• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

March Madness Grading Tournament - Round of 32
2 2

160 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

Yes,  a score of 95 is perfect.

We're using the same scoring system that set in place when we inherited the Tournament.  Except this year sckao allowed for a NG book.

My guess why there isn't a fourth correct book bonus would be that there is no need for the fourth bonus.   It wouldn't separate a contestant from a different contestant who had the same perfect score.

Makes sense. Thanks for the info.

For historical purposes, I actually wanted a perfect game to be 100 points but it was decided by the original March Madness originator that 95 would be the max possible score. If I remember correctly, we kept it for that reason? ( @BlowUpTheMoon and I have discussed this in the past actually... (thumbsu )

By the way, the original March Madness creator was @Nostalgic Attic

(Love this ability to link directly to the user's quick profile / last visited popup page.)

Edited by sckao

2 minutes ago, sckao said:

For historical purposes, I actually wanted a perfect game to be 100 points but it was decided by the original March Madness originator that 95 would be the max possible score. If I remember correctly, we kept it for that reason? (Blowupthemoon and I have discussed this in the past actually... (thumbsu )

Cool cool. Its good to know the history and reasoning, i like it.