• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

Not aimed directly at you. But this thread and the PL Discussion thread, which are often indistinguishable these days, seem to fall into vitriol loops on the reg...like we're all seething with animosity under the surface, just waiting to regurgitate upon one another at the drop of a slightly inflated shipping rate.

It wouldn't have to be this way if folks would let things go (imagined or otherwise).

I came on here yesterday to talk about Copper Age comics, comic book-based movies, Water Cooler kidding around and having fun, and then came over to the sales threads to see what was going on. It wasn't to have someone play troll for a day/week/month/quarter, and then act like he didn't.

Folks like that should be who you are aiming this statement at, and take a stance.

I truly feel sorry for you. :(

Good luck. :foryou:

Oy vey. Can we get a new thread (maybe a whole section is needed) for fighting and trolling each other?who's going to what con and who's going to be there etc etc

Going to WWNO tomorrow. After that a local show in March and likely the Comic Art show on the 30th. Niagara Falls and Heroes in June followed by FanExpo in August. I am considering going to Baltimore/Cincy on the same weekend in Sept. not sure where to go in the last quarter. You?

So...uh.... is anyone going to Boston Comic Con this year? :popcorn:

I'll be there, buddy. If you don't see me I'm likely to be standing at the GACollectibles booth getting myself lost in Andy's dreaminess while my wife stands beside me looking bored and staring into her phone.

Not aimed directly at you. But this thread and the PL Discussion thread, which are often indistinguishable these days, seem to fall into vitriol loops on the reg...like we're all seething with animosity under the surface, just waiting to regurgitate upon one another at the drop of a slightly inflated shipping rate.

It wouldn't have to be this way if folks would let things go (imagined or otherwise).

I came on here yesterday to talk about Copper Age comics, comic book-based movies, Water Cooler kidding around and having fun, and then came over to the sales threads to see what was going on. It wasn't to have someone play troll for a day/week/month/quarter, and then act like he didn't.

Folks like that should be who you are aiming this statement at, and take a stance.

I hear you man. The thing is, trolling loses its power if you just ignore it. And people know when they're reading some trolling...you don't have to worry that it will actually be effective in tarnishing your rep.

Either that, or troll right back (reverse trolling can be fun :) )...or give it an :eyeroll: and move on. When you fall into the trap, as ALLCAPSISAWESOME did last night, you don't make yourself look good, and whoever may be trolling you just sits back and laughs.

Oy vey. Can we get a new thread (maybe a whole section is needed) for fighting and trolling each other?who's going to what con and who's going to be there etc etc

Going to WWNO tomorrow. After that a local show in March and likely the Comic Art show on the 30th. Niagara Falls and Heroes in June followed by FanExpo in August. I am considering going to Baltimore/Cincy on the same weekend in Sept. not sure where to go in the last quarter. You?

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=postlist&Board=43&PHPSESSID=

And I don't travel to shows. :sumo: I'm satisfied with NYCC bringing itself to me every year.

Jeff, I very much feel sorry for you. You're the one that has to attack people. Nobody made a comment about you because the majority of folks here don't act like that.

I am sorry your life is this miserable, trolling is your joy. I hope it gets better for you. :foryou:

Jeff, I very much feel sorry for you. You're the one that has to attack people. Nobody made a comment about you because the majority of folks here don't act like that.

I am sorry your life is this miserable, trolling is your joy. I hope it gets better for you. :foryou:

I'll be there, buddy. If you don't see me I'm likely to be standing at the GACollectibles booth getting myself lost in Andy's dreaminess while my wife stands beside me looking bored and staring into her phone.

(thumbs u Nice! I'll see you there!

Working nights, I wake up with Mrs. Hado, make her lunch and ship her off to work.

Then I have a coffee and catch up on here before having a nap.

I need a new routine :facepalm:

lol

:shy: I'll be there this year too. Missed the past few years. Any interest in trying to organize a lunch/dinner? We did a couple a few years back and it was a lot of fun.

:shy: I'll be there this year too. Missed the past few years. Any interest in trying to organize a lunch/dinner? We did a couple a few years back and it was a lot of fun.

Sure. I'm in.

Sure. I'm in.

(thumbs u I'll start a thread in the events section once we get closer to the date.

But that could be just about any one of us! :insane: