• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

I do it when there's a book that's selling at a nice price that either can't or don't want to buy.

and I do too... but when I see a book get a "nice price!" comment (and it doesnt set off the sarcasm radar) and then I look at GPA and see the price is 20% over GPA history then I get confused...and suspicious...

I do it when there's a book that's selling at a nice price that either can't or don't want to buy.

and I do too... but when I see a book get a "nice price!" comment (and it doesnt set off the sarcasm radar) and then I look at GPA and see the price is 20% over GPA history then I get confused...and suspicious...

Understandable, Met, but again I do not follow each and every book and there are some books which are trending upwards in quite an incredible way. Not that they are not bound to stop and/or fall, but that’s it…

Should mystery box sales threads be placed in the Mixed Age Thread and Miscellaneous section?? Seems there are books involved that overlap both the silver-bronze and copper-modern standards.

Just curious to what people think.

I think it depends on the contents of the box.

If I'm just selling a New 52 Mystery box and that's it, then probably copper modern is ok.

Should mystery box sales threads be placed in the Mixed Age Thread and Miscellaneous section?? Seems there are books involved that overlap both the silver-bronze and copper-modern standards.

Just curious to what people think.

I've always posted mine in copper/modern because the majority of the items are copper/modern.

The over/under on what can be defined as "nearly flawless" is 18 flaws.

so when you see someone pipe up in a sales thread saying a book is "a great price" or something... when it isnt... do you assume the poster is a)ignorant or b)a friend who's pseudo-shilling the book for his buddy trying to help convince someone that it really is a great deal...

hm

Or they are selling a similar book or are about to put one up or sale.

Or close one thread and list it in a new thread at a higher price. lol

That's just smart business bro.

I think symbi is a schmo for his past dealings, but the piling on and threadcrapping in his first thread was out of control. I suggested he start a new thread. As always, buyers are responsible for doing due diligence when looking at from whom they're buying. Caveat emptor, right? But yeah, the threadcrapping, I don't like it even in those cases.

Or close one thread and list it in a new thread at a higher price. lol

That's just smart business bro.

I think symbi is a schmo for his past dealings, but the piling on and threadcrapping in his first thread was out of control. I suggested he start a new thread. As always, buyers are responsible for doing due diligence when looking at from whom they're buying. Caveat emptor, right? But yeah, the threadcrapping, I don't like it even in those cases.

Duly noted.

This sales thread is a disaster

Pretty sure he either lives in NY or Atlanta. Not anywhere close to Vegas...

The plot thickens...

Yes it is! :facepalm: I bailed on the deal once I got more intel on the OP! (tsk)

:golfclap: