• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Silly Monsters (and other goofies)

186 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, Marwood & I said:

79.thumb.jpg.7460be46a2f910213fad43f8e6bae565.jpg

"THE THING HAS US TRAPPED!! THERE'S NO PLACE TO RUN!"

"I see you! He-he, heh, heh. I see you! He, heh-heh, heh, heh. I see you!"

"You know Joe, I'm kind of ashamed of you for not coming up with something better than The Thing.  I mean, anyone can see it is some kind of thing...tell you what, I'll throw you a bunch of consonants with no vowels and we'll see what we come up with."

5 hours ago, Dr.Fate'sFullHelmet said:

"You know Joe, I'm kind of ashamed of you for not coming up with something better than The Thing.  I mean, anyone can see it is some kind of thing...tell you what, I'll throw you a bunch of consonants with no vowels and we'll see what we come up with."

You dare to mock the might of THRRGTKKLM Earthling?! :mad:

5 hours ago, Unca Ben said:

Here's what's really funny:

If any current Marvel could match the sales figures of these Monster issues they would top the list of any modern monthly sales report.  :grin:

Indeed. They are two completely different things though, old and new comics, from completely ages. Drop this comment into the "Marvel's Falling Sales" thread Unc, and you might reignite World War ChucKav!  ? 

58f4cfe34e1e4_2017-04-1715_17_42.thumb.jpg.5f5a30b9715855bed97201b249840d52.jpg

"Now Daphne, when I said "did you turn the gas off" and you said "yes dear, of course I did" were you either a) telling me the truth, and our house has just exploded for reasons unknown, or b) lying out of your fat ugly face because you in fact did not turn the gas off and that is why our f****** house has just exploded?"

"Oh Dave!"

58f4d57ce349f_2017-04-1715_41_21.jpg.faa553153928ccc6cfe952726eac823e.jpg

"Now, Barry, just run me through your career experience one last time would you? You have actually piloted a ship this big before, haven't you?"

"Look, I parked it didn't I? What's your problem? I parked the boat and nobody died. I think we both know what this is really about don't we Malcolm."

On ‎4‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 9:48 AM, Marwood & I said:

"Now, Barry, just run me through your career experience one last time would you? You have actually piloted a ship this big before, haven't you?"

"Look, I parked it didn't I? What's your problem? I parked the boat and nobody died. I think we both know what this is really about don't we Malcolm."

"What??  I distinctly remember you saying The Palace...geez...ok, ok, which building DID you want it on top of?"

On ‎4‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 9:27 AM, Marwood & I said:

58f4cfe34e1e4_2017-04-1715_17_42.thumb.jpg.5f5a30b9715855bed97201b249840d52.jpg

"Now Daphne, when I said "did you turn the gas off" and you said "yes dear, of course I did" were you either a) telling me the truth, and our house has just exploded for reasons unknown, or b) lying out of your fat ugly face because you in fact did not turn the gas off and that is why our f****** house has just exploded?"

"Oh Dave!"

"Honey, I'm starting to worry about what's going to happen to our house on White Mountain at noon..."

Isn't this the one about a gigantic monster that's been sleeping under the city for aeons but, shortly before fully waking up, he experiences a particularly common male excitation issue, the result of which is that half the city gets punched out of the way? It's the 50s, and so in order to get the book Code-approved the effect had to be censored by the addition of a pair of extremely large, monster-size, black boxer shorts.  

But, you still know what's happening.

Edited by Ken Aldred

On 4/17/2017 at 10:48 AM, Marwood & I said:

I didn't realize that building codes from this era required the structural integrity to support an ocean liner perched atop.

Edited by Jerkfro

57.thumb.jpg.30146a1c58fc9083115c7bbd5cc43cd0.jpg

"THE DOOR THAT WOULDN'T OPEN!"

"HAD A BIG HOLE IN IT."

"THAT YOU COULD LEAN THROUGH."

"TO OPEN IT....."

"We haven't thought this one through have we Barry?"

Never noticed it before, but take the horns away and he looks quite similar to The Abomination.

92.jpg.85d3c94daaeeae4fc839e4973c361c98.jpg

"IT'S--HIM!! HE KNOWS I'M HERE!"

"NOT UNDER THERE..."

"HE'LL NEVER STOP TILL HE FINDS ME!"

"....NOT THERE EITHER..."

"HE SEES ME--OH NO! NO!!"

"FOUND YOU! HA HA, HA! YOUR TURN!"

Edited by Marwood & I
BD'sC

49.thumb.jpg.de8c73bac83a0690624f551ab25ec1c0.jpg

"Saaaay, has one of you old timers farted in my cab?"

"Certainly not! How dare you! Clarence, speak to the driver!"

"Poooor, Mum that stinks!"

"Careful Peter, you'll knock your Mothers new hat off!"

"You call, that a hat Mister? It looks more like a lamp shade! I'm thinking now it was your old lady that floated the air biscuit in my cab!"

"Oh, Dave!"

"You're sure gonna regret saying that buster! When I get my hands on you I'll - HOLY SWEET MOTHER OF ****, WHAT'S THAT OUT THE WINDOW!"