• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

March Madness Grading Tournament - Round of 64
3 3

256 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, oakman29 said:

Are you kidding me ? Why in the hell do you have full size giant pics of two Silver Surfer books in your sigline. Don't you think that's a tad much? Can't you shrink them down.

there are siglines on the new boards?

Just now, thirdgreenham said:

He's going to need it.  He doesn't realize he's matched up against the Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon.

A swarm of bees can outmatch any number of dragons and tigers

4 hours ago, oakman29 said:

Are you kidding me ? Why in the hell do you have full size giant pics of two Silver Surfer books in your sigline. Don't you think that's a tad much? Can't you shrink them down.

Agreed. It's beyond ridiculous. :makepoint:

5 minutes ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

How have the books been so far?  Fun?  No fun? Too easy?  Too hard?  Just right? 

Would anyone complain if there's a CGC grade magazine in the next round?  How about a CGC graded poster?

they have been great-no tricks, all the info is there if you pay attention.  magazine would be great poster no.  because not many have experience in this.  hey what if you did an optional poster where players could choose to do it or not they get an extra 5 points or -5 if off by one.

2 minutes ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

How have the books been so far?  Fun?  No fun? Too easy?  Too hard?  Just right? 

Would anyone complain if there's a CGC grade magazine in the next round?  How about a CGC graded poster?

Too hard -- if thirdgreenham posterizes me this round, then I may not be able to show my face at Toronto Comicon tomorrow!

1 minute ago, Iceman399 said:

Long as you aren't a bug you can't be squished by the exterminator!  Get him Dano.  See you in like 24 hours :whee: 

nope. you wont be seeing anyone lol

1 minute ago, Iceman399 said:

I'll be seeing him in person :baiting: .  I thought we both agreed you already lost lol 

another wrong guess by iceman!!

20 minutes ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

Good books.
I'd be okay with Magazines, but I have no idea how poster grading works.

Edited by DeadOne
* that being said, I have no idea how comic grading works

13 minutes ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

Thought I was doing well with my guesses, but didn't discover the large scans until after I'd submitted my scores for this round. If I survive, I will definitely hold out for bigger scans (which were an eye opener on at least two of the comics) before submitting my scores!

2 minutes ago, Black_Adam said:

Thought I was doing well with my guesses, but didn't discover the large scans until after I'd submitted my scores for this round. If I survive, I will definitely hold out for bigger scans (which were an eye opener on at least two of the comics) before submitting my scores!

I think I know the two you are talking about!! 

1 hour ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

My first grading contest and it has been addictively fun :-) - I am fine with books or magazines but would have no idea where to begin with posters.