• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

I sell a book as a 7.0 and low and behold it reappears as a "9.2" with no evidence of being pressed. No problem really, I am glad someone thinks I undergrade :banana:

Just bothers me that the same person complained that I can't grade, so I refunded him all his money for this lot (including the magic 9.2 book) and told him to keep the books I want him to be happy.

He then bumps it to a 9.2 and flips it here on the boards (it is in the same mylar and full back i sent him so i know it is the same book)

Still not a problem, but he paints a bad picture of me in my WTB thread as 'blocking him" unnecessarily.

For the record, I believe I have a good reason to block him.

This is not true. You asked me how the books looked. I had only looked through a few of them, and I said that two of them were 0.5 lower than listed. You blew up, and refunded ALL of the money before I even asked (As I had NO INTENT of asking you to do so) This wasn't even the book in question. I found your grading fine. I stated that two of the books were low, and that "I'll re look over the books again when I get home (thumbs u "

Why would you keep the books and all the money?

He refunded all the money for no reason. I couldn't even do anything because he removed himself from the PM AND put me on ignore!

Do you find this happens often?

Wait I am confused... How do you complain about under grading? Doesn't that mean he called it a 7.0 when it was really an 8? Who on earth complains about that..... (Except for me and the one time I called up CGC to person_without_enough_empathy them out for giving my book a grade higher than I thought it deserved)

No, I stated that when I opened the box, two of the books seemed to be lower grade then anticipated, but I would re look them over when I got home. He then Blew up and refunded, didn't allow me to return, told me to keep them, "removed self from topic", and ignored me.

so he just blew up for no reason? hm why would he do that without first having a discussion as to why grades were off. then decide on returning the books or a partial refund if acceptable to both parties. seems simple enough.

]Someone said you undergraded books and you refunded the money?

Can you do me a favour and start a new selling thread?

lol

:wishluck::wishluck:

And I agree with Dr.X - can't most of these issues be resolved via PM? I guess it's cool to air out your dirty laundry for the sake of :popcorn: but no one ever comes out looking great from these types of situations.

Wait I am confused... How do you complain about under grading? Doesn't that mean he called it a 7.0 when it was really an 8? Who on earth complains about that..... (Except for me and the one time I called up CGC to person_without_enough_empathy them out for giving my book a grade higher than I thought it deserved)

No, I stated that when I opened the box, two of the books seemed to be lower grade then anticipated, but I would re look them over when I got home. He then Blew up and refunded, didn't allow me to return, told me to keep them, "removed self from topic", and ignored me.

What do you mean, "Didn't allow you to return" ?

There's a return address on his package, right? I don't think he has the power to prevent you from using the US Mail.

OK, thank you for clarifying that. (thumbs u But can't two graders grade differently?

In addition. NPGresham, in the thread where I apologized to you (after convincing you to take me off of ignore.) I clearly stated I was more than happy to refund you some or all of the money as I NEVER intended you to refund ANY!

Offer a refund reversal after being caught in a sticky situation. hm

There's a return address on his package, right? I don't think he has the power to prevent you from using the US Mail.

Good point. I am happy to refund the money. But NPGresham, you did state "Keep the books, I'm sending a refund I'm done with this deal"

Why can't two parties work this stuff out through P.M.s or a telephone call. If someone is not happy with the assigned grades on a book, send them back for a refund, plain and simple. If you're grading needs some fine tuning, talk with someone who can help you fine tune it. (shrug)

Run a test. Sell books to GI and follow your advice. Let me know how it works out. :)

Why can't two parties work this stuff out through P.M.s or a telephone call. If someone is not happy with the assigned grades on a book, send them back for a refund, plain and simple. If you're grading needs some fine tuning, talk with someone who can help you fine tune it. (shrug)

Run a test. Sell books to GI and follow your advice. Let me know how it works out. :)

I've sold lots on this board, and only had to do a partial refund 2 times. One because of bad packaging, (I was new) and one because of a grade disagreement.

NP Gresham, I would like this to have gone to PM. I have had multiple copies of this book, there is a chance this is another copy. When I looked it over, I saw it as 9.0/9.2. I would appreciate a PM from you. I did not want a refund by any means, and as you know, I never asked for it. Please PM me so we can resolve this issue. Another board member looked over the issue when I offered it to him, and he also graded it upper eights lower 9's. Please PM me. I am not being dishonest by any means.

lol

Interesting that this feedback is not the 1st. And so closely after preaching to me from the soap box. Priceless.

Good point, but I tried to speak with you, and you continued ignoring me via email.

Uhhmmm.....no.

Good point. I am happy to refund the money. But NPGresham, you did state "Keep the books, I'm sending a refund I'm done with this deal"

Well, to be fair, he never said he wouldn't rake you over the coal in public when you resold the "over graded 7.0" as a "9.2", did he?

Before he was just upset you disagreed with him.

Now he's looking at what you said then and what you're saying now and feeling like he got taken.

You've got his mailing address from the package. You've got his paypal address from his refund. You don't need anything from him to make it right.

I've sold lots on this board, and only had to do a partial refund 2 times. One because of bad packaging, (I was new) and one because of a grade disagreement.

And how many times have you complained about what you bought and asked threatened to try and get a partial refund?

Your money is refunded NPGreasham. I hope boardies will continue to do business with me in the future. I made a mistake and I made it right. I feel as if this book is really a 9.0/9.2. Either way, in the future, if any of you have any issues with me whatsoever, please send me a PM so I can make it right (thumbs u