• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

cant assume...

my guess is always

1. buyer pays shipping at cost

2. paypal by default, but will take check/MO (ship when cleared)

3. first take it in thread or pm wins

4. returns  (buyer pays shipping) ok on raws, not on slabs

5. No probies of HOSers 

7 hours ago, miraclemet said:

cant assume...

my guess is always

5. No probies of HOSers 

What I am starting to see is that the same people who can't provide a back cover scan on a $1k+ book, can't write out their "rules".   At least some of the people who can't bother.

Anyone else notice a pattern? 

Some of these are very nice people, but I don't know if the forum is not worthy of the time it takes, or it's something else.

2 minutes ago, skypinkblu said:

What I am starting to see is that the same people who can't provide a back cover scan on a $1k+ book, can't write out their "rules".   At least some of the people who can't bother.

Anyone else notice a pattern? 

Some of these are very nice people, but I don't know if the forum is not worthy of the time it takes, or it's something else.

Sales threads without back cover scans is a pet peeve of mine. Given the fact that it is now so much easier to show a pic on the new boards, I don't understand it. Most of us just want to see if the back cover is 'clean' so a quick phone pic works quite well, no need for multiple close up pics. Given the fact that this site charges no fees at all to the seller, it is befuddling to see some give so little effort to selling here. Anybody that simply states 'the usual rules', without going into detail, is asking for problems. Crazy.

• Administrator
On 3/4/2018 at 8:48 PM, Columbia Comics said:

I disagree.

If I'm advertising a book for $1,000 and will accept PayPal, check, money order, bank wire, etc....why should someone who chooses a fee-less method be force to absorb the fee that's baked in for PayPal.

I fully understand that accepting PayPal (or any other fee-based payment method) is the responsibility of the seller.  I totally get that.  However, if you've priced all associated fees into your price and someone wants to use a method that doesn't cost the seller those fees, it's simply a courtesy to not charge them those fees.

just my opinion... 

Basically, PayPal has an agreement with you. That agreement says, hey - you can use our service to sell goods, and get the benefit of buyers who are more comfortable using PayPal as a payment method. The reason you get access to those people is because we provide all kinds of neat stuff like buyer protection, etc..  What we require of you is - if you want access to our customers, then you can't charge our customers differently. The 3% is your cost, and you should be HAPPY to pay it, because we delivered a customer to you who might not otherwise have considered buying from you.

So their intent is this - if you don't want to absorb the cost of PayPal fees as a kind of "commission" to us for giving you a buyer, then you can't use our service -- because it hurts out business to make things more expensive for buyers by passing the fees on, and therefore gives a benefit to YOUR business (more buyers) for free.  In their minds, and in their agreement - you are the one benefiting from a bigger market of buyers. And you hsould pay for it.

I googled this and couldn't find anything.

Can anyone tell me what the Dallas Stepehnsmilehighcomics.com collection is? Someone has a book advertised as  being from the "Mile High Collection", but when I looked at the label I saw this other thing.

1 hour ago, skypinkblu said:

Can anyone tell me what the Dallas Stepehnsmilehighcomics.com collection is? Someone has a book advertised as  being from the "Mile High Collection", but when I looked at the label I saw this other thing.

http://www.milehighcomics.com/dallasstephens/index.html

Maybe???

1 hour ago, skypinkblu said:

could he be related to Diamond Dallas Page?

21 minutes ago, entalmighty1 said:

I thought it may be the same collection as the Mile High II, but I was wrong.

Thanks so much for that link. I also thought it might be the "Mile High II collection" , now I am no longer confused :foryou:

No grades and no back cover scans. Is it even a question why there are no sales with the bumps.

That seller can keep bumping, but a grade or at least a back cover scan might move more books.

Another seller too lazy to follow the sales thread listing rules is trying to pump out 2 copies of New Mutants #98 at inflated prices compared to FMV.  Someone should direct him to instagram, facebook or lazyface or lazygram... wherever these new generation sellers go to sell their common overpriced junk.

Edited by Red_Hood

On 3/14/2018 at 8:48 AM, miraclemet said:

cant assume...

my guess is always

5. No probies of HOSers 

6.  Sqeggs receives 20% off.

FTFY

On 4/6/2018 at 9:44 AM, Red_Hood said:

Another seller too lazy to follow the sales thread listing rules is trying to pump out 2 copies of New Mutants #98 at inflated prices compared to FMV.  Someone should direct him to instagram, facebook or lazyface or lazygram... wherever these new generation sellers go to sell their common overpriced junk.

I might be interested if he could give me three days. :roflmao: