• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, DR.X said:

seriously Mike. I thought you were busting his chops. He must have been a complete lunatic. 3K WTF.

He's a kind, generous, respected, crazy boardie.  A good kind of crazy. 

2 minutes ago, Columbia Comics said:

actually USPS registered is probably the safest (truth be told)

I wasn't worried....

What was the advantage of sending cash over a cheque though? Just the way the deal was structured or tax purposes? I suppose that may be something you don't want to answer I am just curious.

7 minutes ago, Patriot6 said:

What was the advantage of sending cash over a cheque though? Just the way the deal was structured or tax purposes? I suppose that may be something you don't want to answer I am just curious.

Easier to launder cash than a check.

Edited by DeadOne
just kidding

7 hours ago, Patriot6 said:

Lets say hypothetically this happened, could one back out of the deal and not be crucified by the boards for backing out of a deal? What I mean is, if I took a book and someone slid additional fees in at the last second like that, like buying a used car or something, I would be rather steamed. Are you locked in at this point?

Absolutely.  And I don't see any reason why you couldn't nominate the seller for changing the particulars of the deal.

On ‎1‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 11:40 AM, Patriot6 said:

This makes total sense and has been the standard around here since I arrived. The only thing that bothers me about cheques, checks, is that, as a Canadian, I have to pay about 5$ to make out a cheque in US dollars plus postage to get the cheque there. So I lose either way, unless the 3% exceeds the amount of fees I have to pay for a cheque. Plus, going to the bank to get the cheque and everything is kind of a hassle. 

Just another perk of being Canadian!  :banana: