• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

Oh by the way jimmy the seller said to me he did open the dispute and accused me if not paying. It wasn't automatically opened.

Looks like the rules have changed and you can now open a non paying bidder dispute after just 2 days.

If you don't receive payment, you can open an unpaid item case in the Resolution Center as soon as 2 full days (48 hours) after the listing ends. For example, if the listing ends on October 5 at 11:15 am, you can open a case on October 7 at 11:15 am.

That is crazy. I guess I am stuck in 1999. doh!

You and me both.

I don't mind seller sending an invoice. But numerous invoices within a span of 2hrs? Yeah that's called demanding and spamming. I pay within a reasonable time. If seller requires immediate payment then I either message them and let them know if I can't pay and work it out with the seller.

Seems like people not reading and comprehending. Seller never stated payment terms and no communication and I get a dispute. I've bought books on here and I've always pay on time. If I had any issues I would communicate with the seller.

So with all the issues that came up and I'm not allowed to leave a negative? What's the point of having a feedback system. So I should just sit back and let sellers do whatever they want? If you put payment terms and I didn't follow them then yes it wash fault but he didn't put payment terms. We put terms here in the sales guide lines.

If you have the capability to receive emails indicating that you've received an invoice then you also have the capability to pay said invoice. If you don't currently have the funds to pay said invoice you shouldn't have been bidding and purchasing the item(s) in question in the first place.

You can't fault a seller for opening an unpaid item case against you after 48 hours when the seller is merely using the system put in place by eBay. Pay your debts and those annoying invoices and npb cases go away.

I agree Oak. If money is so tight that you cant pay for your item immediately then perhaps it is not a good time to be buying expensive comics. I don't mean that to be rude or insulting in any way, but just basic economics.

Anyways I'm done....seems like questions brings out the...

Asking for advice and then fighting those that seek to give because it's not what you want to hear is generally what brings out the butthurt on these boards.

Take some responsibility for your actions and provide your eBay ID.

I don't understand,why would you not pay as soon as the auction ends? (shrug)

Because some people don't sit around waiting for comic book auctions to end?

:popcorn:

The only time I wait to pay is when a seller has multiple items ending at different times and I want to combine shipping. When I win the first one I message to let them know I'm bidding on other items and would like to wait until they conclude to pay.

Basically, if I buy an item I want it now, and the sooner I pay the sooner it gets shipped and into my paws.

Because some people don't sit around waiting for comic book auctions to end?

:popcorn:

I guess the next time I have a bid on an item that ends at 2 am, I need to set my alarm so that I can get up and paypal it. Lord knows it can't wait until morning, or *gasp* the afternoon???? That's crazy talk.