• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

March Madness Grading Tournament - Round of 32
2 2

160 posts in this topic

Congrats all advancers.  Lost to a 90 so not too upset and I maintained my usual 60-68 scoring.  Next year maybe I'll hit a few more coin flips.

The agony of defeat… :cry:

It was an honor to participate in BUTM's grading contest, and fortunate to get as far as I did.  A nice test for me to find the strengths & weaknesses of my ability to grade comics when viewing them. 

I see I have a lot more researching to do; I'll still follow the contest thread, and be on the sidelines studying & recording grades to practice for next year's contest. 

Many thanks to BUTM & sckao for the work to make this contest possible, the prize donators, all the participants, and the best of luck to those that have advanced. :applause:

See ya next year! :smile:

I went:

Black Lash - 7.0 FN/VF (Coin flip between 7.0 & 7.5)

Metal Men - 5.5 FN- (Went the wrong direction between a 5.5/6.0)

Mighty Mouse - 9.2 NM- (Coin flip between a 9.2/9.4)

Wonder Woman - 8.0 VF (Coin flip between 7.5/8.0)

Thanks to everyone involved with putting it on.

1 hour ago, 1Cool said:

Did a 39 and 44 really get thru to the sweet 16??

Yes and I had the 44.  I have a bad tendency of undergrading mid grade books on down.  I still say there's no way that Wonder Woman is a 7.5.  I originally had it at 7.0 then went down to a 6.5.  Better stick with the original guess I think.

I'm just happy to make it to the Sweet 16.  My next opponent has scored 90+ in every round so far, so it looks like I need to use the Princeton defense to slow him down.  I'm pretty much dead in the water but then again I always did like the underdog role.  :shy:

7 minutes ago, Shark said:

Yes and I had the 44.  I have a bad tendency of undergrading mid grade books on down.  I still say there's no way that Wonder Woman is a 7.5.  I originally had it at 7.0 then went down to a 6.5.  Better stick with the original guess I think.

I'm just happy to make it to the Sweet 16.  My next opponent has scored 90+ in every round so far, so it looks like I need to use the Princeton defense to slow him down.  I'm pretty much dead in the water but then again I always did like the underdog role.  :shy:

I feel your pain - he crushed me last round so I'm rooting for ya.