• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

44 minutes ago, DR.X said:

I had the Wild Turkey 101 ready, and a bottle ready to ship to Lizards.

If the goal is to ensure chaos then the true answer would be adding the Bacardi 151 for the coveted 252's... :baiting:

20210327_173616.thumb.jpg.39750cad635fe83a29b6c62957c725f3.jpg

On 3/24/2021 at 5:06 PM, thirdgreenham said:

I'm not sure why this needs a vote.  Just copy/remove your uncle's name/paste.  (shrug) 

Pretty sure doing that would summon the dramalama of doom,Andy.

2359396729_11ea79ed4b_b.jpg

Was browsing ole Instagram and noticed a couple books we can buy on the boards for 2K more than if you buy on Instagram from the seller, glad to see the community getting a break. 

47 minutes ago, PKJ said:

Was browsing ole Instagram and noticed a couple books we can buy on the boards for 2K more than if you buy on Instagram from the seller, glad to see the community getting a break. 

Not to mention violating the exclusive offer rule here.  

On 3/29/2021 at 1:30 PM, porcupine48 said:

Pretty sure doing that would summon the dramalama of doom,Andy.

2359396729_11ea79ed4b_b.jpg

I still can't figure out how to quote 2 things, but @thirdgreenham  @porcupine48

Someone asked me to change a title the other day and I found out that you can only edit for the past year, that means the mods can only edit for one year. 

Which means that if a HOS removal vote takes place, it only would take the person off the list for the posts that can be edited.

Just so people know that, so if someone comes back, reforms, saves the world. It's still going to be on those other posts.

I'm not sure that was what you wanted, but be aware if you have a poll and it wins, that's what you'd get.  Doing it that way would probably get more votes, so it might not be the worst thing.

Just now, skypinkblu said:
6 minutes ago, comicdonna said:

Highlight both posts, and a quote button will appear.  

I do that, it says multi quote, I click on quote and get one.

I just highlighted both posts, and it worked for me.  

6 minutes ago, comicdonna said:
7 minutes ago, skypinkblu said:
15 minutes ago, comicdonna said:

Highlight both posts, and a quote button will appear.  

I just highlighted both posts, and it worked for me. 

Yep worked for me on mobile..

18 hours ago, skypinkblu said:
18 hours ago, comicdonna said:
18 hours ago, skypinkblu said:

multiquote 001.JPG

Expand  

YAY

Thanks

Thing is though, it's a temperamental feature when using a laptop or desktop. Sometimes it works fine for me, sometimes it doesn't.

On 3/25/2021 at 10:29 AM, PKJ said:

What is it with all the current market commentary in sales threads lately? That used to be viewed in very bad taste but in the past 48 hours non buyers have been sharing their thoughts on price run ups, incorrect labels, market correction predictions etc. This used to be heavily frowned upon, did something change?  The complaints that sales have slowed here certainly will hold true if the peanut gallery has to comment on every "hot" book being listed, better to just put on IG or ebay where comments are less common or not at all.

I am not a fan of it either but it seems like a shift has occurred in board culture regarding this type of behavior. A seller always has the right to say up front that such banter is not allowed in the sales thread.

Edited by Jeffro.

5 minutes ago, Jeffro. said:

I am not a fan of it either but it seems like a shift has occurred in board culture regarding this type of behavior. A seller always has the right to say up front that such banter is not allowed in the sales thread.

There hasn't been anything reported recently, so I haven't seen it. But if that is what is happening, if it upsets the seller, they SHOULD report it. 
I think some people see it as free bumps, so they don't care..

12 minutes ago, skypinkblu said:
19 minutes ago, Jeffro. said:

There hasn't been anything reported recently, so I haven't seen it. But if that is what is happening, if it upsets the seller, they SHOULD report it. 
I think some people see it as free bumps, so they don't care..

I guess that's what it comes down to, does it upset the seller? It seems like most sellers these days just accept it as how its done today. Some encourage it.

I do my best not to get into banter in anyone's sales thread. I just don't think it's the place for it. Others obviously feel differently.

Edited by Jeffro.