• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

Did you have any PM negotiations or just :takeit: the book outright?

He sent me a PM ~2am asking if I was still interested, I responded ~10pm the same day that I was, he responded 2 minutes later saying he sold the book. That was our PM interaction.

2:00 AM to 10:00 PM would be 20 hrs. later. It may just be the length of time between responses that caused the mix up.

20 hour gap between replies is pretty lengthy, but Tuffy did say he wanted the book if the original deal fellt hrough ???

Since both buyers are gentlemen, there is no issue. However, this may mean the end of the 'Take It' as we thought we knew it. Apparently it is okay to simply ignore it and move on to sell to someone else. Precedent has been set.

Since both buyers are gentlemen, there is no issue. However, this may mean the end of the 'Take It' as we thought we knew it. Apparently it is okay to simply ignore it and move on to sell to someone else. Precedent has been set.

Precedents abound on these boards sir... surely you have seen that by now ;)

:D

xxx ooo

Rupp

I have a magical device called a smart phone. :idea:

And I don't know why you're being do defensive about this - no one is questioning what YOU did. Just the strange actions by a seller. :insane:

Is my post count too high for you or something? :sorry:

I have a magical device called a smart phone. :idea:

And I don't know why you're being do defensive about this - no one is questioning what YOU did. Just the strange actions by a seller. :insane:

Is my post count too high for you or something? :sorry:

I say good someone is watching the store. (thumbs u

Harvey surely you have more in your life going on than these boards?

I often wonder that myself.

Randy..its your book. You've paid for it and that's the end of the story. I really see no additional reason to continue the witch hunt.

If others want to do more "digging" into an non-issue, then let them waste their time.

tumblr_m4xzwvFztU1r334wco1_250.gif

So, what we've learned from this incident is the first :takeit: in the thread doesn't mean anything if the seller decides to go with someone else even though there is no rule specifying that. :popcorn:

At the end of the day, the :takeit: sign is worthless unless you have a seller who wants to sell to a prospective buyer.

In the land of internet, you cannot force a seller to part with something to someone he wishes to not transact with.

Fairly simple...

In defense of Tuffy, while 20 hours between replies is a long time, not everyone has a smart phone and not everyone is constantly checking their emails. People do have jobs, families, sick kids etc. Tuffy did say I will take it if the 1st deal fell through and I assume he saw no further need to check his emails on an hourly basis. If the deal fell through, he just assumed the book would be his with his I'll take it.

Edited by Jordysnordy

tumblr_m4xzwvFztU1r334wco1_250.gif

So, what we've learned from this incident is the first :takeit: in the thread doesn't mean anything if the seller decides to go with someone else even though there is no rule specifying that. :popcorn:

At the end of the day, the :takeit: sign is worthless unless you have a seller who wants to sell to a prospective buyer.

In the land of internet, you cannot force a seller to part with something to someone he wishes to not transact with.

Fairly simple...

So you're saying that the probation list is only applicable for non-paying buyers or sellers that don't ship books? I get it. :cool:

I don't think it is cut and dried either way.

If you analogize to a supermarket purchase, as soon as one person (potential buyer) puts an item back, any person should be able to pick it up and buy it under the same terms. That makes it look like Tuffy should get it.

If you analogize it to some types of business deals, the item often cannot be marketed or sold while the offer is pending, and only after the offer is rejected can a new offer be tendered or accepted. In that instance, Tuffy's provisional "I'll Take It" would have no effect and Comeaux gets it.

Fortunately, for those involved, cooler heads have prevailed. Going forward, best practices would be to either remove or expressly allow provisional "I'll Take It" in the Terms & Conditions of each sales thread.

Harvey surely you have more in your life going on than these boards?

I often wonder that myself.

Randy..its your book. You've paid for it and that's the end of the story. I really see no additional reason to continue the witch hunt.

If others want to do more "digging" into an non-issue, then let them waste their time.

Thanks Brock, I definitely understand that there were some questionable issues but it seems that one person in particular was overly obsessive and was posting links to the sales thread in the general discussion thread within 9 hours of the transaction when there was no information even known yet. This person did not know what was transpiring between PM yet felt it was imperative that he spend every waking hour stalking this book sale.

As I’ve said before, it’s just a comic and I’m not going to fight over it. I also have a family that I spend time with so I’m not going to stalk this forum with my smart phone or computer.

Regardless of all of this, I’ve communicated with the seller and can understand why he did not sell the book to Tuffy but as soon as the book is in my hands I will offer it up to Tuffy if he still wants it.

This is my last post on this topic … Hopefully Harvey can now find another sandbox to go play in.