• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Let's try this... the Golden Age ORIGINAL ART Thread
4 4

276 posts in this topic

15 hours ago, ciorac said:

2B2F883A-5233-4EDA-AD6D-7E3E3E8FC96D_zps

I notice lots of the fiction house OA have this markings in circle 498,496 top of page, now this Fawcett publication pg's have the similar markings 498,500 circle in pencil

What could this markings mean? the price? a date? a code? many OA have the same numbers circle in pencil. could all this art belong to a dealer or collector long ago?

4 hours ago, Cat-Man_America said:

Lots of fantastic art in this thread. :headbang:

Alas, don't have much B&W art in my collection, but original GA art also applies to pulps too, does it not?

This George Rozen Shadow cover painting (June 15, '42) is a favorite of mine...

image_zps8ehim1p0.jpeg

a3283c1a-b976-42d0-9c05-9ae05bb7e83e_zps

Works for me. Gorgeous. 

9 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

@creaturefan95 Is that museum in Erie, PA?  Is the OA part of their permanent collection or was it a temporary exhibit?

Yes, the Golden Age original comic book artwork that I took pictures of is part of the Erie Art Museum in Pennsylvania's permanent collection. It was not the whole exhibit which included some temporary pieces.

Just now, creaturefan95 said:
19 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

@creaturefan95 Is that museum in Erie, PA?  Is the OA part of their permanent collection or was it a temporary exhibit?

Yes, the Golden Age original comic book artwork that I took pictures of is part of the Erie Art Museum in Pennsylvania's permanent collection. It was not the whole exhibit which included some temporary pieces.

Thanks.  I'm occasionally in that neck of the woods, so I'll have to try to remember to check it out.