• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

On 6/8/2021 at 9:03 PM, skypinkblu said:
On 6/8/2021 at 4:51 PM, mattn792 said:

Me personally, I just replace the price with "sold" to avoid any confusion as to the book's availability.  Additionally, the list price may not be accurate if the book was sold over a pm.  No malice intended :foryou:

I write sold in red, after the price. I also write who I sold it to, so I don't get confused, lol.

I do the same. I take the time to put a strike through the price and then a red SOLD! afterward.

On 6/11/2021 at 9:07 PM, KPR Comics said:

I don't think there is ill intent, but I'm at a loss as to why people delete the price.  I use either the strikethrough or leave the price and mark SOLD.  Transparency is good for the marketplace.

It also helps if there is a problem and you don't get into a 'they said it was priced this and this' scenario.

I just had a seller quote me the wrong price (honest mistake) and I had to remind him of the price in their listing. So it does happen.

9 minutes ago, VintageComics said:

It also helps if there is a problem and you don't get into a 'they said it was priced this and this' scenario.

I just had a seller quote me the wrong price (honest mistake) and I had to remind him of the price in their listing. So it does happen.

Leaving the actual price it sold for also helps if someone purchases several and then decides to return only one. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

I generally put the price and pic in a spoiler after an item sells. I greatly prefer buyers to quote the item(s) and price(s) in their take it post but for some reason not everyone does. That keeps things clearest IMO.

I've got a stack of read-once-by-me SA/BA/80's Marvel omnibuses I'm ready to dump.

Where do you sell stuff like that? GA/SA/BA sales forum? 

On 7/25/2021 at 1:52 PM, TupennyConan said:

I've got a stack of read-once-by-me SA/BA/80's Marvel omnibuses I'm ready to dump.

Your safest bet is probably the mixed age thread. 

You could break it up into two threads and post the SA/BA in the "GA/SA/BA" and the rest with the Copper / Modern section. 

Good luck! 

On 7/25/2021 at 1:52 PM, TupennyConan said:

I put the ones I listed in mixed, because where they belong still seems to be up in the air.  Personally, I think G/S/B is fine, but I don't think the Admins agree with me.

On 7/25/2021 at 3:20 PM, skypinkblu said:

I put the ones I listed in mixed, because where they belong still seems to be up in the air.  Personally, I think G/S/B is fine, but I don't think the Admins agree with me.

Their content might've been originally published in the 60's-80's but these bricks were all published [reprinted that content] in the 21st century.

So, mixed? 

On 7/25/2021 at 3:30 PM, TupennyConan said:

Their content might've been originally published in the 60's-80's but these bricks were all published [reprinted that content] in the 21st century.

So, mixed? 

Safest place and they will sell there.

On 7/25/2021 at 3:38 PM, skypinkblu said:
On 7/25/2021 at 3:30 PM, TupennyConan said:

So, mixed? 

Safest place and they will sell there.

There's a thread in G/S/B where you can alert people of things in Mixed, right? I'd put a message there, too.

On 7/25/2021 at 2:59 PM, ttfitz said:

There's a thread in G/S/B where you can alert people of things in Mixed, right? I'd put a message there, too.

The thread is a sticky at top of G/S/B forum, and it's called "Misc. Forum Alert!"

But it's funny - every time I see it I think "oh, some alert! about some misc. topic on the forums."

Edited by grebal
but I think as ttfitz said, the sticky is a heads up about a thread in the "Mixed Age Threads and Misc" forum

Can we have a page number limit on sales threads?

How hard is it to close one after say 10 pages and start another?

Some go for 30, 40, 50 ,60+ pages.

I buy books, but I really can't be bothered to go through all those pages to see whats sold or not, or look at an update list on page 37, and find the book on page 19, and it isn't what I'm looking for.

I know I'm not the only one who thinks this.

Easier for buyers to see the books, easier for sellers to keep the thread organised.

I, and quite a few others, just skip long existing sales threads.

10 pages is reasonable, surely?

On 7/31/2021 at 7:49 PM, Beige said:

Can we have a page number limit on sales threads?

How hard is it to close one after say 10 pages and start another?

Some go for 30, 40, 50 ,60+ pages.

I buy books, but I really can't be bothered to go through all those pages to see whats sold or not, or look at an update list on page 37, and find the book on page 19, and it isn't what I'm looking for.

I know I'm not the only one who thinks this.

Easier for buyers to see the books, easier for sellers to keep the thread organised.

I, and quite a few others, just skip long existing sales threads.

10 pages is reasonable, surely?

:gossip: Azkaban sale of Dons collection is up to about 580 pages.. 

Edited by onlyweaknesskryptonite
580 pages not 850 ..

As a seller I would never have a sale thread that went hundreds of pages. Seems very unwieldy to me. I'd stop one thread and start up again in a new thread.

However....

That's a personal choice and if someone else wants to have a sales thread that long and they're comfortable with it, I have no beef with that. We certainly don't need to start limiting sales page counts. This place is effed up enough as it is without instituting such arbitrary rules.