• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

He touched me inappropriately. :cry:

What he did to me personally - nothing really. I mean, I spent a lot of time discussing everything with him back in November and him saying how much he loves this place and money isn't everything and really wants to be a member of this community and :blahblah: . I spoke out with a few others to defend him and say - "give a chance!" :preach:

He repaid this by continuing on doing what he was doing. Then I saw him come back a few months later - I saw a new crop of people come out to defend him. And again, he returns the favor by doing the same thing he did before.

This guy is scum. Plain and simple. I don't like scum. (shrug)

I treat him no different than bigboytoys or any of the other losers that pass through these forums. He's just a little nuttier which makes it a little more fun. ;)

You took the time and effort to do the work -- and it is work. Well done.

Maybe didn't want to sale it to tuffy. He has the right, to sale to who he wants too.

I think you meant "sail". 2c

Yeah, that one is like nails on a chalkboard for me.. :blush: .but I'm sure if that's what he meant he would OF said that.

:shy:

Maybe didn't want to sale it to tuffy. He has the right, to sale to who he wants too.

I think you meant "sail". 2c

Yeah, that one is like nails on a chalkboard for me.. :blush: .but I'm sure if that's what he meant he would OF said that.

:shy:

Would of, could of, should of. :D

See my post from 7:55pm yesterday. It was from that point forward that whoever posted the :takeit: got the book. Comeaux was the first one to post it. He gets the book.

well that's a new one...

See my post from 7:55pm yesterday. It was from that point forward that whoever posted the :takeit: got the book. Comeaux was the first one to post it. He gets the book.

well that's a new one...

Imagine the games to be played! :roflmao:

Not an issue unless Tuffy says it's an issue. Comeaux has diplomatically stated his position. Nothing to see here.

True but Tuffy did comment in bewilderment. I think it would be nice to know the logic the seller applied. I saw you commented in the thread that Tuffy's bid was conditional. IMO, that's a real technicality. I would hate to see a precedent set for new threads where we can simply start all over and disregard a previous Take It.

Not an issue unless Tuffy says it's an issue. Comeaux has diplomatically stated his position. Nothing to see here.

True but Tuffy did comment in bewilderment. I think it would be nice to know the logic the seller applied. I saw you commented in the thread that Tuffy's bid was conditional. IMO, that's a real technicality. I would hate to see a precedent set for new threads where we can simply start all over and disregard a previous Take It.

TOTALLY agree w/you.

Here's what I'm seeing. Let me know if I'm wrong in any of this please. OP posts book at $540 or Best Offer. Get's a PM and enters into negotiations with PM'er. Puts book on hold while negotiating (good move by all involved at this point). Tuffy says :takeit: if the deal falls through, meaning he accepts all of OPs conditions if the book comes back onto the market. At some point negotiations between OP and PMer fall through. OP sees Tuffy's :takeit: ignores and never contacts Tuffy about it. Posts that the book is back on the market and drops the price to $520. Comeaux throws up the :takeit: at $520

If only the Green Lantern movie had as much interest as this Green Lantern slab.

I think some people think that once something is 'on hold', the book is not on sale at that time, and offers (unconditional or otherwise) are not being accepted AT ALL. To the seller, and many others, the book is not for sale right at that moment.

If you make an offer on a book that's not RIGHT AT THIS MOMENT FOR SALE, that's all you've done. You're not accepting the offer of a seller and creating a contract. You're making an offer TO the potential seller to buy at a certain price, which they can accept or decline or ignore.

Sure Revat, that's fine. So the question then is, why did the OP look at Tuffy's offer of $540 paypal shipped and say naw thanks anyway, I would rather do this deal for $520 paypal shipped. I could understand if it was the other way around, then sure that makes sense.

Sure Revat, that's fine. So the question then is, why did the OP look at Tuffy's offer of $540 paypal shipped and say naw thanks anyway, I would rather do this deal for $520 paypal shipped. I could understand if it was the other way around, then sure that makes sense.

I agree that your question is very reasonable to ask. I just don't think the seller owes anyone an answer.