• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, porcupine48 said:

Anyways,while I do get that it is history and even say it's sad to me but an entertaining read-the Hall of Shame is meant as a warning to people,right?Well,seeing as he's dead and buried I don't think he'll be pulling any Human Torch #2's on anyone anytime soon.So,do you think we could get that taken down?Just a thought.Not saying being dead undoes anything and I'll always feel some shame about what he did to Adam but he is gone.

Sorry to hear about this, Jimmers.

I do know that if an exception wouldn't be made for this, the way to get the name removed would be by another poll. 

I don't believe a name needs to remain on the list once the person has passed.  And I'm sure if you started a thread with an explanation of this, including a poll with yes/no options, people would be happy to help you get the name removed from the list.  They're pretty easy to set up and you could shoot me a PM if you needed any help.  You'd have my vote. (thumbsu

3 hours ago, Domo Arigato said:

Sorry to hear about this, Jimmers.

I do know that if an exception wouldn't be made for this, the way to get the name removed would be by another poll. 

I don't believe a name needs to remain on the list once the person has passed.  And I'm sure if you started a thread with an explanation of this, including a poll with yes/no options, people would be happy to help you get the name removed from the list.  They're pretty easy to set up and you could shoot me a PM if you needed any help.  You'd have my vote. (thumbsu

Merci mon chum

I'm feeling a bit of type fatigue(above and a lengthy pm lol ) but I'll likely take up your kind offer of a chat about it later.

I just have a worry,knowing this place lately,that a poll will drag trash talking up and I don't really want to relive that.I'm not making an excuse for what he did(if you read it and see the outing of his own shill-hilarious but sad).It is what it is,but--he is dead.

It's not the most important thing to me in the world,but I don't think it would break any rules.I-I don't know to say it without worry of someone attacking me for defending him or something,yes,I know Adam wasn't and won't be made whole but there is really no way for Joey to do that.Anyone that wants to suggest I do something..well,I've got a fist and a dark spot recommendation lol If I was independantly wealthy,sure.

It's been a few years now,but thanks for the condolences,they're always welcome because I'll always miss him,scoundrel he could be.

Edited by porcupine48

3 hours ago, porcupine48 said:

So since there's a party,I was thinking about something a lot lately...the HoS,talk about banned members being back and having changed their ways....

TFL/ToS This is dead and gone.Many of you know he was my uncle and rejoined here under Ghost Rider,some know him as William,but it was my uncle Joey.Despite his issues,and there was a lot of them going on for a while-he was like an older brother to me growing up.I loved him very much

Anyways,while I do get that it is history and even say it's sad to me but an entertaining read-the Hall of Shame is meant as a warning to people,right?Well,seeing as he's dead and buried I don't think he'll be pulling any Human Torch #2's on anyone anytime soon.So,do you think we could get that taken down?Just a thought.Not saying being dead undoes anything and I'll always feel some shame about what he did to Adam but he is gone.

This should be a given. And a poll should NOT be needed. @crassus @skypinkblu Shouldn't it go without saying that a member who has passed away should be removed from the HOS/PL. It no longer serves any purpose. And frankly, it's pretty gross to leave it as is.

Edited by Red84
typo

6 hours ago, skypinkblu said:

I almost bought a donut today. I had been watching the Umbrella Academy and they seem to spend half their time in a donut shop;)

https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/22/business/krispy-kreme-free-donuts-covid-vaccination-trnd/index.html

While I remember the probation thread, I don't remember the HOS part. It was 12 years ago, I'm pretty sure I was away during that time. I knew he was on the list, but I never could follow how it went from probation  to HOS, if I voted for HOS, I don't remember.

I couldn't find the poll, maybe @BlowUpTheMoon will have more luck with that? 

:foryou:

My opinion is, we need to ask Adam first since he was the person with the issue. 

If he agrees, I think we can set up a poll with just votes, no discussion, but Adam needs to be included.

Once again,  @crassus would probably have a better opinion than mine.

Edited by skypinkblu

6 minutes ago, steveinthecity said:

@Filter81 started the discussion on page 222.

Thanks, I thought I had quoted that page. 

The other thing @porcupine48 I was thinking...is that although maybe we could have a closed poll, we couldn't stop anyone from talking about it here, nor should we. I don't think anyone can make a unilateral decision here.

22 minutes ago, skypinkblu said:

Thanks, I thought I had quoted that page. 

The other thing @porcupine48 I was thinking...is that although maybe we could have a closed poll, we couldn't stop anyone from talking about it here, nor should we. I don't think anyone can make a unilateral decision here.

Well,maybe Adam will come around and chime in.If he says okay,then it's off,no poll? I know we couldn't stop folks from talking about it,heck,it might start up with just me bringing it up.

I know Joey was 100% wrong and not trying to take away that it was terrible.Just don't see how him being on the list,being dead,is going to help warn anyone.That's what the lists are for right?He wont be coming back in any form.

If Adam says go,then so be it,if no-well so be it.I'd rather not feed the wolves with another drama from as you said,twelve years ago with a poll.Joeys dead,he can't vote and even though there's no excuse for what he did,he can't speak for himself.

I just don't see why it needs to stay.The man is dead.There's no warning anyone about him or ToS is there?

This is a little touchy emotional for me,so I'll just see what happens.Hopefully Adam doesn't mind a dead mans name being removed as there's no way Joey can make it up to him

4 minutes ago, Red84 said:

Another option is to add a new rule that when a person passes they are removed from the PL and HOS lists automatically. No posts are deleted, just the reference to the individual on the list.

Like I said before; it is pretty gross to continue to shame people after they have passed. 2c

I don't want the posts removed or anything,it's board history and is quite the entertaining mess to some I'm sure.

Just don't see how his name being there does any good warning folks about anything.

Don't renage on a 25 000$ deal and act an arse about it,pretty simple.Not like he'll be buying anything from Beechview cemetary

35 minutes ago, porcupine48 said:

Well,maybe Adam will come around and chime in.If he says okay,then it's off,no poll? I know we couldn't stop folks from talking about it,heck,it might start up with just me bringing it up.

I know Joey was 100% wrong and not trying to take away that it was terrible.Just don't see how him being on the list,being dead,is going to help warn anyone.That's what the lists are for right?He wont be coming back in any form.

If Adam says go,then so be it,if no-well so be it.I'd rather not feed the wolves with another drama from as you said,twelve years ago with a poll.Joeys dead,he can't vote and even though there's no excuse for what he did,he can't speak for himself.

I just don't see why it needs to stay.The man is dead.There's no warning anyone about him or ToS is there?

This is a little touchy emotional for me,so I'll just see what happens.Hopefully Adam doesn't mind a dead mans name being removed as there's no way Joey can make it up to him

If you are asking me, I can't make that decision. I don't even know if I participated in the vote for HOS. I understand you don't want bashing and I can try to keep an eye out for that, but it's a board decision by members, I don't make those. I don't see myself as in charge. I don't believe my  Mod "powers" are ones that would entitle me to change a decision that was made by a community vote.:sorry: