• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, DR.X said:
  1 hour ago, skypinkblu said:

Me too...:makepoint: and if you are not good, I'm going to go find the Dr of tough love;) 

All joking aside, some

4 minutes ago, DR.X said:

I just stuck my fingers down my throat and gagged.

That's not very useful, now i have to find a different kind of bad guy type Dr;)

Look, I know that this is just one tiny step forward, and I realize it may well all be show, but small steps sometimes work out and I'd rather be positive, I used all my negative points yesterday;)

If it's not really a change, I will speak up with the rest of you...(but maybe I won't do the name calling, or the ragging stuff;) I gave that up when I was...I don't think I ever was good at it;)

26 minutes ago, skypinkblu said:

That's not very useful, now i have to find a different kind of bad guy type Dr;)

Look, I know that this is just one tiny step forward, and I realize it may well all be show, but small steps sometimes work out and I'd rather be positive, I used all my negative points yesterday;)

If it's not really a change, I will speak up with the rest of you...(but maybe I won't do the name calling, or the ragging stuff;) I gave that up when I was...I don't think I ever was good at it;)

Here’s the thing, if he’d shown at any point during this or the last thread (robbed) any humility, or even some awareness of his approach to this community (negative) then I’d agree with you. Im a big believer in 2nd chances and I also can understand how sometimes the board and it’s members can be provoking, However time and time again his response to anything has been to take it personal, make it personal and disregard many members and their advice. 

31 minutes ago, skypinkblu said:

Do I make second pick?   hm  I'm  trying to picture Janet and Donna in a steel cage match.  Topless.  :kidaround:

2 minutes ago, comicdonna said:

Do I make second pick?   hm  I'm  trying to picture Janet and Donna in a steel cage match.  Topless.  :kidaround:

I've never met Hector or his wife, but I adore Donna and I wouldn't mess with her;)

I'm I'm quoting this in case I ever need to use it;) 

Have you told HER what you are picturing, lol;)?

1 minute ago, skypinkblu said:

I've never met Hector or his wife, but I adore Donna and I wouldn't mess with her;)

I'm I'm quoting this in case I ever need to use it;) 

Have you told HER what you are picturing, lol;)?

I whispered it, while looking in the opposite direction. 

14 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

Here’s the thing, if he’d shown at any point during this or the last thread (robbed) any humility, or even some awareness of his approach to this community (negative) then I’d agree with you. Im a big believer in 2nd chances and I also can understand how sometimes the board and it’s members can be provoking, However time and time again his response to anything has been to take it personal, make it personal and disregard many members and their advice. 

I'm not really sure I understand you here. As far as I can see, most of the comments/advice about the thread  came up fairly recently.  Changes can take some time, people don't often realize things in 5 minutes.  He's made one small step. I don't get the rush.

We can only see what happens now. You can't exactly claim there has been no change after one post....or at least I can't.

As far as whatever you two had between you, I know nothing of it, but perhaps that's what is making you think it's taking a long time. You had a prior issue. 

As someone mentioned before, LOTs of people show only one side of a book, ask for checks/wire transfers, diamonds in the rough (maybe not that one;) 

but people don't HAVE to shop in their threads. 

I'm sure others have other concerns, my concerns was his requesting personal pp, and the thread bumping.  

My comment about his grading was merely my opinion which I voiced to him before.  People may not like my grading. It's all opinion.

As of now, concerns people have, seem to be pretty much out in the open, whether people continue to buy is up to them.  If the books are bargains, I'm sure they will continue and maybe they'll be very happy, which is a good thing. 

That's their decision.

The bumping and the personal PP is a violation of board rules and they can be quantified. It's difficult to quantify grading. I'm not going to go back and forth here. 

Just trying to be fair...

and no @MustEatBrains I don't have the patience of a saint...(just the patience of a den mother;);)

It’s evident you haven’t read any of his responses to other board members in this thread or in his “books being stolen thread”

This isn’t just my opinion (see everyone else whose posted) and for the record I don’t know what his issue is with me nor do I care - since the motivation keeps changing  (he changes the story each time) 

I’m not going to comment anymore on this. You’ve taken my words (and only mine) and have made it seem like it’s me against him when clearly at least 10 other people have made similar or ruder comments but didn’t directly address those. 

I’m not trying to be rude so I hope you don’t take it that way, but it’s a little frustrating that I’ve had to explain myself a bit more than the person who actually is the problem. 

Edited by jsilverjanet

8 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

It’s evident you haven’t read any of his responses to other board members in this thread or in his “books being stolen thread”

This isn’t just my opinion (see everyone else whose posted) and for the record I don’t know what his issue is with me since the motivation keeps changing  (he changes the story each time) 

I’m not going to comment anymore on this. You’ve taken my words (and only mine) and have made it seem like it’s me against him when clearly at least 10 other people have made similar or ruder comments but didn’t directly address those. 

Yes, his responses have been very combative and many of us have similar feelings and reactions to them. 

To give Skypink credit, she's an excellent diplomat who sees that blowing everything up and alienating solarboy may not be as productive as seeing an encouraging any positive change.  

Just now, thehumantorch said:

Yes, his responses have been very combative and many of us have similar feelings and reactions to them. 

To give Skypink credit, she's an excellent diplomat who sees that blowing everything up and alienating solarboy may not be as productive as seeing an encouraging any positive change.  

I understand that she will look at it that way, and sometimes that’s great to have. I’ve often been on that side when it comes to other members. 

(thumbsu

18 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

This isn’t just my opinion (see everyone else whose posted) and for the record I don’t know what his issue is with me nor do I care - since the motivation keeps changing  (he changes the story each time) 

I’m not trying to be rude so I hope you don’t take it that way, but it’s a little frustrating that I’ve had to explain myself a bit more than the person who actually is the problem. 

I answered you, because you quoted me, that's the only reason.

I read everything. I was not happy when the person who tried to help him organized the thread was not thanked, but that was weeks ago. I said something then.  Good that we won't be going back and forth, so if I don't answer you, it's not that I'm ignoring you, just stopping because you think I'm  singling you out.  IF you missed it, I responded to Adam as well.