• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

On 7/26/2018 at 7:23 PM, Foley said:

The never ending sales thread in Modern :pullhair:

Seller randomly posts images (of books that he happens to have for sale in his thread) in the artist appreciation threads. He's not technically spamming I suppose, as he's not driving traffic to, or even mentioning his sale, but it's obvious.

He's also "pre-selling" 2 year old books that are still available on the Bulletproof site for a significant mark-up.

I probably shouldn't be peeved by it and he's not breaking any rules that I know of, but just felt the need to vent rantrant

Nothing wrong with the occasional rant or vent Ryan, given that both end in 'nt'. Add what's left together and you get rave. Which is also ok.

3 hours ago, SteppinRazor said:

Can I have a thread with minimum purchase # of comics?  I have a bunch of $1 books that basically aren't worth shipping unless it's in bulk.

You can have any restrictions or conditions you want that don’t violate the actual board rules.  Good luck

On 7/28/2018 at 12:42 PM, tv horror said:

1602 pages and being a member for nearly four years and I was living without this thread, well I guess I don't need it then have fun.:)

Can be useful to see what people like and don't like about sales threads and dodging those potholes. IF you plan on selling here (or anywhere,  actually). :preach:

On ‎7‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 1:23 PM, Foley said:

The never ending sales thread in Modern :pullhair:

Seller randomly posts images (of books that he happens to have for sale in his thread) in the artist appreciation threads. He's not technically spamming I suppose, as he's not driving traffic to, or even mentioning his sale, but it's obvious.

He's also "pre-selling" 2 year old books that are still available on the Bulletproof site for a significant mark-up.

I probably shouldn't be peeved by it and he's not breaking any rules that I know of, but just felt the need to vent rantrant

I wanted to post about this also. He solicits books that he doesn't have in possesion. I've also been told he's "drop shipping" taking images from books on ebay, raising the grade/price and offering them for sale privately

4 hours ago, jsilverjanet said:

I wanted to post about this also. He solicits books that he doesn't have in possesion. I've also been told he's "drop shipping" taking images from books on ebay, raising the grade/price and offering them for sale privately

boo.

50 minutes ago, skypinkblu said:

Just a suggestion...(and I'm not naming names) but if you are a seller here and someone buys a book from you. If you ASK for Personal Paypal in your PM and the buyer says no, they no longer use personal PP for purchases and there is a rule here, don't go on and on about how "we are all friends", you pay a fee to sell here (really? ) eBay owns Paypal (they don't) and why does CGC care?

I happily send people I know well checks. I don't consider people I met once during a purchase a "friend". 

Sorry if I sound cranky, but it was the 3rd or 4th time going back and forth. Nice book though.

I specifically ask people to NOT use friends and family ….it messes my records up …… but I still love the hell out of EVERYONE...… especially when I remember to take my Prozac :cloud9: GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

1 hour ago, skypinkblu said:

Just a suggestion...(and I'm not naming names) but if you are a seller here and someone buys a book fr

I happily send people I know well checks. I don't consider people I met once during a purchase a "friend". 

Sorry if I sound cranky, but it was the 3rd or 4th time going back and forth. Nice book though.

Close your garage door and take a chill pill sister.  :fear:

Edited by DR.X

6 hours ago, skypinkblu said:

Just a suggestion...(and I'm not naming names) but if you are a seller here and someone buys a book from you. If you ASK for Personal Paypal in your PM and the buyer says no, they no longer use personal PP for purchases and there is a rule here, don't go on and on about how "we are all friends", you pay a fee to sell here (really? ) eBay owns Paypal (they don't) and why does CGC care?

Totally unacceptable behavior to even ASK someone to pay using F&F (as MIke @comicdonna pointed out).

Assuming a seller did mistakenly go down this path and created a faux pas, then once the buyer says they are not comfortable using F&F, the discussion should be over.  Once the buyer has paid (via the use of normal PP as is generally accepted), the seller should immediately package up the item and ship to buyer, without further discussion or delay (other than perhaps an apology for asking for F&F in the first place).

I also think it is unacceptable for the seller to talk about what fees it costs him to buy, sell, or do anything else with his/her comics.  None of that is relevant to the conversation.  A price was set and paid.  That is all that is relevant.

Lastly, I agree with Sharon @skypinkblu NOT "naming names".  She has a lot of class (as everyone here knows).

2 hours ago, Hudson said:

Totally unacceptable behavior to even ASK someone to pay using F&F (as MIke @comicdonna pointed out).

Assuming a seller did mistakenly go down this path and created a faux pas, then once the buyer says they are not comfortable using F&F, the discussion should be over.  Once the buyer has paid (via the use of normal PP as is generally accepted), the seller should immediately package up the item and ship to buyer, without further discussion or delay (other than perhaps an apology for asking for F&F in the first place).

I also think it is unacceptable for the seller to talk about what fees it costs him to buy, sell, or do anything else with his/her comics.  None of that is relevant to the conversation.  A price was set and paid.  That is all that is relevant.

Lastly, I agree with Sharon @skypinkblu NOT "naming names".  She has a lot of class (as everyone here knows).

who is it. someone start squealing. people know better than that krap after the purchase is made.

I kind of want to post original art for sale in the Gold/Silver/Bronze section of the boards, rather than the Original Art Marketplace section.  I feel the GSB area gets more eyes.

How do you guys feel about this idea?  Any comments?

2 minutes ago, thirdgreenham said:

I kind of want to post original art for sale in the Gold/Silver/Bronze section of the boards, rather than the Original Art Marketplace section.  I feel the GSB area gets more eyes.

My view is the original art still qualifies as a piece of a comic and therefore could be sold in the Gold/Silver/Bronze section but that the inverse would not be allowed. A comic could not be sold in the original art section as it is not original art.

15 minutes ago, thirdgreenham said:

I feel like it's OK...and, aside from my feelings, I'd say it also would comply with the Comic Marketplace usage guidelines.

Guideline #1 says "Books must be CGC or raw only, or items directly related to comics." OA is about as "directly related" as you can get. So, as long as the OA is from Gold, Silver, or Bronze comics, I'd say fire away!

Edited by EC ed