• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

39 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

Way to go boards!

I posted this

39 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

:facepalm:

then this

my humor didn't come across the same way I envisioned it in my mind.

I do this type of posting often, so clearly this isn't my audience.

And I'm sympathetic to him losing his father. I lost my father 3 years ago and there isn't a day that goes by that I don't miss him, that I wish I could call him and just talk to him.

23 minutes ago, comicdonna said:

The way is see it, you were the judge and jury, and we were the defendants.  This is my last post about this.  

we can go back and forth on this but the reality is you've made your decision and I doubt anything will change your view. Hopefully you'll judge me not on that post but on all 25000+ (many of which have been liked by Greggy aka boardie of the year).

Edited by jsilverjanet

1 hour ago, jsilverjanet said:

I wasn't. you can believe what you want, he made the post, he made the mistake, he choose to ask the mods to delete his account. I don't see how that's the boards fault. Again you and anyone else can believe what you want to believe.

that board member was a jerk to me and to some of my friends. that's the difference. Just like you gave your opinion on SolarBoy's sales thread 6 months ago, I'm giving additional information on comicsyte95. We disagreed on solarboy and we disagree here. But it's nice to know why you avoid discussions with me. Thank you for that clarification. I won't PM you anymore so you don't have to worry about that.

Chris is older, suffers from parkinsons and his father passed away. This is what he's shared with me and a few other boardies. I never said you did anything wrong, I just wanted to give you a heads up about him in the PM i sent to you. again I'll repeat myself here and in the thread. He shouldn't have used your pics, your text, it was poor, lazy and not excusable. All

So Speedforce who was dying if he didn't get the transplant in time, was a "jerk to you and some of your friends" in his posts because he didn't agree with you,  and because I failed to acquiesce to your request to not help him, you went on the "shadow board" and vented to your buddies there and thereafter, I  was tortured by Stu, plus a few of your "friends" for trying to help someone.  They did their utmost (as you did too) to ruin that charity thread.

I had told you I would have helped ANYONE here who was in that situation including any of those friends of yours, it was my choice, but that was not enough for you.  I read your posts on there along with the others.

So to be perfectly clear, THAT is why I stopped discussing anything with you. Doesn't mean I wouldn't try to help you if you needed it (G-d forbid).

8 minutes ago, skypinkblu said:

So Speedforce who was dying if he didn't get the transplant in time, was a "jerk to you and some of your friends" in his posts because he didn't agree with you,  and because I failed to acquiesce to your request to not help him, you went on the "shadow board" and vented to your buddies there and thereafter, I  was tortured by Stu, plus a few of your "friends" for trying to help someone.  They did their utmost (as you did too) to ruin that charity thread.

I had told you I would have helped ANYONE here who was in that situation including any of those friends of yours, it was my choice, but that was not enough for you.  I read your posts on there along with the others.

So to be perfectly clear, THAT is why I stopped discussing anything with you. Doesn't mean I wouldn't try to help you if you needed it (G-d forbid).

What other people do is not my responsibility. Take that issue up with them, not with me. I never said anything about you personally, on that board or anywhere else. 

I disagreed with the charity thread and maybe I’m wrong for that. Maybe I need to do some self reflection on that.

I personally never tried to ruin that charity thread yet I was accused of it, and when called out by “solarboy” and sacatuer you choose not to get involved which is fine. I accepted and moved on but clearly you did not. 

again you don’t have to respond or worry about me communicating with you directly. I’ll never bother you with anything again. Happy a good life, take care and wish you nothing but the best.

19 hours ago, skypinkblu said:

I was under the impression he was a young kid, but according to his profile, he's in his 40's, old enough to know better.  I have not seen anything about him losing his father recently, and I'm sorry if that happened, but you are right, that doesn't change the fact that he did something that was not terribly nice. It also doesn't change the fact that he's been on the boards, but never answered the pm I sent him before I posted anything.

I'm also more cautious since we were treated to the presence of GI Joe. Unless I or someone I trust has met the person in person, I'm not quite as trusting as I once was.

I can see your side of the story here trust me I do.

But, a simple PM to him would have cleared this up and maybe waited a little longer before blasting him. His father died and he is in the last years of Parkinson's Disease. The reason I know this is not only because he told me, but ever payment I get from him his hand writing is worse and worse and I finally asked him about it. 

I know you have done great work on these boards over the years, but this guy was just trying to raise a little money fast for his family to help pay for funeral costs. Because he cant take clear pictures because his
hands shake I am sure he chose to use your pictures. 

This boardie has been one of nicest ones I have ever dealt with over the last few years and he truly loves comics and honestly I think its one of the few things in his life that gives him some peace. 

It is my sincere hope that many read this and use it as "Look before you leap" moment. If this was a new boardie it would have been different, but this guy has been here awhile and could have
used "the benefit of the doubt" concept.

Edited by fastballspecial

12 hours ago, DR.X said:
19 hours ago, jsilverjanet said:

For those who don’t know, Chris recently lost his father, so I’d take it a little easy on him. Without a doubt he should have never lifted the pictures or the verbiage etc. his recent tragedy isn’t an excuse for his mistake, I just ask that we ease up on the making fun of him part. Damage is done. 

If its no excuse for him why are you making excuses for him. One thing has nothing to do with the other.

Because the guy has a terminal life condition on top of the fact his father just died. He is just trying to make right at the end of his life. Yes he was wrong for using the pics. I don't know how long she waited after she PMed him. (Sorry I missed that in my above post I have edited it.)

He clearly bought the book and is reselling it. Yes he should have contacted her first, but I doubt that was something he considered at the time. His explanation was almost heart breaking. I guess you have had to deal with him
to really understand his situation. I am not laying any blame here I am just bringing to light why he might have made a somewhat poor decision.

I seriously doubt he could have even at this point provided decent pictures because his hands shake so bad now.

12 hours ago, jsilverjanet said:

I wasn't. you can believe what you want, he made the post, he made the mistake, he choose to ask the mods to delete his account. I don't see how that's the boards fault. Again you and anyone else can believe what you want to believe.

that board member was a jerk to me and to some of my friends. that's the difference. Just like you gave your opinion on SolarBoy's sales thread 6 months ago, I'm giving additional information on comicsyte95. We disagreed on solarboy and we disagree here. But it's nice to know why you avoid discussions with me. Thank you for that clarification. I won't PM you anymore so you don't have to worry about that.

Chris is older, suffers from parkinsons and his father passed away. This is what he's shared with me and a few other boardies. I never said you did anything wrong, I just wanted to give you a heads up about him in the PM i sent to you. again I'll repeat myself here and in the thread. He shouldn't have used your pics, your text, it was poor, lazy and not excusable. All

hm

With all being, said it might be best for everyone to step away from the keyboard and revisit this (if it needs revisiting) tomorrow. 

5 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

I can see your side of the story here trust me I do.

But, a simple PM to him would have cleared this up and maybe waited a little longer before blasting him. His father died and he is in the last years of Parkinson's Disease. The reason I know this is not only because he told me, but ever payment I get from him his hand writing is worse and worse and I finally asked him about it. 

I know you have done great work on these boards over the years, but this guy was just trying to raise a little money fast for his family to help pay for funeral costs. Because he cant take clear pictures because his
hands shake I am sure he chose to use your pictures. 

This boardie has been one of nicest ones I have ever dealt with over the last few years and he truly loves comics and honestly I think its one of the few things in his life that gives him some peace. 

It is my sincere hope that many read this and use it as "Look before you leap" moment. If this was a new boardie it would have been different, but this guy has been here awhile and could have
used "the benefit of the doubt" concept.

But I did pm him hours before I posted. I checked, he was online and never answered until a few minutes ago. I have not had time to read his response. I just got home  I clearly said that I had pmed him first and only posted when he did not respond. I had no way of knowing about anything else since he never answered me. Maybe you missed where I posted that. Also his statement in the thread was different.

I  would not have posted to anyone without pming first AND checking to see if he was online. As a matter of fact he read my pm many hours ago and failed to respond before now.

edit

I have now read his pm. 

Apparently his father is ill, but alive. He said that he was still alive in his recent pm and on the sales thread, so I'm not sure where this other info comes from. That's still not good news, but I wanted to be accurate. 

We have written back and forth a bit,With his permission,  I contacted someone who wanted the book before to see if that person is still interested, hopefully that will work out.

Edited by skypinkblu

I never meant to offend Sharon and fully intended on giving her $75 profits of the book to either her or a charity of her choice ,or a charity of the boards members choice after I am set paying off my dads stone give me a month.that is by my word and by any that know me I stick to my word .

That was I always intended to do all along as she sold it too cheap.The book is too nice for me and I could use a grave stone.help out a charity.

again this is no excuse ,my medical or situation shouldn't give me any compassion here.if the boards general idea is for me to leave no issues.i will ..even if that happens I gave Sharon my email address any person who need  for transparency on when I donate directly to her..can pm her (and if she deems appropriate)and know when I donate.this will happen even if I am told to leave.

2 minutes ago, comicsyte95 said:

I never meant to offend Sharon and fully intended on giving her $75 profits of the book to either her or a charity of her choice ,or a charity of the boards members choice after I am set paying off my dads stone give me a month.that is by my word and by any that know me I stick to my word .

That was I always intended to do all along as she sold it too cheap.The book is too nice for me and I could use a grave stone.help out a charity.

again this is no excuse ,my medical or situation shouldn't give me any compassion here.if the boards general idea is for me to leave no issues.i will ..even if that happens I gave Sharon my email address any person who need  for transparency on when I donate directly to her..can pm her (and if she deems appropriate)and know when I donate.this will happen even if I am told to leave.

Chris, I told you this in a pm, I sold the book for what i thought was fair. I'm fine with what I got, you keep whatever you get, the book is yours. 

This was never about money. I don't care if you sell the book for more, if you do, good for you.

In any case, your apology is accepted. i wish you the best. I hope things work out better than expected for you.

I'm done writing about it on here. Have a safe holiday weekend.