• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Silly Monsters (and other goofies)

186 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, kav said:

6a00d8345158e369e200e553afd1a28833-800wi.jpg

All those people being mind-controlled, and it's Xemnu / 'The Hulk' who's wearing a tin helmet.

I like the expression on the face of the guy in a blue suit. 'Looks like I picked the wrong week to run out of aluminum foil.'

1 hour ago, Ken Aldred said:

All those people being mind-controlled, and it's Xemnu / 'The Hulk' who's wearing a tin helmet.

I like the expression on the face of the guy in a blue suit. 'Looks like I picked the wrong week to run out of aluminum foil.'

I thought he face said "Oh no-- I just crapped my pants"

the two guys behind him sort of support my theory.

Edited by 01TheDude

That's scatological, I'm British, must avoid temptation to respond....

It depends on how long they've been held in that trance by Xemnu.  If it's gone on long enough, 'accidents' are inevitable.  It's a fair observation you've made there.

6 hours ago, Ken Aldred said:

6a00d8345158e369e200e553afd1a28833-800wi.jpg

5 hours ago, 01TheDude said:

I thought he face said "Oh no-- I just crapped my pants"

the two guys behind him sort of support my theory.

Now I think that you two have got this all wrong. This is clearly a case of a story within a story if you look closely. Obviously, one story is the fact that a 200 foot mind bending carpet is terrorising the city. If you look more closely however, the real human story here is the fact that the girl in red has just cracked one off with a noise like sellotape off a window and this has broken carpet monster's spell. It's aftermath is moving to her right, and the two guys in front of her have just caught it full on. They may never recover. Spell broken, the two guys behind are still reacting to the noise and have yet to catch the full drift, but, as you can see from their faces, the slow realisation of its full horror is beginning to dawn. Mr Wong, the guy to the left of our flatulent princess is of course used to this kind of thing and is expressing simple mild disdain. He was never under any spell as he only speaks Mandarin. Despite everything, our lady in red still thinks she can tough it out and blame it on the aforementioned Mr Wong, if challenged. 

All of this is academic however, as the carpet monster is about to unleash his own other-worldly guff and this will kill every living thing in a 50 mile radius.

On 07/04/2017 at 0:05 PM, Readcomix said:

This thread is incomplete without this guy...plus it's the first Dr Droom (Dr Druid), six months before FF#1. I love it as a monster book and as an unheralded Marvel hero precursor key both :cloud9:

image_zpsroxgukov.jpeg

"Look at this print!! It's impossible! Nothing can be so huge!!"

"Torr can!"

"Oh, right, fair point"

"Quiet!! Torr might be anywhere!"

"Well pardon me but I think that's a little silly if you don't mind me saying"

"Quiet!!"

"No, I won't be quiet. Have you seen how big Torr is? There's no way he could be 'anywhere'!"

"What?"

"Well, could he be in a phone box? Could he be in my Mum's car? I don't think so"

"For chrissakes be quiet!!"

"Oh, here we go, one little difference of opinion and Mr Poopy Pants comes out. That's you all over Barry"

13 minutes ago, Marwood & I said:

"Look at this print!! It's impossible! Nothing can be so huge!!"

"Torr can!"

"Oh, right, fair point"

The confusion comes from a spelling error, an extra r in Torr.  They're not referring to the monster, but rather the B-movie actor from this period, Tor Johnson, who was a very big guy.

hqdefault.jpg

7 minutes ago, Ken Aldred said:

The confusion comes from a spelling error, an extra r in Torr.  They're not referring to the monster, but rather the B-movie actor from this period, Tor Johnson, who was a very big guy.

hqdefault.jpg

Do you know Ken, that's only the second photo of Arch I've ever seen?

6 hours ago, Marwood & I said:

Now I think that you two have got this all wrong. This is clearly a case of a story within a story if you look closely. Obviously, one story is the fact that a 200 foot mind bending carpet is terrorising the city. If you look more closely however, the real human story here is the fact that the girl in red has just cracked one off with a noise like sellotape off a window and this has broken carpet monster's spell. It's aftermath is moving to her right, and the two guys in front of her have just caught it full on. They may never recover. Spell broken, the two guys behind are still reacting to the noise and have yet to catch the full drift, but, as you can see from their faces, the slow realisation of its full horror is beginning to dawn. Mr Wong, the guy to the left of our flatulent princess is of course used to this kind of thing and is expressing simple mild disdain. He was never under any spell as he only speaks Mandarin. Despite everything, our lady in red still thinks she can tough it out and blame it on the aforementioned Mr Wong, if challenged. 

All of this is academic however, as the carpet monster is about to unleash his own other-worldly guff and this will kill every living thing in a 50 mile radius.

Finally a great question to throw at Steve Ditko in a letter-- get on it Kav-- get to the BOTTOM of this so we can clear the air!

16 minutes ago, 01TheDude said:

Finally a great question to throw at Steve Ditko in a letter-- get on it Kav-- get to the BOTTOM of this so we can clear the air!

Hold fire gunner @kav. Ditko and me have got previous and I know already that his response will be something along the lines of "put it up your pipe". 

12 hours ago, bc said:

Staying on the Amazing Adventures theme .... Manoo !

AA_2_zpsa91fdcce.jpg

-bc

"I tell you I'm convinced hostile life does exist on other planets!"

"Haw! listen to teachers pet make a fool of himself!"

"OK kids, settle down now, it's time we HOLY SWEET MOTHER OF F*** WHAT'S THAT AT THE WINDOW!"

3 minutes ago, Marwood & I said:

"I tell you I'm convinced hostile life does exist on other planets!"

"Haw! listen to teachers pet make a fool of himself!"

"OK kids, settle down now, it's time we HOLY SWEET MOTHER OF F*** WHAT'S THAT AT THE WINDOW!"

0012.gif.544326e73573e51cd432fe1c4738f984.gif

10 minutes ago, porcupine48 said:

cousins?

tta.jpg

"Go back to bed dear, it's probably just the wind or HOLY SWEET MOTHER OF F*** WHAT'S THAT AT THE WINDOW!"

1 minute ago, Marwood & I said:

"Go back to bed dear, it's probably just the wind or HOLY SWEET MOTHER OF F*** WHAT'S THAT AT THE WINDOW!"

0012.gif.c9b3f1a9b782f92171987f348121b10a.gif