• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

That's the plan. Fatten you up, get your comics. Pure genius.

I can see that concept: I'll die before she does, she'll sell my comics and buy an extended Carribbean trip and get pampered by cabana boys.

Of course, I collect Red Sonja and 90's comics, so she'd be lucky to get a tank of fuel and get groped by the transients behind the gas station with the proceeds of my collection. lol

Haven't you heard, Brigette Nielsen is going to reprise her Red Sonja role in a new movie - prices will skyrocket (:

Then and now

41Mph2QwAfL.jpg

Brigitte-Nielsen_1.jpg

I can see that concept: I'll die before she does, she'll sell my comics and buy an extended Carribbean trip and get pampered by cabana boys.

Of course, I collect Red Sonja and 90's comics, so she'd be lucky to get a tank of fuel and get groped by the transients behind the gas station with the proceeds of my collection. lol

Haven't you heard, Brigette Nielsen is going to reprise her Red Sonja role in a new movie - prices will skyrocket (:

Then and now

41Mph2QwAfL.jpg

Brigitte-Nielsen_1.jpg

giphy.gif

Never rely on Roy to explain my actions.

I do not agree that short answers are not answers, wrong or partial. They can be easy to read and concise. Roy insists on length which I assume means he believes size matters.

I did not agree with your statement and suggested taking a poll.

OK, sorry.

In fact, I did not say short answers are not answers. They just need to be enough clear. English has become de facto an international language, and we are on an international forum, and no matter the language, I always try my best to be clear.

Then and now

41Mph2QwAfL.jpg

Brigitte-Nielsen_1.jpg

giphy.gif

+1,000,000

There really is no black and white, "this is the right grade", be all and end all grading perfection that is 100% right all of the time. Most of the time we are just in a close range. Some people are just closer in range than others.

And so that begs the question, which grading standard is correct?

The one in the CGC holder last week? This week? This dealer who is tighter than CGC or that dealer who isn't?

I personally don't remember the last time I looked at a seller's grade and decided whether I was going to buy a book or not based on their assigned grade. I assign my own grades and my own price points on all of my purchases. ... I'd only expect a refund if there was a hidden defect that would prevent me from accurately grading a book.

I like this.

I do think that there is a community consensus as to what is a loose grade vs. overgrading.

And I think that's why PGM works and is a popular thread. Our community has a reasonably consistent understanding of how a book can exist comfortably within a small range of grades.

This understanding is hard to define but it is clear to many when a book is assigned a grade outside of community standards.

And so that begs the question, which grading standard is correct?

The one in the CGC holder last week? This week? This dealer who is tighter than CGC or that dealer who isn't?

I personally don't remember the last time I looked at a seller's grade and decided whether I was going to buy a book or not based on their assigned grade.

The dealer that always meets or exceeds my expectations, sight unseen at times, is Jim Payette. I would put Steve Ritter in that category as well.

I might even say they are tighter than CGC.

They are the standard.