• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

tumblr_m4xzwvFztU1r334wco1_250.gif

So, what we've learned from this incident is the first :takeit: in the thread doesn't mean anything if the seller decides to go with someone else even though there is no rule specifying that. :popcorn:

At the end of the day, the :takeit: sign is worthless unless you have a seller who wants to sell to a prospective buyer.

In the land of internet, you cannot force a seller to part with something to someone he wishes to not transact with.

Fairly simple...

So you're saying that the probation list is only applicable for non-paying buyers or sellers that don't ship books? I get it. :cool:

I'm pretty much saying that the PL list effectively means nothing...

Funny thing is - I didn't even initially see it - it's a low grade, non-Batman DC = meh

Someone PMed me and asked me my thoughts. I posted it here in the :news: GENERAL DISCUSSION :news: thread to see what others thought. :o

As far as having a wife and kid - I have both. I spend as much time with my wife and 11 month old before they go to bed early everyday. It's my favorite part of my day. :cloud9: So, maybe we can have a contest for husband or father of the year next year? hm My job involves spending a lot of time either sitting in court, sitting in traffic or sitting behind my desk - I love this place, what other sandbox would you recommend? :popcorn:

So, what we've learned from this incident is the first :takeit: in the thread doesn't mean anything if the seller decides to go with someone else even though there is no rule specifying that. :popcorn:

At the end of the day, the :takeit: sign is worthless unless you have a seller who wants to sell to a prospective buyer.

In the land of internet, you cannot force a seller to part with something to someone he wishes to not transact with.

Fairly simple...

So you're saying that the probation list is only applicable for non-paying buyers or sellers that don't ship books? I get it. :cool:

I wondered who solarcadet was referring to...

Edited by highradart

Fairly simple...

He's not referring to me. I have bought nothing from him, nor have I sold anything to him. But at the end of the day, if someone (anyone) truly wanted to transact with another, do you believe a list created on an internet site would stop them??

Funny thing is - I didn't even initially see it - it's a low grade, non-Batman DC = meh

Someone PMed me and asked me my thoughts. I posted it here in the :news: GENERAL DISCUSSION :news: thread to see what others thought. :o

As far as having a wife and kid - I have both. I spend as much time with my wife and 11 month old before they go to bed early everyday. It's my favorite part of my day. :cloud9: So, maybe we can have a contest for husband or father of the year next year? hm My job involves spending a lot if time either sitting in court, sitting in traffic or sitting behind my desk - I love this place, what other sandbox would you recommend? :popcorn:

This is all getting waaay to personal.

Justin may, or may not, be everyone's cup of tea. I get that he upsets people.

But he has done some seriously good 'organising' of threads, started the 'Giving Tree' and other stuff as well. Really good stuff.

I'm sure his work/life balance is fine, just as I'm certain Mrs Swick would stop all CGC board access if Mr Swick was ignoring his family.

This is all over as far as this issue is concerned.

Extinguish the torches, and put down the pitchforks. Nothing to see here.

I'm sure something else will appear in the next week or two......

Fairly simple...

He's not referring to me. I have bought nothing from him, nor have I sold anything to him. But at the end of the day, if someone (anyone) truly wanted to transact with another, do you believe a list created on an internet site would stop them??

Sorry but your comment sounded exactly like what he was spouting. Even though its true (we all know it happens), it doesn't help the few people here that try to keep the shenanigans to a minimum.

Edited by highradart

When you post about fathers, I get nervous. My dad, much more so.

My dad is in China right now and he just recently figured out how to use the boards. hm

Say "ni hao" to him for me, please. :hi:

I post HERE so as to not keep bumping a closed sales thread. :idea:

It's called the "General Discussion" thread. :idea:

It's called threadcrapping. Nobody but the three involved should have posted any questions about the sale.