• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

What could possibly go wrong? 1ST post from a guy ever,  offing a book for 70% of current GPA BUT asks for the 3% PayPal fee... 

Wonder if it's a way to fish for someone to offer PayPal personal, and then disappear into the night...

1 minute ago, Edward Kimball said:

So, could someone please tell me how to "I'll take it?'emoji? when I want to buy a comic?

go to the smiley face on top of the bar. click it and a drop down of emoticons will appear. copy and paste.

Edited by DR.X

Just now, Edward Kimball said:

So, could someone please tell me how to "I'll take it?'emoji? when I want to buy a comic?

:takeit:

Just hit the smiley face on the top line, you will see the "take it" and hit that gremlin it will appear, or copy the take it here and paste it, OR write it out:) Good luck:)

14 hours ago, miraclemet said:

What could possibly go wrong? 1ST post from a guy ever,  offing a book for 70% of current GPA BUT asks for the 3% PayPal fee... 

Wonder if it's a way to fish for someone to offer PayPal personal, and then disappear into the night...

well the seller disappeaded after the buyer asked him to send another photo with an identifier and the  OP tried fo pass off some Photoshop  job with the same original picture (obviously swiped from somewhere).

im gusssing the seller at some point was gonna try to sway the buyer to some unprotected payment method...

remember, if its too good to be true, its probably not true...

Why do the mods disappear threads with someone trying to pull some scam rather than lock the thread & preserve some record of the poster's attempt to defraud someone?

I know it's nice to remove the clutter but maintaining some record of the user ID and any style, verbiage or pics used might give people some insight that helps them identify the scammer next time around...granting the scammer a clean slate to come back and start over seems less prudent than throwing these locked threads into a locked sub-forum at the bottom of the marketplace rather than the hidden "your posts removed" area where only the mods can see it.   (shrug) 

Edited by bababooey
wording corrected

6 hours ago, bababooey said:

Why do the mods disappear threads with someone trying to pull some scam rather than lock the thread & preserve some record of the poster's attempt to defraud someone?

I know it's nice to remove the clutter but maintaining some record of the user ID and any style, verbiage or pics used might give people some insight into helps them identify the scammer next time around...granting the scammer a clean slate to come back and start over seems less prudent than throwing these locked threads into a locked sub-forum at the bottom of the marketplace rather than the hidden "your posts removed" area where only the mods can see it.   (shrug) 

I agree.  @Architecht What say you?

8 hours ago, bababooey said:

I don't understand this nonsense either. This should be left to show how these scum bags try and throw a key book in here with no post count and try and get someone to bite. Sad part is, they get people to do it. It should be left for standard reading for newcomers and the unschooled on here. This is a pretty tight community and we need to protect it from these scam artists, or wanna be's.

Edited by DR.X

35 minutes ago, cgcmod8 said:

I locked the thread.  After I banned the scammer, his posts disappeared.  That's why the thread is no longer there.

Is a non-expiring strike an option to preserve the content from these scammers?   I'm assuming there is a spam-bot/stu "banned" option to wipe out all the posting history but if you guys had to ban someone with thousands of posts on here I'm assuming there's a way to ban the user and leave their content, if not some other user_status than "banned" needs to be used.

On 11/16/2017 at 10:27 PM, jsilverjanet said:

I’ve never seen a seller act like they are doing us the favor by selling here. WTF. 

Its funny you are bringing this in here when you don't know any context behind what happened or all the PM's I got in regards to everything.  There is a reason I posted what I posted.  You also Don't know that half of my jokes with Brian is because hes a very good friend of mine.  There is a reason you and I don't like each other but im glad things I do on a comic book posting site is giving you some enjoyment in life.  You seem bored, this site is your life and I get it. Glad I can give your life purpose Hector.