• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

Did someone just qualify a book with a cover crease??  You can Q a book for a staple pop or maybe a missing stamp but a cover crease really should be included in the grade.

What is with all the low post count members that can't follow sales guidelines posting books way above GPA?

Unless people start standing up to this garbage around here this place will be no better then a crappy facebook group.

Start demanding better, especially if you're dealing on a fee-free site.

BTW, this is in response to the person trying to sell Bone comics.

There is a post just below the post where the rules are that lets members know exactly how to handle sales threads that do not follow the guidelines for selling here on the boards.
Any member is allowed to post this in a sales thread that violates the guidelines.

It goes like this:

Hello!

Welcome to the "Comics Market - Forum Only Selling" board!
The moderators have asked everyone around here to help educate new comers about the posting rules for this forum so that we can keep things running smoothly. So whenever we see a new thread go up that's missing some of the information required by the rules, someone will generally happen along and post this reminder (by moderator request).

You can find the posting guidelines here:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1460472&page=1#Post1460472

Or view them in the spoilers below

Spoiler

The following guidelines are now in effect. Over some period of time these may be modified or expanded.

As of now, dealers are allowed to post here as long as all guidelines are respected.

Note that BUYERS AND SELLERS HAVE FULL RESPONSIBILITY FOR THEIR TRANSACTIONS. We will not resolve disputes, and purchases and sales are done at your own risk.

For Sale – Threads may be removed for failure to comply, and repeated issues could result in strikes.

1. Books must be CGC or raw only, or items directly related to comics.
  2. No spamming. Group your for sale items into as few threads as is reasonable. Attempts to take up front page real estate by creating multiple threads for no reason are not allowed.
  3. List your books only once, and in the appropriate sub-forum. Incorrectly placed threads or books posted in multiple places will be moved. Repeat offenders will have their threads pulled completely.
  4. It must be an exclusive board-only offer. If the book is offered for sale through another venue (ebay, dealer site, personal web site, etc.) then it should NOT be offered here. It should be offered in the Sales Advertising board.
  5. Links to outside sites for any purpose involving purchasing the offered books are not allowed.
  6. It must list specific books with purchase prices. It is acceptable to bulk price, and/or to note that package discounts may be available, but you must list a starting price that you WILL sell for.
  7. List scans or information about the grade of the offered books.
  8. List estimated shipping costs, times, and methods.
  9. List acceptable forms of payment (NOTE: Personal PayPal payment is NOT allowed as a listed option in your post as it is not appropriate for item purchases.)
  10. You cannot post in a way that violates the terms of service for your payment methods. (NOTE: Specifically, no surcharges for accepting PayPal, or discounts for other methods)
  11. A return policy must be stated with any time limits indicated. It is acceptable to say "No time limit" and/or "No returns" and/or have time limits that vary by reason for return e.g. "30 day return for any reason. No time limit returns for "not as described'". But time limits must be stated.
  12. If posting a trading thread you must list a dollar value price for the book that you WILL accept in TRADE VALUE, and you MUST put "TRADE ONLY" in the title of your thread if you will not accept money.
  13. Prompt responses must be made to buy requests made through the boards (posts or PMs).
  14. Threads may be bumped three times total AND only ONE FULL DAY AFTER falling off of the front page. This does not include "sold" notices, or truly useful informational updates. Note: we CAN tell the difference between a real update and a fake bump-update. Tread that line at your own risk. If you're spam bumping, "lawyering" the rules will not save you. ALSO HIDING YOUR POST AFTER BUMPING WILL NOT SAVE YOU. Yep, we can see that stuff.
  15. Threads selling digital codes or digital versions are not allowed.
  16. Raffles are not allowed.
  17. Mystery boxes are not allowed. You must list everything you are selling exactly as the buyer will receive it.

BUYERS - When you reply to a sale thread indicating that you'll buy something you must indicate what book you're buying. Otherwise, if someone else is more specific than you are first, your offer won't be considered valid.

Specifically, you should check out #s (FILL IN SOME NUMBERS HERE. OR DON'T. LET'S FACE IT DIGGING UP RULE NUMBERS IS ACTUALLY WORK.)

They are well worth reading, because your posts can be removed from the boards if they don't conform to the guidelines. This will help you to attract more buyers as well, since this is how people expect to have books offered around here.

Thanks, and glad to have you here!

2 hours ago, Red_Hood said:

What is with all the low post count members that can't follow sales guidelines posting books way above GPA?

Unless people start standing up to this garbage around here this place will be no better then a crappy facebook group.

Start demanding better, especially if you're dealing on a fee-free site.

BTW, this is in response to the person trying to sell Bone comics.

There is nothing in the sales guidelines that says you cannot post something for more than GPA, however if they violate another rule, you should post the warning that @DeadOne just posted and let the mods know. If they don't comply, the thread will be removed.

1 hour ago, skypinkblu said:

There is nothing in the sales guidelines that says you cannot post something for more than GPA, however if they violate another rule, you should post the warning that @DeadOne just posted and let the mods know. If they don't comply, the thread will be removed.

It wasn't about his listing price being substantially higher then GPA.  There were at least 3 violations.  The overpricing was the cherry on the chit cake.  

3 hours ago, Red_Hood said:

It wasn't about his listing price being substantially higher then GPA.  There were at least 3 violations.  The overpricing was the cherry on the chit cake.  

I saw two violations, what was the third +

1 hour ago, DeadOne said:

I saw two violations, what was the third +

Just the 2, hit the 3 instead of 2... needless to say, whether its 2 or 3 or even 1.  The point is that it should be dealt with more harshly since all these people flock here to take advantage of another fee-free location on the internet and are too lazy to even read the rules.

Just now, Red_Hood said:

Just the 2, hit the 3 instead of 2... needless to say, whether its 2 or 3 or even 1.  The point is that it should be dealt with more harshly since all these people flock here to take advantage of another fee-free location on the internet and are too lazy to even read the rules.

Is the thread still there?

2 minutes ago, skypinkblu said:

Is the thread still there?

I just took a look and its still there.  Even after reporting it this morning.  Well, if the mods can't police it after being notified then have at it.  Everyone let your facebook friends know they can come here and disobey simple rules and still sell for free! "The entitled shall inherit the earth cause damned if they would ever work hard to earn it."

1 minute ago, Red_Hood said:

Like banning or just pulling the post?
I don't think it warrants a ban. Pulling the post is an option.

I posted the reminder in the sales thread, which I think is good for a first or even second time offender. What we need is the first person who notices the thread to post the reminder. If it hasn't been fixed in a day... report it. If the same person continues to post sales threads that do not meet the guidelines, then ban them. 3 strikes and you're out.

I don't even really like "Bone". lol

6 minutes ago, Red_Hood said:

I just took a look and its still there.  Even after reporting it this morning.  Well, if the mods can't police it after being notified then have at it.  Everyone let your facebook friends know they can come here and disobey simple rules and still sell for free! "The entitled shall inherit the earth cause damned if they would ever work hard to earn it."

Mods. definitely do not seem to react to reported posts as quickly as they did on the old boards.

Edited by DeadOne

5 minutes ago, Red_Hood said:

I looked before and I  didn't see it, can you post a link please?

22 minutes ago, skypinkblu said:

I'm not even sure how to post links.  I'm pretty old school but it's in the Copper/Modern section, on the 1st page and the title has Bone 1, 3, 4.

3 minutes ago, Red_Hood said:
27 minutes ago, skypinkblu said:

I'm not even sure how to post links.  I'm pretty old school but it's in the Copper/Modern section, on the 1st page and the title has Bone 1, 3, 4.

It looks like it has been removed now - 

5adfaaec37fb6_FireShotCapture259-Copper_ModernAgeOnly-CGCComic_-https___www.cgccomics.com_boards_f.thumb.jpg.79d711ec5e516f3dd542079c77742664.jpg

the rule should be if the seller doesnt define the sales parameters, then the buyer gets to set them and the seller must abide. 

No shipping defined? Shipping costs paid by seller, hand delivery only. 

No return rules? Seller must accept returns any time during the buyers life.

No Payment method specified? ALL PENNIES

15 minutes ago, miraclemet said:

the rule should be if the seller doesnt define the sales parameters, then the buyer gets to set them and the seller must abide. 

No shipping defined? Shipping costs paid by seller, hand delivery only. 

No return rules? Seller must accept returns any time during the buyers life.

No Payment method specified? ALL PENNIES

I have a lovely baritone voice, I will pay you back in Taylor Swift and/or Nickelback covers sung directly into your voicemail or during your wedding/bar mitzvah/funeral.