• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

He just admitted that he has not paid for the book and that he intends to drop-ship it. There's a reason why I have the guy on ignore. Ridiculous.

16 minutes ago, oceanavekid said:

no I don’t have that in hand 

If someone was to make a deal I’d  pay for it and send their address to the seller. Not the first time I’ve done that. Did it with a Halloween mask and everything worked out 

I’d loose money and the owner of the book would ship it out. I’ve done it with a few items and never had any issues. One of the biggest Halloween mask collectors in the US did that for a $750 mask and had no issues. That’s why you always pay PayPal and G&S so both parties are covered 

1 minute ago, oceanavekid said:

I’d loose money and the owner of the book would ship it out. I’ve done it with a few items and never had any issues. One of the biggest Halloween mask collectors in the US did that for a $750 mask and had no issues. That’s why you always pay PayPal and G&S so both parties are covered 

Were all the other books in the original post in hand?

Nope those will be paid for tomorrow 

pretty much just trying to get what I bid out of them. As I said I would t be shipping the original seller would 

not making anything off them 

loosing a few bucks 

no scam not gaining anything 

as I said in the sales thread before it was deleted. Just trying to get some of what I paid and give them to someone who wants them more.

besides not paying for a book years ago and being put on the probation list years ago(made things right with seller) I’m not trying to scam anyone or do shady business. I’ll just wait till they’re in hand and try to sell 

17 minutes ago, oceanavekid said:

Only the CGC buyer would be covered by PayPal in your scenario. 

Three parties: eBay seller (Party A), you (Party B), CGC Forum buyer (Party C). 

Based on your description of what would occur: Party C pays Party B via PayPal and Party B uses their confirmed PayPal address. Party B pays Party A through PayPal listing either Party B's confirmed address (in which case you'd end up having to email Party C's address to Party A) or adding Party C's address as an unconfirmed address.  If Party A ships to an unconfirmed address and it gets lost then Party A is out of luck.

Also, the fact that you mentioned the eBay seller tried the second chance sale means that your sale on eBay was cancelled which means you intend to purchase the book off of eBay which is an additional violation.

Edited by Red84

2 minutes ago, oceanavekid said:

not making anything off them 

loosing a few bucks 

...not gaining anything 

as I said in the sales thread before it was deleted. Just trying to get some of what I paid and give them to someone who wants them more.

You sure you wanna stick with that? 

Pretty sure that Black Cat Mystery was listed in your thread for more than you won it for on eBay a few days ago.

I don't care if your flipping, really. But don't BS us. It doesn't help....

1 minute ago, Red84 said:

Literally no one would be covered by PayPal in your scenario. 

Three parties: eBay seller (Party A), you (Party B), CGC Forum buyer (Party C). 

Based on your description of what would occur: Party C pays Party B via PayPal and Party B uses their confirmed PayPal address. Party B pays Party A through PayPal listing either Party B's confirmed address (in which case you'd end up having to email Party C's address to Party A) or adding Party C's address as an unconfirmed address.  If Party A ships to an unconfirmed address and it gets lost then Party A is out of luck.

Also, the fact that you mentioned the eBay seller tried the second chance sale means that your sale on eBay was cancelled which means you intend to purchase the book off of eBay which is an additional violation.

The sell wasn’t canceled 

that’s not what my cart says 

think he just asked the 2nd highest if he wanted iT. I’ve done 2nd chance offers and the sale wasn’t canceled 

The sell wasn’t canceled 

that’s not what my cart says 

think he just asked the 2nd highest if he wanted iT. I’ve done 2nd chance offers and the sale wasn’t canceled 

Pretty sure the official Second Chance Offer only occurs if the original sale is cancelled. (To others reading this, if I'm wrong please correct me)

What you may be describing is the seller messaging the losing bidder and asking him if he wants to buy it, but not an official Second Chance Offer.

Just now, miraclemet said:

You sure you wanna stick with that? 

Pretty sure that Black Cat Mystery was listed in your thread for more than you won it for on eBay a few days ago.

I don't care if your flipping, really. But don't BS us. It doesn't help....

Yup only one with a higher starting price. The rest were at cost or in the case of the bigger book at a loss 

if if I was trying to bs I would have made up a story or put people off for days till they are in hand. Never had an issue with any book I’ve ever sold on here. 

Just now, Red84 said:

Pretty sure the official Second Chance Offer only occurs if the original sale is cancelled. (To others reading this, if I'm wrong please correct me)

What you may be describing is the seller messaging the losing bidder and asking him if he wants to buy it, but not an official Second Chance Offer.

That might have been what he did. I know he said the 2nd highest bidder didn’t end up wanting it and he was okay with giving a few weeks to pay 

definitely not canceled tho. As I said I’ll wait till they’re in hand to try to pass on to someone else 

Yup only one with a higher starting price. The rest were at cost or in the case of the bigger book at a loss 

if if I was trying to bs I would have made up a story or put people off for days till they are in hand. Never had an issue with any book I’ve ever sold on here. 

Got it, so you were being honest, except for the one you weren't being honest about.

13 hours ago, oceanavekid said:

Why are you bidding on books with the intention to sell for a loss?

17 minutes ago, skypinkblu said:

That's what I've been wondering. Doesn't make much sense.

Selling books that you don't even have makes even less sense. :screwy:

2 hours ago, skypinkblu said:

What are the odds of 2 people posting the same relatively scarce GA book as their first book within 24 hours of each other? 

About the same as the odds of me escaping Greggy's death grip and Wizard Chicago.