• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, cigars&comix said:

ok got it - Can I only post the images, like a few group shots for each lot - without typing each and every book title and issue #?

Reading the sales rules before posting a thread really helps. I've been here for a long time and I have to refresh my recollection at times.

Rule 17 is pretty specific, there were a lot of problems with "mystery boxes" a few years ago and Arch said it's too much like a game of chance (raffle)

On 11/4/2019 at 11:23 AM, cigars&comix said:

OK  I mean it does make sense, its just the thought of typing out 750 books isnt too appealing to me :ohnoez:

I think as long as you show a picture of all the books in the bulk batch you should be ok.  I'd put a rough grade for the set just to make sure you adhere to the rules.

1 hour ago, 1Cool said:

I think as long as you show a picture of all the books in the bulk batch you should be ok.  I'd put a rough grade for the set just to make sure you adhere to the rules.

Thanks - I started posting already. Its not too bad the typing - I do it on excel then copy it to notepad. Heres my sale - any other advise Id appreciate it.

22 hours ago, cigars&comix said:

Thanks - I started posting already. Its not too bad the typing - I do it on excel then copy it to notepad. Heres my sale - any other advise Id appreciate it.

Make sure you develop a thick skin in terms of selling on the boards.  A large majority of people only buy for the flip (especially bulk batches like yours) so your prices have to reflect this.  Just keep posting up books and don't worry too much about initial sales and then you will have a better chance of getting a bulk buyer grabs some sets.  Good luck!

40 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

Make sure you develop a thick skin in terms of selling on the boards.  A large majority of people only buy for the flip (especially bulk batches like yours) so your prices have to reflect this.  Just keep posting up books and don't worry too much about initial sales and then you will have a better chance of getting a bulk buyer grabs some sets.  Good luck!

Thanks - I mean at 50 cents a book for most of these you cant go wrong. Theyre good for Cons-Shows, LCS's, Flee Markets , etc-

many of these specific issues sold on ebay between $2.00-8.00 in last 90 days.

1 hour ago, comicdonna said:

The GSB section seems to be having a lot of technical issues lately.  The view counter isn't working, and I saw @Junkdrawer was having other issues.  

I think part of the problem I was having was because I was taking photos with my phone, but I was using my fingers to zoom in and out prior to uploading and I think/hope this is something I need to not do and I should get my insanity back🤣 @comicdonna

44 minutes ago, Junkdrawer said:

I think part of the problem I was having was because I was taking photos with my phone, but I was using my fingers to zoom in and out prior to uploading and I think/hope this is something I need to not do and I should get my insanity back🤣 @comicdonna

Good luck!  :wishluck:

On 11/14/2019 at 9:33 PM, skypinkblu said:

Reminder that the Holiday Gift exchange is posted in CG. The cut off to join is 11/22

https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/topic/459506-official-2019-cgc-chat-boards-holiday-gift-exchange-sign-up/#comments

:foryou:

Edited by HollyJollyOne

13 hours ago, comicdonna said:

The GSB section seems to be having a lot of technical issues lately.  The view counter isn't working...

Quite right Mike. The views on a few random short threads were in the thousands last week. Now a bunch of popular threads are all at zero views?  ???

4 hours ago, DavidTheDavid said:

Good time to be a buyer, I guess. GSB is loaded with *reduced* prices threads.

4 minutes ago, porcupine48 said:

You can't make me look

The wife says I can look but, I can't touch.