• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

I have no idea what C'YA means. Nick is Frugal not cheap. :baiting:

Me neither. For the record, Nick is the easiest person to work with here on the boards, while he is frugal, you aren't? Spending money left and right is for Bill Gates. I have done multiple transactions with Nick now and here is what I've found

1. He is more than willing to work with you. We had an issue with my sucky packaging before i improved, and he kindly waited it out.

2. He is just an all out nice dude

I am perfectly fine saying this now that this is the general discussion thread, at least Nick doesn't back out of deals because people send invoices $5 too high, and correct their mistake within 10 minutes. :cool:

This answer, in its entirety, is to be expected. It's not a mistake if you planned it. (thumbs u

Normally I spend little or no time defending myself because I do not feel the need. Guess I feel the need now. lol I also feel the need to respond RMA style.

Quite a few accusations here.

Did I really plan it Branget? Go find the email! Shipping was more than I even expected, I was already eating $20 shipping with that invoice. I accidentally typed the wrong number thinking that it was something else.

From the email

GIJOE - "I see you canceled the invoice. I decided I would just do $310 with free shipping. That way I can get a more accurate shipping quote. Do I need to reinvoice you. Thanks"

Not seeing how you accidentally typed that number. hm

You are a cheapskate and a flake and you know it.

Funny that my opinion of Bosco is that of being cheap and so you call me a troll. What are you doing with this comment?

I don't care how many good transactions you have, you completely gipped me and you know it.

We never completed a transaction. (shrug)

You "allocated funds for another transaction" in about 15 minutes. You walked all over me. I got you pictures, I dug out every issue you knew you would need for your registry sets, I dealt with your aggressive negotiation tactics, and you backed out of the transaction.

Aggressive negotiating tactics? lol I suck when it comes to negotiating and overpay more often than I should. I should start being more aggressive. You put in work to complete a sale that didn't happen. We have all been there. I personally call it a learning experience. I never backed out of any deal with you. Agreeing on a price and then receiving an invoice for more is a red flag for me so I passed.

The only reason you aren't on the Probation list this very second is because it was partially and VERY partially my fault. I never cheated you and you know that. I was more than willing to compensate for my mistake, but you wouldn't let me. You got cold feet and backed out.

When you make a counter-offer that is rejected then there is no deal. I am not on the probation list because I do not belong there. I never claimed that you cheated me. I am well aware that you did not. Compensate? What compensation? I did get "cold feet". Your behavior raised a red flag for me.

I am relatively OK to forgive and forget, but when you start calling someone else a flake, and you know good and well you are one yourself, that doesn't fly.

Again with the name calling? I don't recall calling anyone a flake.

Like I said, I know you have a reputation here, but so do I.

Agreed. We each have a reputation here. hm

And you cheated me and you know it, so DO NOT blast my boardie buddies without ANY evidence whatsoever. Also, do NOT say I tried to cheat you, when in reality, you screwed me.

Never cheated and never screwed. Please see above. There was also no blasting but apparently with my "trolling ways" I was hoping for a blasting? I stated why I have my opinion of Nick. Am I not entitled to an opinion?

I don't know how RMA does this. I won't be doing this again. :ohnoez:

(tsk)

You Methinks you can't "case closed" a "case closed" you have to admit defeat or escalate to "end of story" or "nuff said"

:rulez:

*Google translator now has "comic book message board". :foryou:

:D

lol

Not aimed directly at you. But this thread and the PL Discussion thread, which are often indistinguishable these days, seem to fall into vitriol loops on the reg...like we're all seething with animosity under the surface, just waiting to regurgitate upon one another at the drop of a slightly inflated shipping rate.

Not aimed directly at you. But this thread and the PL Discussion thread, which are often indistinguishable these days, seem to fall into vitriol loops on the reg...like we're all seething with animosity under the surface, just waiting to regurgitate upon one another at the drop of a slightly inflated shipping rate.

I blame superhero comics. It is fuel for the "white knight" syndrome and when there is a lack of actual transgressions then it gets petty. A hero needs a victim and when there are none then playing the victim fits the bill. (thumbs u

Oy vey. Can we get a new thread (maybe a whole section is needed) for fighting and trolling each other?

doh! I thought this was the place for fighting and trolling each other, so sales threads and threads with topics stayed clean.

Glad I didn't post the personal attack I planned.

It wouldn't have to be this way if folks would let things go (imagined or otherwise).

I came on here yesterday to talk about Copper Age comics, comic book-based movies, Water Cooler kidding around and having fun, and then came over to the sales threads to see what was going on. It wasn't to have someone play troll for a day/week/month/quarter, and then act like he didn't.

Folks like that should be who you are aiming this statement at, and take a stance.