• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, G.A.tor said:

Sure, but offering cash discounts to fellow boardies (passing fee savings on) was never one of them

It has been for over a year, Rick...check the date. You are just so busy you haven't read them lately...and because  you are terribly spoiled and I'm very fond of you, I gave you the links before :foryou:

You have a ton of influence, talk to Harshen, personally, I'd be much happier if we could offer discounts :foryou:  I tried arguing when Arch first posted the changes, I lost.

Edited by skypinkblu
I can't spell

54 minutes ago, skypinkblu said:

It has been for over a year, Rick...check the date. You are just so busy you haven't read them lately...and because  you are terribly spoiled and I'm very fond of you, I gave you the links before :foryou:

You have a ton of influence, talk to Harshen, personally, I'd be much happier if we could offer discounts :foryou:  I tried arguing when Arch first posted the changes, I lost.

Thanks sha 

Had mentioned I hadn’t sold on the boards since 2013 so that was the time frame I was referring too, when I said it didn’t use to be a problem

also, I’ve read the link. Cgc doesn’t need to enforce any PayPal restrictions as they don’t charge for use on this site and they don’t benefit nor are they involved in any boardie transactions. 

So if boardies want to offer a cash discount there is no reason cgc shouldn’t allow and no reason boardies should be policing such...as I mentioned boardies should want to help each other out and save $s

but that’s just my opinion and I will conform even if I disagree 

1 minute ago, Mr Sneeze said:

Unfortunately, I think a cash discount got mixed in with no PayPal personal, even though they are not even remotely the same thing.2c

Could be. If one chooses to use PayPal then there is an associated cost in doing so (PayPal fees). However, if one wants to pass on equivalent savings, in this environment, to a boardie it certainly should be allowed and in no way compromises any PayPal policies (they simply require no surcharge be placed , that’s diff than offering a cash discount)

cgc should alter its stance on the #10 rule, but what do I know 

1 hour ago, Point Five said:

The quality and volume of GA/SA offerings these last few days have been insane. I'm eating lunches while I still can.  :busy:

Just sell me a couple of your nicer books... :baiting:

4 hours ago, Pontoon said:

So... am I the only person who doesn’t care for the current trend of wall of text sales thread titles?

I honestly never thought about it but I guess longer titles do take up more real estate and push other threads down faster.

Will trim my title down a bit. (thumbsu

6 hours ago, KPR Comics said:

There are a few that every time I see them I hear carnival barker music in my head.

HEY! THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT I'M GOING FOR WHEN I DO MINE!!!!!!!!  

SUCCESS!!!!!!!

Edited by Mystafo

5 hours ago, Pontoon said:

Let's set the pitchforks abaze!

I was saddened to see skypinkblu jump on the bandwagon. :sorry:

Im sorry never thought about it pushing people down. Ill be more careful next time. I thought i was satisfying the people who say they dont look unlrss they .know what is inside.

Edited by skypinkblu