• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

So, what we have is just your basic CC-to-boards flip. :cloud9:

That is a time honored and proven business model.

I think I once made $15 bucks doing it :cloud9:

Will you drop ship for me?

Sounds right, give or take 7200 quatloos or so.

I just found a NY dealer flipping on ebay (ebay to ebay) a couple of books I sold to him in early June - minor keys Dr. Strange 169 and Ms. Marvel 1. Guess ebay makes out best from this e.g., but the fellow might see higher sale price than my less-viewed listings, or simply want a few minor keys as 'click-bait'.

Sorta flattering I guess, selling to a dealer. ; )

my sale:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/182160688850?ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1561.l2649

his sale ending tonight (different user ID):

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MARVEL-COMICS-MS-MARVEL-1-1977-KEY-1st-APPEARANCE-CAROL-DANVERS-HIGH-GRADE-/252444759563?hash=item3ac6e1560b:g:d9EAAOSwvg9XdWIS

my sale:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/182160696621?ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1561.l2649

his:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MARVEL-COMICS-DOCTOR-STRANGE-169-1968-SOLID-COPY-KEY-ORIGIN-DR-STRANGE-RE-TOLD-/252444654175?hash=item3ac6dfba5f:g:FqMAAOSwXeJXdUvD

The Ms. Marvel's do not look like the same book. The white spine does not look like yours. And there appears to be a crunch in the bar code that does not show on your image. The Dr. Strange's do look identical though.

You're so right, he bought them together and I didn't check closely enough, was focused on what's apparently a common bit of ink from rollers (I think) in the price/logo box under "Fights" and left of "CC" and just clicked back to see if any of the CM lot he also won was for sale yet.

I *thought* the spine on his tonight's copy looked a lot worse than one I sold him, but I completely missed the obvious white stripe. D'oh!

Anyway, he got a higher winning bid for the Doc 169 than he paid me and ebay for it, so he's doing something right.

That is a time honored and proven business model.

I think I once made $15 bucks doing it :cloud9:

Will you drop ship for me?

lol good memory :)

That's not the same book. Unless it has been reslabbed. But the corner looks different. (Edit: No, it's definitely not the same book. Staples are not in the same place.)

Yeah, it's not the same book.

I was going off of the earlier posts by PJK, MetalPSI and yourself.

My mistake for only looking at the grade on the label and taking the say of a few boardies with high post counts, instead of looking closer at the two scans. :tonofbricks:;)

All I did was post a link, you sloven miscreant. Perhaps you could take account for your own inaccuracies, person lacking cerebral functions.

Thanks for the slap

That's not the same book. Unless it has been reslabbed. But the corner looks different. (Edit: No, it's definitely not the same book. Staples are not in the same place.)

My mistake for only looking at the grade on the label and taking the say of a few boardies with high post counts, instead of looking closer at the two scans. :tonofbricks:;)

All I did was post a link, you sloven miscreant. Perhaps you could take account for your own inaccuracies, person lacking cerebral functions.

Thanks for the slap

Also good are "you insolent pup" or "you slobbering dolt". Imo nothing beats Dr. Victor von Doom's Guide to Imperious Put Downs Its an indispensable tool but sadly long out of print.

Thanks for the slap

Also good are "you insolent pup" or "you slobbering dolt". Imo nothing beats Dr. Victor von Doom's Guide to Imperious Put Downs Its an indispensable tool but sadly long out of print.

hm You insolent pup is a good one, I think it might be a tad less aggressive than what I chose. Slobbering dolt might be too close to modern slang and be determined unfit for these boards.

I am googling your reference, sounds like an incredibly enjoyable read (thumbs u

hm You insolent pup is a good one, I think it might be a tad less aggressive than what I chose. Slobbering dolt might be too close to modern slang and be determined unfit for these boards.

I think this is pretty good

Ah, so you put your foot firmly in your mouth (again), but it's other people's fault. It also happens that some boardies that you so gracefully shifted the blame to happen to be the ones that call you on your constant b.s. and "stating opinion and speculation as fact" posting style. (thumbs u

Is paypal fee now 5%? I must have been sleeping as I thought it was 3%.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=9450602#Post9450602

I think it's 5% if you are in the US selling to someone in Canada...or at least it seems like it is, I don't pay enough attention.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=9450602#Post9450602

I think it's 5% if you are in the US selling to someone in Canada...or at least it seems like it is, I don't pay enough attention.

It's closer to 4%, but that's moot anyway since this seller seems to be in the US.

It's closer to 4%, but that's moot anyway since this seller seems to be in the US.

And ... he's violating his agreement with PP by charging anything.

Someone has the audacity to declare I have a vendetta

I made a deal last year with Bosco, he stated he was submitting what he thought was a solid 9.6 but could potentially be a 9.8 Predator #3. I decided to take him up on it, because I gave him the benefit of the doubt that he knew what he was talking about.He offered me pricing for a 9.8 or 9.6. He is claiming he also made pricing for a 9.4, which is what the book came back as. It's not true.

After putting half down for a 9.6, the book came back 9.4. There was no way I thought the price I put down was worth a 9.4. He disagreed, and after checking his demeanor, I decided I was out, that was that. I put him on my do not buy list.

I gave him positive feedback because he practically insisted (which comes to light now, I fully understand that it was his ploy. With all other transactions, he did not insist on feedback) Knowing I could not leave negative feedback, I just complied and wanted to get away. Red flags going off.

So here it is, a year later. Someone posts complaining about misgrading and overcharging, I send out a flippant comment stating how people shouldn't throw rocks when they live in a glass house, and Bosco decides he wont stand for that. Stupid as I am, I thought he would have taken it with grace and that would have been that. I even offered to resolve the situation in PM, but no, he couldn't have that either. It wasn't until he realized he didn't have a paddle that he suddenly wanted to resolve the situation in PM.

I was advised that continuing the discussion in that thread, it wasn't in the proper forum and to continue the discussion here.

He's lied, tried to defame me, and basically is being unpleasant. When I've brought this situation up previously, he pretty much threatened me, at least that is the gist of how I interpreted the encounter.

Vendetta Nick? No. I don't hold a grudge, I just don't forget who screws me over.

Looks like predator 3 sold for $25 in 9.4 and $56 in 9.6. Am I looking at the right book? Is this all about $3? Not judging or taking sides

Metal,

can I ask how much $$$ you sent him for the 9.6?

I paid $120, which was half the agreed price for a 9.6. That money was paypal to him once the agreement was made, before the books he was getting graded went to CGC