• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, NP_Gresham said:

Bingo

Bought some books from him and they must have been graded from the back of a galloping horse.

He invoiced me demanding immediate payment and PayPal - no fee.

Then after paying him right away (ignoring his no fee) he took 21 days before he shipped it.

Total time waster. 

SInce you're going to try and lie bud ill have to blow your spot up.  It was mailed 13 days after you made payment.  you payed me on the 26th and it was mailed on the 9th.  THe post office lost it or something happened on their end and I was there the whole time helping you try and find it.  Not 21 days like you said.  I guess the post office delaying it is my fault.  Also lets look at your last comment about how you're happy with the books but you're telling these people here that my grading is bad.  I guess im reading your own writing incorrectly.  Move on buddy, guess you need some friends so you're joining the angry mob against me.  Next time make sure to read your pm's first.

I also in the begining of the thread asked for a fee free method.  I again said in the pm that a money order would be fine.  Read pm #1.  Your memory is very poor sir, look at the proof.  I don't demand and I always ask people nicely.  My thread from the begining because of how im pricing the books and doing sales says I need a fee free method, don't need friends and family, a money order or cashiers check is always fine.

NP Grisham convo 4.PNG

NP Grisham convo 1.PNG

NP Grisham convo 2.PNG

NP Grisham convo 3.PNG

4 hours ago, Larryw7 said:

I don't even believe the kock and bull story that Solar Boy was robbed at gunpoint. I was very sympathetic in the beginning, but as he started to attack other boardies and the story started to become more and more outlandish, I knew then that I would never want to buy anything from him. And judging from his grading, I'm not missing much.

Lots of people on here know my grading is spot on.  I barely make mistakes, in a massive thread its bound to happen and I have a 100% money back guarantee.  Don't care if you ever buy from me but get your fax straight, scans or pics are not a book in hand.  Lots of people who keep buying from me can vouch for my grading. 

In regards to the robbery there is a member of this community who if he wants to speak up can, hes a police officer and when it happened he got involved and tried to help me.  I only got nasty in that thread because people started accusing me for being an insufficiently_thoughtful_person for bringing that much value in comics to meet someone.  That pissed me off and then i refused to give any more details, yes i have a temper I will not deny that.  But the story was true and I do not want to speak for the baordy who was involved and know my story is true.

I haven't got involved in this as it seems like there is a bit of escalation of tensions and not sure if my words help but figure why not add my thoughts.

One I have bought a couple 100 books from Solar and in general in my opinion his grading is average, perhaps overall I find his grading less then conservative then the average boardie. On the other hand he has been very aggressive in dropping prices, so I keep that in mind and don't bid on high end books if in doubt until I find the price appropriate.
 If you are concerned about the grade factor  ( I think a 1/2 -  1 pt disagreement) I advise don't purchase until the price matches your expectation, that is what I do. Again people grade differently and haven't felt ripped off based on what I payed.

On communication.. Overall he has been communicative and did explain the no fee deal, which I didn't catch since that was different then his normal sales threads. It was handled fine with me.  

Now I did suggest having a page number for the thread which seems may have gotten him upset, the answers to other boardies seemed a little rude. I guess I chalked his response up to being overworked on this deal.

I personally try not to be rude but everyone has their days so hopefully running a large thread won't make one permanently frazzled and defensive. Anyways my 2 cents, hopefully everyone can cool down but then again if not more entertainment.

7 minutes ago, SOLAR BOY said:

Lots of people on here know my grading is spot on.  I barely make mistakes, in a massive thread its bound to happen and I have a 100% money back guarantee.  Don't care if you ever buy from me but get your fax straight, scans or pics are not a book in hand.  Lots of people who keep buying from me can vouch for my grading.

But other people on the boards have great scans that show the approximate grade fine. Just from your scans, the books look grossly overgraded. 

As far as the robbery goes, I honestly don't know if it happened, but the thread about it became more suspicious as it progressed. I'm not the only one who felt that way.

I'll keep short, and I won't comment here further.

I've bought dozens of books from SB, and I'm comfortable with his grading and his shipping. I have no reason to think he's trying to scam anyone.

I think his sales threads are exciting. Yes he's a bit of a showman, and he does chat up his books in a way that makes them perhaps too tempting, but this is part of the fun. If you don't like his style, don't follow his thread. (It's not like he's cluttering up the rest of the boards.)

If you have concerns about a particular transaction with him, I would suggest that hurling insults in this thread is not an effective way to resolve them.

Edited by adampasz

18 minutes ago, adampasz said:

I'll keep short, and I won't comment here further.

I've bought dozens of books from SB, and I'm comfortable with his grading and his shipping. I have no reason to think he's trying to scam anyone.

I think his sales threads are exciting. Yes he's a bit of a showman, and he does chat up his books in a way that makes them perhaps too tempting, but this is part of the fun. If you don't like his style, don't follow his thread. (It's not like he's cluttering up the rest of the boards.)

If you have concerns about a particular transaction with him, I would suggest that hurling insults in this thread is not an effective way to resolve them.

Sorry @adampasz, I know you are fairly new and I'm finding a lot of the new people have not read the sales rules for the forum yet.

Tamir is absolutely charming and definitely a showperson. However, there are rules about bumping threads for a reason. It's not to be mean at all.

When you bump a thread, or you ask a friend to bump  your thread, it brings your thread to the top (which is great for you;) but not so great for the people posting underneath you.

If you are posting a book, it's fine. Even if you just add a book a day. But when you post to announce a time, don't show up at that time, but have people (who are clearly interested as you are in the books) posting to show they are there, so that you can show up...EACH time those people bump the thread, it shoves the other person down...

and while that might not be "cluttering" the rest of the boards, it's not exactly playing fairly  with others in the sales forum.

If he had his own sales forum just to himself, that would be fine, but we all kind of like to share;) 

1 hour ago, skypinkblu said:

Sorry @adampasz, I know you are fairly new and I'm finding a lot of the new people have not read the sales rules for the forum yet.

Tamir is absolutely charming and definitely a showperson. However, there are rules about bumping threads for a reason. It's not to be mean at all.

When you bump a thread, or you ask a friend to bump  your thread, it brings your thread to the top (which is great for you;) but not so great for the people posting underneath you.

If you are posting a book, it's fine. Even if you just add a book a day. But when you post to announce a time, don't show up at that time, but have people (who are clearly interested as you are in the books) posting to show they are there, so that you can show up...EACH time those people bump the thread, it shoves the other person down...

and while that might not be "cluttering" the rest of the boards, it's not exactly playing fairly  with others in the sales forum.

If he had his own sales forum just to himself, that would be fine, but we all kind of like to share;) 

That's all well and good. If we're not following the rules correctly, you all should set us straight.

I was responding to other comments I read above that seemed over-the-top, and not appropriate for a general discussion forum imho.

3 hours ago, SOLAR BOY said:

THe post office lost it or something happened on their end and I was there the whole time helping you try and find it.  Not 21 days like you said. 

Post marked Oct 17th. And Not one word from you about a problem until I told you the post mark.

Then you blame the PO.

Just not buying your bs.

21 hours ago, SOLAR BOY said:

There is a reason you and I don't like each other

hm

4 hours ago, SOLAR BOY said:

I focus on you because you have been really rude to me in the past.  Youre a sneaky person and you were rude to me

hm

17 minutes ago, NP_Gresham said:

Are you high?

It was post marked the 17th Oct. , I paid you the 26th of Sept.

Read what it says dumb-azz.

The grading is horrendous, you don't see me buying in the 'greatest thread of all time" do you?

I figure a few cheap books to see if you are worth the time, and then done with your garbage.

Of all the books I have purchased here I may have returned one. I just don't do it, but I remember well who can and can't grade and who makes the lame azz-excuses.

If you are going to run your mouth be prepared to get called on your bs.

This is my last response here because youre clearly a child.....Read this if you can read.  If what you said is true about my grading and howpoor it is why not bring it up once you received the book?  Or even a couple days later once you had a chance to go over them all, Ill do you a favor and highlight it in red.  ill make it easy for you....like the puzzle books you are probably us to.....you clearly say youre happy with the books.  Have a wonderful christmas and best of luck. 

NP_Gresham

Hi,

I got it today.  I am curious, it was sent on the 17th according to the post mark.  Were there problems I may not have been aware of?

Don't get me wrong, I got the books and I am very happy with the purchase, but there just seemed to be some delays.

Thank you for the books.

Bill