• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

57 minutes ago, Point Five said:

Every time I start to feel the briefest glimmer of hope and joy... one look at your avatar brings me right back down. 1570353552_ScreenShot2019-08-28at8_46_18PM.png.06c39d4d53dd03d5cd7ed5b749e615cd.png

Careful. Merely glimpsing my avatar may cause unwanted reactions, such as posting sales threads full of unsold GGA. 

15 hours ago, Jeffro™ said:

That's pretty obnoxious for mobile users. It's even worse when the long title is all in caps

I'm always on my phone when I am on the boards.

I don't mind either way as long as it is semi-coherent.

And not an Unfunny Ryan thread.

19 hours ago, revat said:
On 8/28/2019 at 7:39 AM, Readcomix said:

Interesting discussion on the long vs short titles for threads...as a seller, I've used both but mostly lean toward short because, as a buyer, I find the wall of text headlines hard to read. 

I do find that adding a specific book (or "discounts added" or "more books now" or some short update phrase that is relevant) brings people in as it is useful information from a buyer's perspective. When I sell, I try to sell like I shop, and I want to create a thread that is also a fun place to hang out and comment on books. I know some sellers don't like banter in their threads, but geez it's a forum not one's personal sales website. (I do agree that quoting a book that one is not buying can confuse potential buyers, so I avoid that. I just reference a book in a thread if we're discussing it in a sales thread.)

I too am pro-banter.

I am pro banter if that's what the seller wants. If a seller wants a no banter sales thread I'm fine with that too. I'm a fan of "run your sales thread the way you want to run it"

Except wall of text titles, that is.

14 hours ago, Point Five said:
20 hours ago, Ryan. said:

My threads have caused people to completely shut down their accounts. 

Every time I start to feel the briefest glimmer of hope and joy... one look at your avatar brings me right back down. 1570353552_ScreenShot2019-08-28at8_46_18PM.png.06c39d4d53dd03d5cd7ed5b749e615cd.png

Nothing says "Unfunny Ryan" like that avatar

13 hours ago, skypinkblu said:
13 hours ago, Pontoon said:

hm

I think it's improved, but grammar may still need some work. When I read "Recap for $100" my first thought was "Dang! Decepticon used to do those just out of the goodness of his heart!"

A friend of mine had an old saying.,,"You're killing me Louie!" I'm going to start calling you Louie!;)

Here I was taking out words, thinking...,too many, gotta cut that;) 

Here is my password, ...just go write whatever makes you smile;) :foryou:

Dick Louie? I don't know about that. 

16 hours ago, Ryan. said:

Careful. Merely glimpsing my avatar may cause unwanted reactions, such as posting sales threads full of unsold GGA. 

I've been crunching the numbers, and your threads would do 37% better on average with a simple change to this avatar:

1393086988_ScreenShot2019-08-29at1_59_58PM.png.008bb6d1c3ed886d944237df0aa20360.png

On the cover of the ASM #2, it shows some wear on the top edge on the top right hand corner, but it seems on the inside cover shows the entire right corner missing.  However on the splash page, the top right corner is colored red which is the same color as the cover.  Maybe my eyes are playing tricks on me, but is the top right corner present on the cover?

This could be one of the greatest custom quotes on the board... even more fun when put through Ric Flair's mouth... @greggy @jaybuck43

BIG MAAAAAAN!!!! The Naich-ya Boy has one question for you!  Who are all these losers posting in my sales thread? WOOOO  !!! Who do I have to talk to about moderation here? I am focused on business and STYLIN and PROFILIN and LIMOUSINE RIDING, WHEELIN and DEALIN and KISS STEALIN !!  I have completed many transactions with various members this calendar year with some fairly large books and I am not appreciative of comments that detract from my WOOO!!! objective. Go bang your wife or mow your lawn or spank your bratty kid... and then and ONLY THEN.... can you step up to ride SPACE MOUNTAIN !!! Oldest ride in park!!! Longest Line WOOOOO!!!

giphy.gif

On 9/2/2019 at 12:38 PM, wombat said:

@Bejack3 - you are only making things worse with your comments. Take the high road and let the mods do their thing. 

The mods can see all posts, even the deleted/hidden ones. :whistle: 

21 minutes ago, lizards2 said:
On 9/2/2019 at 2:38 PM, wombat said:

- you are only making things worse with your comments. Take the high road and let the mods do their thing. 

The mods can see all posts, even the deleted/hidden ones. :whistle:

I must have missed all the action. Was there alcohol involved or just the usual high tension?

5 hours ago, Mystafo said:

Hey, whether you like it or you don't like it...learn to love it!  WHOOOOOOOO!

This is the one that makes me laugh out loud... lol 

19 minutes ago, DR.X said:

I must have missed all the action. Was there alcohol involved or just the usual high tension?

Take out the Ric Flair nonsense out of what I wrote and you can get an idea...  Just delete all the stuff I wrote in caps.  He was the one that made mention of mowing lawns, and wives and spanking kids. 

I would post the screen cap but that would get me in trouble since someone / mods deleted it. lol However, I did take a screen shot of it for posterity. It was a good one. 

Edited by Buzzetta