• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Pontoon said:

Son of a b! It was pulled before I even finished it.

I got thru 3 of 4 pages... was really hoping for a Lost style twist there at the end, guess I'll never know.

14 minutes ago, GACollectibles said:

Pernts!

I read your post in the now-deleted thread. Too levelheaded. More fire and brimstone, pls. K thx.

35 minutes ago, comicdonna said:

Nice doll, Tim.  :whistle:

1 minute ago, DR.X said:

i pulled that pic from the internet.  :whistle:

I have bought a few dolls, and sold them to buy comics.  I was at an estate sale maybe 15 years ago, to look at a Barbie #1  I had come straight from work and looked a little rough.  The guy told me he was only showing it to serious buyers.  I guess he didn't figure I could afford it.  :sorry:

3 hours ago, miraclemet said:

I got thru 3 of 4 pages... was really hoping for a Lost style twist there at the end, guess I'll never know.

I made it through 2 pages before it got zapped.  I thought it was a joke at first but the series of screenshot text messages was a really TMI for my own taste.  

The thread title, "Got something for you guys," gave me hope that I might find some treasure not a text dump of a dispute.

55 minutes ago, comicdonna said:

I have bought a few dolls, and sold them to buy comics.  I was at an estate sale maybe 15 years ago, to look at a Barbie #1  I had come straight from work and looked a little rough.  The guy told me he was only showing it to serious buyers.  I guess he didn't figure I could afford it.  :sorry:

Should have had your dog poop on his yard, Mike.  That would have shown the snob.

2 hours ago, DR.X said:

talking tina hate.jpg

Isn't it "Talking Tina"? Or have I been wrong for all these years?

doh!

9 hours ago, newshane said:

Isn't it "Talking Tina"? Or have I been wrong for all these years?

doh!

Just noticed that typo. It is talking Tina. Felt like ripping a dozen phone books in half this morning but can't find any, and I just at my Wheaties. :cry:

1 hour ago, DR.X said:

Just noticed that typo. It is talking Tina. Felt like ripping a dozen phone books in half this morning but can't find any, and I just at my Wheaties. :cry:

At your age you are lucky phone books are much thinner these days or you might hurt yourself.

:fear:

52 minutes ago, GACollectibles said:

At your age you are lucky phone books are much thinner these days or you might hurt yourself.

:fear:

I can still give a fairly good account of myself at 65. LOL. My film crew in the pics and fans of the Dr. They have strict orders to never put their hands on me in public, never unless I tell you its o.k. LOL. From left to right Trish, Sue and Lisa. Three of my best buds on the planet.

trish and lisa.jpg

Edited by DR.X

The never ending sales thread in Modern :pullhair:

Seller randomly posts images (of books that he happens to have for sale in his thread) in the artist appreciation threads. He's not technically spamming I suppose, as he's not driving traffic to, or even mentioning his sale, but it's obvious.

He's also "pre-selling" 2 year old books that are still available on the Bulletproof site for a significant mark-up.

I probably shouldn't be peeved by it and he's not breaking any rules that I know of, but just felt the need to vent rantrant

55 minutes ago, SteppinRazor said:

Can I have a thread with minimum purchase # of comics?  I have a bunch of $1 books that basically aren't worth shipping unless it's in bulk.

Sure, as long as you are clear on the particulars.

Example:  Choose any 30 comics for $30. 30 comic minimum but you can add on additional comics for $1 each. Shipping is $X dollars per x number of comics.   Some do sets as well that count toward the number. Such as Superhero 1-5 $5. 

Some people also sell by lots they design but that gives less freedom of choice to the buyer so as a buyer I prefer to make my own lot. 

Not really the best examples but you get the point, lol