've ever seen, none of these people have malice in their heart.

Which is located in the middle compartment of the mediastinum in the chest.

Nah, he called out super secret mod Flying Donut. Don't pull on Superman's cape.

Blocking people or unblocking has nothing to do with maturity. I have like 2-3 people on ignore and I'm better off for it.

:(

I tend to believe they know what they are talking about, and insofar as I've ever seen, none of these people have malice in their heart.

Now, it‘s really amazing the number of people able to clearly read hearts here… Omigosh!

I don't agree. I should be able to not let things upset me by simply reading them. They have no effect on who I am or how I think.

Maybe I should try Kolinahr

It's a lot of things. Most of them boil down to being honest with themselves and being honest with the people they have come to plead for help.

When don't they deserve a helping hand?

When they can't give a straight answer when you ask them what they need the money for and how they will use it.

When they make it sound like they need $15k to avoid total disaster and the loss of everything they own and it's really more like $3k.

When they've been advised for years to change their lifestyle, lower their expenses, take any job they can to get a steady income, and decided to follow the same path that got them into trouble in the first place.

Those are demonstrations of defiance and failure to recognize self destruction. Worse it's a failure to appreciate the sacrifices they are asking of others by being less than 100% honest and transparent from the first moment they choose to take charity. If they can't repay charity with honesty then they don't deserve it.

Now, it‘s really amazing the number of people able to clearly read hearts here… Omigosh!

lol This is why I always reference to where the human heart is located ;)

I don't agree. I should be able to not let things upset me by simply reading them. They have no effect on who I am or how I think.

Maybe I should try Kolinahr

I'm sure there are or were people who annoy you at work? Would you go out of your way to hang out with them during your free time? Probably not...similar concept.

All I can say is I'm glad the six-million dollar man didn't start a thread asking for repair money....only to find out that he's blowing the $ on fembots and coke. I'm sure Oscar and Rudy would be pretty pissed off.

Oh well, that’s debatable. :)

::toggle::

Funny you should mention it...