• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Silly Monsters (and other goofies)

186 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, Dr.Fate'sFullHelmet said:

Those are hilarious Unca, thank you!  Only a few of those are mine, I hope to have a great silly monster collection one day.

Check out the Silver Comics forum for the "Pre-Hero Marvels!!!!" thread. Lot of silly monster collectors over there. (:

-bc

18 hours ago, tv horror said:

Thanks for posting those covers I love them and it's about time instead of the standard few of Marvel classic Silver age titles. There's just something more innocent about the monsters and those clearly made up names, maybe Stan's typewriter had a sticky key?.

Yes, there seemed to be almost a requirement that the silly monster's name had to include multiple r's and g's...I think if the silly monster era had not ended when it did, we would have seen "Let the world beware!  GGGGGGGG is on the loose!"  And the puny human is saying, "We must flee!  If we stand around trying to figure out how to pronounce his name we'll most assuredly end up trying to outdo each other with planet-obliterating hyperbole!"  And of course GGGGGGGG looks like a pile of...